Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Air France is specifically taking care of their Elite plus customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
A lot of CEO's and such were not at all happy about being outed on the plane!
I can imagine Michael Martin’s face (the former speaker in the British House of Commons who has been forced from his post) on a British Airways flight:

A special welcome to our very loyal and valuable passenger, who is currently flying to New York with all his family on award ticket.
Old May 30, 2009, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
My most recent flight was to Rio - the CCP came around and introduced herself to apparently only elite pax, said how much our business meant to them, especially in the current period.

Nothing on the way back, didn't even see the CCP once.

It's hit and miss with AF, it doesn't happen more often than it does ... and it speaks volumes about the level of service in general, in my opinion: so many times the quality of your in-flight service depends on the tone the CCP sets for the rest of the crew. If you get a great CCP who likes his/her role as ambassador for AF, you're in luck; if not, service tends to be not as good ... which isn't right for premium cabins on a "premium" (certainly premium in ticket costs!) carrier.
Old May 30, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
I was "greeted" for the first time by a KLM stewardess on a flight from AMS to ATL earlier this month. She cleverly combined it with offering to take my meal order ( in economy) to ensure I got my choice.

Nice touch, though i've had cityjet crew snarl at me more often that i've been recognised as an elite, though to be fair I think they're improving too.
Old May 31, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
I think that there is a push on with AF. I flew MAN-TXL last week (£500 return in Y). KLM thought it nice to put me into 17B (no web check-in available, no kiosk check-in at MAN, so I had to do the old-fashioned thing and queue). Same on AMS-TXL - middle seat, down the back.
What a difference at AF on the way back. Plonked (or would that be upgraded?) into that midships cabin twice. Nice front aisle seats on both trips after being given horrid rear mid seats.
I used to enjoy my KLM flights, but now the crews seem to be more involved in having a laugh in the galley than actually dealing with pax.
As I am up to 14 AF/KL trips this year (and that is after switching much of my flying to *A), this 'be nice to the frequent flyers' attitude seems more noticeable on AF.
Old May 31, 2009, 4:40 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Flying back in Voyageur Premium yesterday from WAW, the pre-take off Champagne service was extended, with a smile, from Affaires into Voyageur Premium. Nice touch .
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:38 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Flying back in Voyageur Premium yesterday from WAW, the pre-take off Champagne service was extended, with a smile, from Affaires into Voyageur Premium. Nice touch .
I am off to MUC early next week (on AF for the first time in ages) also in Voyageur Premium and I will be interested to see if I get taken care of in the same vein ~ or even if I get a kindly greeting as an Elite Plus....

Cheers

Sim.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
I occasionally get a polite ' merci pour votre fidélité ' when my boarding pass is checked.Thats the sole difference between my 60+ sectors a year and some guy who's on his first AF flight.It's so pathetic it's laughable.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sorry to bring up an old thread but no need to start a new one. AF only seems to do this for FB elites but not ST Elite Plus, which seems to rub many the wrong way. I wonder why top elites of other airlines are ignored and only AF elites recognized. Isn't that the point of SkyTeam?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Sorry to bring up an old thread but no need to start a new one. AF only seems to do this for FB elites but not ST Elite Plus, which seems to rub many the wrong way. I wonder why top elites of other airlines are ignored and only AF elites recognized. Isn't that the point of SkyTeam?
No, I don't really think that an extra hello by the boss de cabine is the point of Skyteam.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Aren't all airlines like this? If I fly DL as an AF/KL elite I get no special recognition. Ditto if I fly KE, AZ or any other ST airline. When I fly AA as a BA elite I do get a bag of chips, but that's it. No one comes up to me and thanks me for being a BA elite on an AA flight.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum

Strangely enough I am always welcomed by name and thanked for flying on SU as a FB Elite
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Aren't all airlines like this? If I fly DL as an AF/KL elite I get no special recognition. Ditto if I fly KE, AZ or any other ST airline. When I fly AA as a BA elite I do get a bag of chips, but that's it. No one comes up to me and thanks me for being a BA elite on an AA flight.
Precisely! I must have flown DL more than one hundred times by now and I recall exactly two instances where my FB status was recognized:
1) TLH-ATL - early morning commuter single class flight with one FA. I was sitting in 1B and I saw that during taxiing she was going through the PIL. After take off she greeted all DL SM travelers, million milers and (deviating from the script) a AF FB Platinum traveler (i.e. me). It turned out that I was the only platinum from any FFP on board.

2) ATL-LAX in coach, pre-EC era. I was paying for a snack box with my FB Amex Platinum card. The FA was about to swipe it when she noticed the details of the card and said: "oh, you are getting this for free. Thank you for your loyalty."
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As other posters, I am often greeted as a platinum member on-board AF planes but I have never been greeted as such on-board DL planes whatever I was travelling in Y, domestic F or long-haul J.

But that's not a reason to find this OK. It should be a pan-Skyteam thing in an ideal world !
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, DL SM
Originally Posted by DrLudwig
Strangely enough I am always welcomed by name and thanked for flying on SU as a FB Elite
Same here. SU do a good job at this, the FAs have a list of Elite pax on every L/H flight and make the effort to find and greet them on board.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by gabriel2
Same here. SU do a good job at this, the FAs have a list of Elite pax on every L/H flight and make the effort to find and greet them on board.
Unless it's a night flight, like SVO-BKK. Then they leave the pax alone for the most part. And I don't recall them doing this on CDG-SVO, but I might not have noticed with all the Champagne they were pouring in my glass. For me SU is tied with AT for the best business class MH flights in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.