Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF's strategic goals for La Premiere in light of its recent changes for awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF's strategic goals for La Premiere in light of its recent changes for awards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
What if you simply try to book two seats since you see two seats? Does the availability disappear? Or does the system simply not let you do it? I don't have anywhere near enough miles to try for myself.

I am thinking where it could be coming from, might be that the availability fed into the screen is from revenue F, but... it's not like they can simply use revenue availability if they want to have non-rev availability different? So why not pull the "only 1 seat remaining" from award availability? IT bug?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
What if you simply try to book two seats since you see two seats? Does the availability disappear? Or does the system simply not let you do it? I don't have anywhere near enough miles to try for myself.
It doesn't let you do it. Just tried a dummy booking. No availability shown when you request for 2 pax. But booking possible when you ask for 1 pax.

I am thinking where it could be coming from, might be that the availability fed into the screen is from revenue F, but... it's not like they can simply use revenue availability if they want to have non-rev availability different? So why not pull the "only 1 seat remaining" from award availability? IT bug?
IT bug is always a good guess with AFKL. And yes, you might be right, they just show award availability for whatever availability they have in revenue F.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:20 am

Can't say I'm surprised.

After all... pay peanuts, get monkeys. AFKL IT is not a well paying employer
Jean97 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
It doesn't let you do it. Just tried a dummy booking. No availability shown when you request for 2 pax. But booking possible when you ask for 1 pax.

IT bug is always a good guess with AFKL. And yes, you might be right, they just show award availability for whatever availability they have in revenue F.

Happy to report that it works for me. I can book 2x La Première awards in one-go...
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
What does this mean? They sell their miles to all the credit card banks so you can transfer points to the AF program and redeem awards.

Obviously many of those people transferring points to AF are not elites. They can't redeem biz class awards?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by frappant
What does this mean? They sell their miles to all the credit card banks so you can transfer points to the AF program and redeem awards.

Obviously many of those people transferring points to AF are not elites. They can't redeem biz class awards?
Calm down... and re-read the title. Everyone, without being Elite, can redeem their miles (obtained by flying and/or credit card program transfers) to redeem award tickets in Economy, Premium Economy & Business Class. We are talking here about La Première, which is an exclusive and luxurious product, only available to Flying Blue Platinum.
newflyer27, etiene and ofj like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Can't say I'm surprised.
After all... pay peanuts, get monkeys. AFKL IT is not a well paying employer
That's the least we can say. But as they say when they come with an offer: "You will have GPs" :-D
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:06 am

...GPs?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:21 am

...GPs?
That denotes the non-rev tickets/passengers, who are employees of AF, their friends/families.

Forgot what the acronym was for...? In French "gratis passenger"? 🤣

Edit: "gratuité partielle". But we are digressing. La Première seats are not available for GPs I believe.
drjeffrock likes this.

Last edited by vinnyc; Jan 20, 2023 at 11:28 am
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:15 pm

Oh, non-rev privileges.

I mean, they do advertise ID90 after 6 months in service, but I would have to be using, by a broad approximation, about 1000 euros worth of that every month, to make a position with AFKL IT remotely lucrative.

Don't get me wrong, if I was 25 again, I'd have jumped on it, but by now, I'm too old and saddled with obligations to try and get to Papeete on standby. And 747s don't fly to SXM neither, let alone MD-11s.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by vinnyc

La Première seats are not available for GPs I believe.
Correct. LP is not an option on GPnet, but they do show how many LP tickets have been booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.