Wiki Posts
Search

Air France is not the greatest

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Air France is not the greatest

Having been accused of just about anything on this board --- by KLMers ;-), I thought I'd share my trip report in the appropriate froun.. I don't know how to do links here... but here's my attempt:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/foru...aysprune=&f=492

Last edited by Braniff; Oct 2, 2005 at 3:57 pm
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Well that didn't work. Let me try it for you:

Edited to add: Bugger, I think I went and linked the wrong report. Deleted.

Edited again to add:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478501

It was the only one in trip reports. I was expecting something critical of Air France, not talking nice about another airline .

Good report BTW.

Oh and I agree with the comment about T1. It is one of the great pieces of 20th century Paris architecture and should be treated with a little more respect.

Regards
I

Last edited by Internaut; Oct 3, 2005 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:40 am

Programs: flying blue
No, they're THE WORST!

AF Not the greatest ? No, they're THE WORST!

I flew to Bogota Colombia, out of Paris CDG. I arrived, but my bag didn't. Turns out Air France deliberately held my bag at Paris, in order to accept the bags of people who were paying excess baggage !

My bag finally arrived four days late (the THIRD time Air France has "mislaid" my bag in the last year).

But this is the real killer. AF agents at Bogota told me I should hold on to my receipts for toiletries etc that I had to buy to get me thru the 4 days without my stuff. However, when I claimed a reimbusrement from AF they REFUSED to pay up !!

Air France has to have one of the lowest standards of customer care out there. Plus they're using a call centre in Prague Czech Republic, with the result that that you have to deal with surly call centre employees who barely speak English.

I'm a freqent flyer with Air France. I have one upcoming transatlantic flight with them that I booked long ago. After that, au revoir merde Air France!

Dr Maria Barnwell
Old Oct 3, 2005, 4:46 pm

nowadays every major carrier has different call centers all over the world, mainly in low wage countries.

In many aspects Air France is fairly OK, not outstanding though (and no comparison with SQ, of course!!). But I agree, Air France has below-average procedures for the handling of any problems arising. You virtually have to sue them until they will pay any compensation.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by jarino
nowadays every major carrier has different call centers all over the world, mainly in low wage countries.
Somewhat off-topic, but . . .

I was in Dakar, Senegal a while back, and learned that lots of French companies (and others) use call centers in Senegal for inquiries in French. Seems the Senegalese employees (French-speaking anyway) have been taught the Paris accent, and can pass for someone from France.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Never ever read a headline that was so true and absolutely spot on on ft.com since I am a member...

And even the French seem to realise that their carrier is not really a contender among the top airlines on this planet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.