Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Nothing in the newsletter recieved today.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Nothing in the newsletter recieved today.
Did they correctly display your Award Miles?

They made a boo-boo with the newsletters sent out last week, displaying the level mile amount as the Award Miles amount, and had to resend the newsletter with an apology.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:16 am

Weird, I didn't receive newsletter
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Did they correctly display your Award Miles?

They made a boo-boo with the newsletters sent out last week, displaying the level mile amount as the Award Miles amount, and had to resend the newsletter with an apology.
Yes, all the amounts are correct. I haven't received the faulty newsletter BTW.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Month ago I called the AMEX DESK in The Netherlands as I was about to buy the FB AMEX card again. The agent told me I better could wait because the are major changes comming. He mentioned that they are in relation with the FB programm and specially will effect the FB AMEX PLUS card. So I will stay with my Mastercard of De Beijenkorf!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:20 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Reduced number of miles to Africa & India

Europe 1,2,3 to Africa is now 25.000 miles compared to 35.000 miles one-way before;
Europe 1,2,3 to India is now 30.000 miles compared to 35.000 miles one-way before.

I wonder if any other changes will be announced besides this and the option to upgrade from voyageur to premium at a reduced fee (and cannot seem to find any information on that..)

Source: Flying Blue News
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
Europe 1,2,3 to Africa is now 25.000 miles compared to 35.000 miles one-way before;
Europe 1,2,3 to India is now 30.000 miles compared to 35.000 miles one-way before.

I wonder if any other changes will be announced besides this and the option to upgrade from voyageur to premium at a reduced fee (and cannot seem to find any information on that..)

Seems to work to DAK but not to JNB...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

from full Y only still. Which is only interesting when flying corporate, leisure travel almost always be booked in a lower class.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Europe 1,2,3 to Africa is now 25.000 miles compared to 35.000 miles one-way before ... Flying Blue News
You almost gave me a heart attack. Last week, I booked KL AMS-CPT and AF JNB-LHR for 2 in biz @ 60k each (= 2x 30k Y). They are still 60K today.

Perhaps some alignment with the competition is due. AIUI BA and BD (op SA) are 50K in each direction. Until they are 'enhanced'.

RANT: Why, when I click on that link, can I not find my country in the dropdown box? My country for Flying Poo purposes is the UK, and pretty well all other travel websites put this under 'U'. @:-) For the KL dropdown box, I have to look under 'G' - Great Britain/UK.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Two days left, and no new news ! I guess we will just find out on the 01.09

SB
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:24 am

It's September 2011, and nothing :S!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Positive changes are coming

I have been told by a contact person at Flying Blue that changes are coming, to be announced later this year coming in to effect the beginning of next year (new membership year?).

Let us keep our fingers crossed!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:20 pm

maybe they've been so clever that they waited for BAEC to announce their changes before announcing their own
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Someone made a query on KLM's facebook page pertaining to the new T&C and the reply was that all changes are related to the new Amex card and gave a link to the Dutch Amex website:

"KLM Hallo Wei, er zullen alleen veranderingen plaatsvinden indien je in bezit bent van de Flying Blue American Express Onecard. Via de volgende link kun je alle wijzigingen rustig nalezen. http://klmf.ly/pBSNJa
5 hours ago · Like"
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:11 am

I have been told by a contact person at Flying Blue that changes are coming, to be announced later this year coming in to effect the beginning of next year (new membership year?).

Let us keep our fingers crossed!
There are no information out in the internet confirming what you stated here :P! I know you are a very reliable source for these kind of info., but you havent heard more like what kind of benefits? Maybe free upgrades vouchers like with Lufthansa :P! (Y)!
Sincerely, SB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.