Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, Miles & More, MileagePlus, MileagePlan, Iberia Plus
A330 retrofit

Propose specific thread to A330 retrofit status.
F-GZCA done
F-GZCF done
other 13 frames not yet started.

Please correct if any more frame has been retrofitted in-between.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Excellent thread
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
@MoDs, to me, this should be a wiki.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:23 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by olivedel
@MoDs, to me, this should be a wiki.
I second this motion.

Update: Wiki created. Everyome, please feel free to add/edit the current information.

Last edited by SDQBound; Apr 23, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if the bulkheads in the main and mini J cabin have a larger footwell than the non-bulkhead rows?
gipper913 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:27 am

Curious if anyone has flown in the new cabin. I just booked ORD-CDG flights for late summer and the AF website showing the retrofitted cabin. Any thoughts on larger front cabin versus smaller rear mini cabin? Would appreciate any insight - seats currently available in both.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AAguy1979
Curious if anyone has flown in the new cabin. I just booked ORD-CDG flights for late summer and the AF website showing the retrofitted cabin. Any thoughts on larger front cabin versus smaller rear mini cabin? Would appreciate any insight - seats currently available in both.
I have also a booking on the same route as you for mid-summer, and so I am inpatient to discover the new seat. We haven’t got any report yet on this forum. But there’s only 2 planes retrofitted so this is normal.
Regarding the choice between front (main) or rear mini-cabin, this is not different between old and new seats.
I personally prefer to be seated at the front to be served quickly. The rear mini cabin is quieter but has the inconvenient to be served last for the meals and to have traffic coming from Y and W (as some W/Y pax come to use the J toilets and this rarely policed by the crew).
Old May 8, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Now that we're in the summer season (March through October 2019), has anyone actually seen this retrofit on a flight to Seattle?
Old May 9, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Gig103
Now that we're in the summer season (March through October 2019), has anyone actually seen this retrofit on a flight to Seattle?
not yet
Old May 13, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
I will be flying AF655 on May 31 from DXB to CDG. At the moment the aircraft type is listed as A332 and based on the seatmap, it's the retrofitted cabin. Can anyone confirm? Based on the press conference, I am under the impression that these newly retrofitted birds won't be flying to Dubai
Old May 13, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rienhart87
I will be flying AF655 on May 31 from DXB to CDG. At the moment the aircraft type is listed as A332 and based on the seatmap, it's the retrofitted cabin. Can anyone confirm? Based on the press conference, I am under the impression that these newly retrofitted birds won't be flying to Dubai
I don’t think anyone can confirm but you. We don’t have the seatmap of your flight, while you have it. To help to know which cabin you have (as differences are not so obvious), in this post, you have the differences between the old and new layout:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30898328-post144.html
Old May 14, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I don’t think anyone can confirm but you. We don’t have the seatmap of your flight, while you have it. To help to know which cabin you have (as differences are not so obvious), in this post, you have the differences between the old and new layout:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30898328-post144.html
thank you very much for the layouts . based on the layout, my flight is definitely the new interior. I just hope AF will not be playing russian roulette and swapping planes at the very last minutes ala Thai and Cathay Pacific
Old May 14, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by rienhart87
thank you very much for the layouts . based on the layout, my flight is definitely the new interior. I just hope AF will not be playing russian roulette and swapping planes at the very last minutes ala Thai and Cathay Pacific
Cathay does not swap longhaul planes at the last minutes (unlike QR or TG). It only does for regional flights.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Skymiles, Miles & More, MileagePlus, MileagePlan, Iberia Plus
A third aircraft is in between completed (source AF). Does any of you has the registration to update the wiki?
Old May 19, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by vinzbg
A third aircraft is in between completed (source AF). Does any of you has the registration to update the wiki?
Yes, it's F-GZCI. Added in the wiki

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.