Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG meet & greet / concierge services

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

CDG meet & greet / concierge services

Has anyone used these services? They appear to bring you from airport arrival to lounge or gate for departure and from gate to exiting the airport by bringing you to the front of all queues (check-in, security, passport control). For CDG many offer this, including AF https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...e_aeroport.htm and CDG itself https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/services/extime-meet-and-greet

I've been seeing posts in various places with estimates of 20 minutes to two hours to get through CDG recently, even with fast track access. Avoiding two hours of lines seems a worthwhile endeavor (although avoiding a short wait would of course be much less valuable). Standing in line is not a very luxury travel experience.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or reports of using these services.

Last edited by richarddd; Nov 6, 2023 at 12:28 pm Reason: New link for CDG's service
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Has anyone used these services? They appear to bring you from airport arrival to lounge or gate for departure and from gate to exiting the airport by bringing you to the front of all queues (check-in, security, passport control). For CDG many offer this, including AF https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...e_aeroport.htm and CDG itself https://myconciergerieorlycdg.fr/en

I've been seeing posts in various places with estimates of 20 minutes to two hours to get through CDG recently, even with fast track access. Avoiding two hours of lines seems a worthwhile endeavor (although avoiding a short wait would of course be much less valuable). Standing in line is not a very luxury travel experience.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or reports of using these services.
I am also considering using this for my arrival on 25 Sep, as I just have a brief overnight in Paris, and I don’t want to spend an unplanned 2 hours in line just trying to clear immigration etc. Any recent experiences to share would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:49 pm

I booked this service through the airport for our trip in August (I assume it's pretty similar to the one offered directly by AF) and we were able to skip almost all lines. We still had to wait a little bit at immigration as the priority line was backed up as well but we saved at least one hour.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fc912
I booked this service through the airport for our trip in August (I assume it's pretty similar to the one offered directly by AF) and we were able to skip almost all lines. We still had to wait a little bit at immigration as the priority line was backed up as well but we saved at least one hour.
Is the priority line something different from the Acces No 1 / Sky Priority line? Which direction did you book?

CDG's version said they estimate 10-20 minutes from gate to airport exit and 15-25 minutes from terminal to gate, assuming no checked baggage. They told me they walk you to the front of all lines.

I link both the AF and airport offerings in the OP. Reportedly, they are all basically the same. CDG's is a touch cheaper (it doesn't charge extra for the second and third person in your party).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is the priority line something different from the Acces No 1 / Sky Priority line? Which direction did you book?
Yes, it's a different line.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, it's a different line.
Correct, different line. I've done this in both directions and have had similar experiences. They also assist with tax refund on departure which I thought was helpful.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

In case anyone cares, our current plan is to use the CDG concierge for our return flight to JFK leaving at 14:20, but not for our arrival to CDG which is scheduled for 10;20, but is often early. From what I can tell, it can take a while to get through CDG for a 14:20 departure, but immigration is seldom bad at 10:20 or a bit earlier.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In case anyone cares, our current plan is to use the CDG concierge for our return flight to JFK leaving at 14:20, but not for our arrival to CDG which is scheduled for 10;20, but is often early. From what I can tell, it can take a while to get through CDG for a 14:20 departure, but immigration is seldom bad at 10:20 or a bit earlier.
IMHO, you are wasting money on departure. If you really want to use this service, I would do it on arrival.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:13 am
Original Poster

IMHO, you are wasting money on departure. If you really want to use this service, I would do it on arrival.
Why?

From threads here and elsewhere, it appears that immigration usually moves quickly at our scheduled/typical arrival and that we should arrive two plus to three hours before our scheduled departure to deal with possible lines. Do you disagree?

Last edited by richarddd; Oct 5, 2021 at 3:26 am
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Why?

From threads here and elsewhere, it appears that immigration usually moves quickly at our scheduled/typical arrival and that we should arrive two plus to three hours before our scheduled departure to deal with possible lines. Do you disagree?
It's totally unpredictable on arrival as flights may be early or late and the morning is very heavy on long-haul arrivals in 2E. Departures are more predictable and 14:20 is way less busy than in the morning. Another factor for the unpredictability both on departure & arrivals is the number of booths open for passport control.
In my very long experience at 2E, I have faced long lines both on departure and arrival, but it's much more frequent on arrival.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

It's totally unpredictable on arrival as flights may be early or late and the morning is very heavy on long-haul arrivals in 2E. Departures are more predictable and 14:20 is way less busy than in the morning. Another factor for the unpredictability both on departure & arrivals is the number of booths open for passport control.
In my very long experience at 2E, I have faced long lines both on departure and arrival, but it's much more frequent on arrival.
For arrivals, does 2E have its own immigration section or does it share with other terminals?

FWIW, here's a thread about the time to arrive at CDG for a flight out Time to arrive at CDG? I hope I don't seem to be argumentative, I'm just trying to gauge the odds of being unhappy with a long line against being unhappy paying 150 (or twice that if both directions) for a service that I end up not having needed. I realize there can be no assurances.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

For arrivals, does 2E have its own immigration section or does it share with other terminals?
2E has its own immigration section.

FWIW, here's a thread about the time to arrive at CDG for a flight out Time to arrive at CDG? I hope I don't seem to be argumentative, I'm just trying to gauge the odds of being unhappy with a long line against being unhappy paying 150 (or twice that if both directions) for a service that I end up not having needed. I realize there can be no assurances.
I gave you my opinion and if you want to pay for this service, this is totally fine of course and ADP will be very happy too.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
On departures there are two potential bottlenecks. The first one is the airline checking that you have the proper documentation to be admitted in the country of your final destination and leaving France. I doubt that the paid service can help.
The second one is French border police, but formalities tend to be quite fast as they have few cases with reasons to stop you exiting France .

On arrival you might have checks for health status (possibly some rapid test at airport) and border police. The process takes longer.
I side with Goldorak that the odds of long lines are much worse for arrivals than departure.

But if you are willing to pay both ways, just do it.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Have a flight from SFO - CDG - AMS with a 3 hour 20 min layover and then a LHR - CDG - SFO with a 1.5 hour layover on the return.

Thinking that we should utilize the AF CDG Concierge service both ways - as I'd rather not wait in line 2 hours on the CDG arrival from both SFO and LHR so we can maximize time in the lounge and not worry about a tight connection on the way back?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Rumples
Have a flight from SFO - CDG - AMS with a 3 hour 20 min layover and then a LHR - CDG - SFO with a 1.5 hour layover on the return.

Thinking that we should utilize the AF CDG Concierge service both ways - as I'd rather not wait in line 2 hours on the CDG arrival from both SFO and LHR so we can maximize time in the lounge and not worry about a tight connection on the way back?
Again, clear waste of money IMHO.
For your outbound, you have a super long connection. You’ll never spend 2hrs in line (that never happens in CDG). On your return, this is non-Schengen to non-Schengen so you just have to go through security.
Rumples likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.