Master thread : AF new and cancelled routes

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:18 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CDG/AMS
Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Posts: 2,777
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AF is suspending PHC (Port Harcourt) from 30 MAR 2019.
Pax are rebooked to LOS or ABV.
Some interesting anecdotes about this, PHC is part of CDG-ABV-PHC and vv. I can confirm as an eye witness that the number of passengers on the ABV-PHC leg has dropped considerably over the past years. Not even up to 50 for that leg, so no surprise here. Quite ironically they are just about to open a brand-new and pretty big 150 Million $ international terminal in PHC, designed for 7 million passengers per year. Now it will probably only be used by a hand full of LH passengers a few times a week....
Zembla is offline  
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:12 pm
  #32  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by Zembla
Now it will probably only be used by a hand full of LH passengers a few times a week....
Until some intense diplomatic discussions lead to route resumption by AF
Zembla likes this.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:16 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SJJ/AMS
Posts: 4,649
Not really new routes as such yet still a welcome news: Air France will be codesharing on a number of Air Serbia services from Belgrade (Podgorica, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana & Tivat amongst others). Im not too sure which lounge Air France passengers will be using at Belgrade (new service as of this coming weekend) but the Air Serbia lounge, while lacking natural light, is pretty decent on the whole (very quiet, it has a relax/sofa area and a sort-of restaurant seating area on the other side, with a manned bar).

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:00 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 783
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Not really new routes as such yet still a welcome news: Air France will be codesharing on a number of Air Serbia services from Belgrade (Podgorica, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana & Tivat amongst others). Im not too sure which lounge Air France passengers will be using at Belgrade (new service as of this coming weekend) but the Air Serbia lounge, while lacking natural light, is pretty decent on the whole (very quiet, it has a relax/sofa area and a sort-of restaurant seating area on the other side, with a manned bar).

G
and is Air Serbia not the only European airline left with a true business class (like the American legacy carriers) on European routes?
BobTL is offline  
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:12 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SJJ/AMS
Posts: 4,649
Not anymore, unfortunately (it was good while it lasted, though — direct experience on the Heathrow-Belgrade-Heathrow services). ‘Standard’ seat and configuration these days I’m afraid.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:08 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 2,386
Aeroflot and Turkish airlines have proper business class seating. Some TK aircrafts have usual european business configuration though.
ranskis is offline  
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:44 pm
  #37  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, even if it's not a route cancellation : UIP airport will be closed from Sept 2 to Oct 26 for runway renovation. AF flights ORY-UIP are cancelled during that period. Pax can be rebooked to either LRT or BES.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:36 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I didn't want to start a new thread for this, even if it's not a route cancellation : UIP airport will be closed from Sept 2 to Oct 26 for runway renovation. AF flights ORY-UIP are cancelled during that period. Pax can be rebooked to either LRT or BES.
It's not so much off-topic :-) the route will be suspended after this date anyway, although it may be restarted through a public service delegation contract from Nov 1st:

https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-02-0...r-5210220.html

https://www.letelegramme.fr/finister...9-12254860.php

Aprs avoir confirm la suspension de la ligne la fin du mois doctobre, Air France annonait il y a quelques jours une anticipation de la suspension de la ligne au 2 septembre, en raison des travaux programms ds la fin de lt sur les pistes dOrly, deux mois avant la prise en charge de la desserte par lobligation de service public.

Last edited by AlvinMaker; Apr 27, 2019 at 3:50 pm
AlvinMaker is offline  
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:42 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
It's not so much off-topic :-) the route is supposed to be suspended after this date anyway:
https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-02-0...r-5210220.html
https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne...uimper-6289539

thanks for sharing.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:19 am
  #40  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong, France
Programs: FB , BA Gold
Posts: 15,678
Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
It's not so much off-topic :-) the route will be suspended after this date anyway, although it may be restarted through a public service delegation contract from Nov 1st:

https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-02-0...r-5210220.html

https://www.letelegramme.fr/finister...9-12254860.php
Flights suspended because works at Orly?
brunos is offline  
Old May 13, 2019, 4:10 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA/SXB
Programs: FB Gold
Posts: 2,082
Not a new route, but I noticed that AF is keeping the "later" CDG-IAD flight AF26/27 during the winter season this coming year on a 4x/week basis. I know currently and last winter it was just the earlier AF54/55 daily.

AF26/27 looks to remain the 772 thru Oct, and then it's showing a A330 from Nov onwards.......perhaps with the cabin refurbishment as the J seatmap shows rows 1-6 (36 seats).
mlin32 is online now  
Old May 13, 2019, 7:17 am
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by mlin32
Not a new route, but I noticed that AF is keeping the "later" CDG-IAD flight AF26/27 during the winter season this coming year on a 4x/week basis. I know currently and last winter it was just the earlier AF54/55 daily.

AF26/27 looks to remain the 772 thru Oct, and then it's showing a A330 from Nov onwards.......perhaps with the cabin refurbishment as the J seatmap shows rows 1-6 (36 seats).
yes, this is confirmed :
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-10may19/

Paris CDG Washington Dulles eff 27OCT19 Service increases from 7 to 11 weekly during winter season, AF026/027 operated by A330-200 4 times a week
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 13, 2019, 7:19 am
  #43  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by Goldorak
SEZ (Joon) will be suspended between 14 May and 26 October. Clients having already booked on this service will be rebooked on AF or KL to NBO then on KQ for NBO-SEZ. Pax booked in W will travel in Y for the NBO-SEZ sector.
SEZ is back from 27/10, and of course AF mainline (not Joon)
Paris CDG Mahe Island (Seychelles) eff 27OCT19 Seasonal service operated by A330-200, replacing A340-300. 3 weekly flights
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-10may19/
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 16, 2019, 1:33 pm
  #44  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Start of UIO route has been postponed from May14 to May 23. Seems weird to announce that at the last minute. As it was supposed to be a Joon route, I wonder if this is linked to the immobilisation of the A340 who flown AF218 to BOM on May 8 and went tech, diverted to Ispahan (Iran) and to DWC before being ferried back to CDG.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 16, 2019, 1:37 pm
  #45  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
AF is axing PMI from Nov 2, 2019 (AF1658 CDG-PMI & AF1659 PMI-CDG)
Pax will be rebooked on:
-CDG-BCN/BCN-CDG : flights operated by AF
-BCN-PMI/PMI-BCN : flights operated by UX
Goldorak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.