Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT - How to contact AF after 10pm?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
URGENT - How to contact AF after 10pm?

Both Ultimate and Platinum line stop working after 8pm (which I found out to my surprise). So where can I call before midnight to cancel a ticket that I bought this morning, as calling them still on the same day makes it possible to take out the transaction without penalty? Calling another region like US won't help as they won't touch refunds for tickets in France. When I cancel online, it tells me "not possible".

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Both Ultimate and Platinum line stop working after 8pm (which I found out to my surprise). So where can I call before midnight to cancel a ticket that I bought this morning, as calling them still on the same day makes it possible to take out the transaction without penalty? Calling another region like US won't help as they won't touch refunds for tickets in France. When I cancel online, it tells me "not possible".
I am answering too late for that one, however I thought the Elite line was open 24/7 and when the platinum line was closed, the call was forwarded to the Elite line. Also the US could certainly work out something, at least cancel the booking and put a note in the PNR for refund by the European office next day (which needs another call). However for same day cancelation, it is usually not about refunding a ticket but voiding it, which means the payment authorisation is just cancelled, so nothing to refund actually. I guess AF US (DL?) or AF DOM TOM could handle that if you find an agent eager to help you. If the flight is from/to/via US, the rule is 24 hours for cancellation/refund even when void is not possible, so you could do it today as well.

Alternatively, you can ask for a voucher according to the current AF policies, and use this voucher for a new ticket, I don't think you'll stop flying AF over 1+ years.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ranskis
I am answering too late for that one, however I thought the Elite line was open 24/7 and when the platinum line was closed, the call was forwarded to the Elite line.
That is what I thought as well. That someone would pick up the phone. Whoever, even if not a dedicated Elite team. But no, they just tell you to call back between 8am and 8pm.

Also the US could certainly work out something, at least cancel the booking and put a note in the PNR for refund by the European office next day (which needs another call). However for same day cancelation, it is usually not about refunding a ticket but voiding it, which means the payment authorisation is just cancelled, so nothing to refund actually. I guess AF US (DL?) or AF DOM TOM could handle that if you find an agent eager to help you. If the flight is from/to/via US, the rule is 24 hours for cancellation/refund even when void is not possible, so you could do it today as well.
You are absolutely right, it is about voiding, before the credit card transaction goes through. Not a refund, but as if the ticket was never issued.US couldn't help, I tried them, and Canada.

Originally Posted by ranskis
Alternatively, you can ask for a voucher according to the current AF policies, and use this voucher for a new ticket, I don't think you'll stop flying AF over 1+ years.
Current rules are that for cancellations by the pax the tickets conditions prevail. In this case, My ticket is a funny one: free and unlimited rebookings (with fare difference if there is one), but no refund. Hence my desire to void.

In any case, thanks for your help.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
My ticket is a funny one: free and unlimited rebookings (with fare difference if there is one), but no refund.
These are the standard terms for non-refundable tickets at the moment.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
These are the standard terms for non-refundable tickets at the moment.
Yes, of course, you're right. Just didn't think of the fact that they actually put it in the rules, for some reason I had expected the rules to show the "normal" ones, which would then be overwritten by COVID special rules. But you're right of course, these are the new fare rules.
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Small update on the Platinum line. I just called change a few tickets because of the upcoming restrictions here in France. And had a small chat with the agent, apparently the line is open until 11pm now but because of the very low volume of calls they will limit it back to 8pm starting next week.
blairvanhorn, hugolover and AZ112 like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Digicola
Small update on the Platinum line. I just called change a few tickets because of the upcoming restrictions here in France. And had a small chat with the agent, apparently the line is open until 11pm now but because of the very low volume of calls they will limit it back to 8pm starting next week.
Indeed yesterday was busy : I called at around 22:10 and waited for approx 45 min.
As I needed a cancellation for less than 48h later, I was prepared challenge but it went extremely fast (half a minute) without any discussion : guess there was still a large queue behind....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.