Wiki Posts
Search

CDG meet & greet / concierge services

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Again, clear waste of money IMHO.
For your outbound, you have a super long connection. You’ll never spend 2hrs in line (that never happens in CDG). On your return, this is non-Schengen to non-Schengen so you just have to go through security.
AH, ok, thank you. I didn't realize that the lines weren't THAT bad. I've been burned at LHR and CDG before - years ago, so just a bit paranoid these days!
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rumples
Have a flight from SFO - CDG - AMS with a 3 hour 20 min layover and then a LHR - CDG - SFO with a 1.5 hour layover on the return.

Thinking that we should utilize the AF CDG Concierge service both ways - as I'd rather not wait in line 2 hours on the CDG arrival from both SFO and LHR so we can maximize time in the lounge and not worry about a tight connection on the way back?
I would think that answer would depend on how long you might have to wait on line, how long you'd have to wait with the service and whether you regard the difference as worth the cost.

For example, how much would it be worth to you to reduce the time spent on line from 2 hours (or whatever the potential / probable time might be) to 20 minutes?

Different people have different views on how long things can take. See Time to arrive at CDG? for some divergent views.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:55 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I’ve been in the AF forum for 10 years now, and throughout the years I’ve adopted a principle: Always trust Goldorak’s comments

So if he says that the service is waste of money, then it is

I did have a few departures that were a nightmare right before COVID but this was because there was an ongoing remodeling at the 2E security checkpoint. This was the only reason why a flight departing after 1:30 pm would result in a wait. Other than that, in over 10 years flying out of CDG, unless your flight departs before noon, or unless there’s a strike (which have been very uncommon in the last 4-5 years) there should be nothing to worry about.
af fp, Goldorak, SkyteamEP and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I’ve been in the AF forum for 10 years now, and throughout the years I’ve adopted a principle: Always trust Goldorak’s comments
the phoenix and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Arrival: landing to taxi was half an hour. The flight was about 40 minutes early.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by richarddd
Arrival: landing to taxi was half an hour. The flight was about 40 minutes early.
with or without meet & greet service ?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:50 pm

Recent experience using the My Conciergerie service for arrivals for 3 of us in our party, with transport service into Paris. We arrived at the far end of the M gates of Terminal 2E, and our agent was waiting there. He guided us through the terminal to the train, then through immigration priority line where there was a bit of a backup. Then through to the baggage claim, customs, and then a seamless transfer to our chauffeur.

Overall it was a nice service, although the layout of CDG makes it difficult for these services to really provide a huge time saving, as you still have to go through the regular maze of huge terminals, trains etc. along with everyone else (depending on which gate and terminal your flight arrives). I would estimate that we might have saved only 15-20 minutes vs navigating through on our own.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
with or without meet & greet service ?
Without. Time included bathroom and ATM, but not baggage. Actual immigration line was short and moved quickly. There was a massive snake line setup to get to immigration, so there were many unnecessary turns.

We took a regular taxi into Paris. There was no wait for that.
blairvanhorn and Goldorak like this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Departure: OLCI plus sky priority got us through quickly. Only a few people in front of us at passport control. Security was a bit of a mess (aggressive people and a lack of bins), but also quick.

A service would not have made much of a difference.

Thanks!
af fp, SDQBound and Goldorak like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver; Miles & More Frequent Traveller
Hi,
after reading posts about CDG for days now, I am still worried...
We are going to travel BER-CDG-BOG in one week. AF1735 from BER arrives at 14:15 at CDG - AF0422 from CDG to BOG is scheduled for 15:45.
We are travelling in C with AF, so I understand that with Sky Priority we could use Access No.1.

Since I read so many horror stories about CDG and saw the photos of endless lines on twitter, I am not sure anymore if the connecting time is sufficient - or if it would be better to just book a meet&greet / concierge service from AF or the airport?
What are your recommendations?

Thank you so much!
Lutz

Last edited by derlutz; Nov 15, 2021 at 10:25 pm
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by derlutz
Hi,
after reading posts about CDG for days now, I am still worried...
We are going to travel BER-CDG-BOG in one week. AF1735 from BER arrives at 14:15 at CDG - AF0422 from CDG to BOG is scheduled for 15:45.
We are travelling in C with AF, so I understand that with Sky Priority we could use Access No.1.

Since I read so many horror stories about CDG and saw the photos of endless lines on twitter, I am not sure anymore if the connecting time is sufficient - or if it would be better to just book a meet&greet / concierge service from AF or the airport?
What are your recommendations?

Thank you so much!
Lutz
no, this is fine without meet and greet service. The afternoon is usually not a zoo and you will be transferring NS to NS intra-2E. Only security to clear, no immigration.
derlutz likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:51 am

Hello Goldorak,
Thank you for your help!

I was thinking that the connection is S to NS (from 2F to 2E) since we arrive in Paris from Berlin, Germany and depart to Bogota, Colombia - and therefore we will not not only have to pass security but also immigration?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by derlutz
Hello Goldorak,
Thank you for your help!

I was thinking that the connection is S to NS (from 2F to 2E) since we arrive in Paris from Berlin, Germany and depart to Bogota, Colombia - and therefore we will not not only have to pass security but also immigration?
oh, I am so sorry, you are right for S to NS. I don’t know why but I thought BEG (Belgrade) instead of BER (Berlin) !
but same : you should be fine without special,service.
747jetter and derlutz like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:30 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I hesitated about booking this service, in the end thought the wait wouldn’t be bad. Took me 2h2m to clear immigration this morning, so it would have been totally worth it.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:02 am

Dear Goldorak and SDQBound,

Thank you for your help!

Actually I booked the service with AF since I was so worried after reading all the twitter posts of people desperately waiting for 60+ minutes at immigration.

What happened yesterday is that nobody was waiting for us at the gate!!

So we proceeded alone to terminal 2E L gates and we were so lucky. Just one person in front of us in the line (sky priority) at immigration.

I would say we made the complete way in 20 minutes maybe!

Again! Thank you everybody for your help! We arrived safely in Colombia ☀️
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.