Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non- Schengen to Schengen Transit at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
I thought that there was no direct flight CDG-AJA, only from ORY.
For 7-8 years now, you have AF seasonal services CDG-Corsica during peak summer time.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Yes. A bunch of other third country nationalities are eligible for PARAFE on arrival. They just need to be stamped after clearing the gates so (I believe) they don't use the same machines as the EU/EEA/CH passport holders.
Presumably the stamping will go away with ETIAS.

Last edited by BigFlyer; Aug 30, 2023 at 3:49 pm
Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Yes. A bunch of other third country nationalities are eligible for PARAFE on arrival. They just need to be stamped after clearing the gates so (I believe) they don't use the same machines as the EU/EEA/CH passport holders.

Just a quick feedback now that my trip is done :-(

1- UK PP holder was allowed to use PARAFE on arrival. PP still needed to be stamped afterwards by an immigration officer in a booth behind the e-gates.
2- I ended up not exiting the airport and stayed airside. the flight arrived in T1 which is newly refurbished. Toilets were very clean and it was quiet in the terminal at 8am
3- didnt pay for AF lounge. Got some brekkie and ate at a cafe in T2F instead.
4- airside coach from T1 to T2F. took around 10mins. wait was 7-8mins. There were only a few other people waiting to transfer at 8.30am. only 2 people got off at T2F.
5- AF flight from CDG to Nantes was fast and easy. they ran out of time to serve drinks to us in the back as the flight time was so short.
6- arrival at nantes airport was fine. luggage area was a shambles - glad i didnt have any check in luggage.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Couldn't find via the search and dint want to start a new thread.

Is UK seen as trusted at CDG meaning no security when transferring from UK to Schengen as is the case at AMS or is there a security and PP check at CDG?
Old May 22, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by tuonopepper

Is UK seen as trusted at CDG meaning no security when transferring from UK to Schengen as is the case at AMS or is there a security and PP check at CDG?
In theory yes, practically it depends where the aircraft will be parked upon arrival in CDG. If it is parked at the K concourse, there is no possibility to get this "sterile" transit by just clearing immigration to your next flight.
If it is parked at L concourse, then yes you will be able to bypass security and proceed straight to immigration.
For bus arrivals, I have no experience.
This is just due to architectural/design constraints of CDG 2E/F terminals, and historical French regulations where departing and arriving passengers were never mixed (even intra-Schengen).
hhdl likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by tuonopepper

In my recent, and first, experience of CDG and arriving from the UK (BHX) with an inward connection within France, we had to transit from our assigned stand at T2G back to T2E for passport and hand baggage scans before heading back to T2G for the onward flight.
Old May 22, 2024, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
If it is parked at L concourse, then yes you will be able to bypass security and proceed straight to immigration.
Not all L gates allow this. Only the ones in the north part of the concourse AFAIK.
JOUY31 likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Ok thanks.

I came back from MXP via CDG yesterday and coming back Schengen to UK seemed no better or worse than AMS and simple enough, not sure i'd want much less than a 90 min connection though.

Looks like out via AMS and back via either is the best option, shames as i like the AF A220s above the other short haul aircraft.
Old May 23, 2024, 6:28 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not all L gates allow this. Only the ones in the north part of the concourse AFAIK.
Really? I did not know that. Too bad that S3 never got its Schengen/non-Schengen mixed use that was scheduled in the initial plans...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.