Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
This wikipost presents an updated summary of AF plans for retrofitting the long-haul fleet with new J (and W) seats. For more details, please refer to the thread below

Last update on 23 APR 2024

B772
21 planes. All B772 are already retrofitted with the BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat). A refit programme is underway to standardise the 772 fleet with a 28J 32W 268M configuration, with refits expected to be complete before summer 2024.
- Seating config 1: C28W32Y268
- Seating config 2: C28W24Y260
- Seating config 3: C40W32Y216

B77W
Version with P (19 planes out of 43 77W): 19/19 completed (F-GSQA, F-GSQB, F-GSQC, F-GSQF, F-GSQG, F-GSQH, F-GSQI, F-GSQJ, F-GSQK, F-GSQL, F-GSQM, F-GSQU, F-GSQV, F-GSQY, F-GZNA, F-GZNB, F-GZNC, F-GZND, and F-GZNE)
- They are already all retrofitted with the BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat).
- Seating config: F4C58W28Y206

COI version (14J) (12 planes out of 43 B77W): all retrofitted (F-GSQO, F-GSQP, F-GSQT, F-GSQX, F-GZNG. F-GSQS, F-GZNF, F-GSQR, F-GSQN, F-GZNO, F-GZNL and F-GZNN).
- The J seat is Zodiac Optima (same as chosen for the A350), similar to the UA Polaris seat. The config is 1-2-1 and total 14J.
- The W seat is the same as in the B789.
- Seating config: C14W32Y422

Remaining 77W (the 12 planes in NEV4 "loisirs" config (42J)): 10/12 completed (F-GZNK, F-GZNP, F-GZNQ, F-GZNS, F-GZNT, F-GZNI, F-GZNR, F-GZNU, F-GZNJ, and F-GZNH)
- The new seat will be a slightly improved version of the BEST seat, with a door for privacy.
- Retrofits started in March 2022 and were projected to finish by the end of 2023, but they are late.
- Aircraft in retrofit: F-GSQD (arrived @ ORY 28 Feb), F-GSQE (arrived @ ORY 19 Apr)
- Seating config: C48W48Y273
- Old config: C42W24Y315

B789
- Direct deliveries with BEST cabins (Zodiac Cirrus seat, slightly smaller than the 777 one, due to fuselage width limitation).
- Ten planes have been delivered to AF (F-HRBA to F-HRBJ).
- AF initially ordered 15 B789, with the remaining to go to KL.
- Seating config: C30W21Y228

A332
- 15 planes. Retrofitted in 2-2-2 with the Stelia Equinoxe seat. A similar seat can be seen in the UX B787. Also, the W seats are the same as the B789.
- More info on A332 retrofit can be found in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-retrofit.html
- Since October 2020, all aircraft have the new cabin.
- Seating config: C36W21Y167

A343
Update 01/2020: Only 4 planes remaining (in Joon livery & interiors : F-GLZK/N/O/P). They will leave the fleet between 03/3020 and end 2021.
All retired per ch-aviation.

A359
- Overall, AF will have 38 A359. 22 planes have been delivered as of 22/09/2023:
First batch (20): F-HTYA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R/S/T
- Direct delivery with Zodiac Optima, similar to UA Polaris seat (see above B777 COI). Config 1-2-1.
- The W seat is a Recaro recliner seat.
- All the A359 ordered for both AF & KL are finally going to AF (while KL will receive all the B789 remaining to be delivered on the AF sub-order).
- As per an information post by frausflyer , the 20th A350 (likely F-HTYT) to be delivered to AF will have a P cabin. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33283076-post467.html. However, this eventually did not happen, and F-HTYT has the same cabin as the 19 aircraft that preceded it.
- Seating config: C34W24Y266

Second batch (7/18): F-HUVA/B/C/D/E/F/G
- The 21st A359 (F-HUVA) has the new 48J cabin with small differences compared to the B77W one. According to Aerolopa, it and 17 A350s to follow will not have P.
- Seating config: C48W32Y212

A388
All A380 will leave the fleet by 2022 and so, will not be retrofitted with new seats. F-HPJB is the 1st to leave the fleet : it has been returned to the lessor in January 2020.
All retired June 26 2020 due to COVID-19.

Print Wikipost

updated information about new J seats deployments and other information

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by precielous
Isn't SFO-CDG one of the more premium routes? Then I am sure AF would like to have P available. And we don't know when (or if?) they will get to retrofitting BEST with the newer cabin, right?
Yes i understand it needs to have a La Premiere equipped cabin... I have flown this flight 3-4 times a year for many years.. the cabin and seats are definitely worn and dated (in the BEST) configuration... Just looking for a refreshed/updated cabin if not a newer plane all together.
I come back to it because the menu/wine and service (most of the time) is top notch.
Old May 12, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
So I got to finally try the new J cabin on a flight to ICN (believe it or not but miraculously the new cabin held since my booking last June 2022 )
I chose seat 1L and the difference with other rows is really huge, I really enjoyed the experience !
Some few notes:
- The service starts from the back on this cabin ( for the first business cabin from row 7). So seat 1 L has really very low traffic as all crew is between row 7 and 9.
- There is one toilet on the front (seems the other one was blocked for pilots use ? As I see 2 on Aerolopa's seat map).
- Screens look really small on rows 1-9 because the wall is so big at the front.
- Table is really small compared to other J cabins.
- I personally found the seat quite similar to BEST in terms of size/comfort, except the foot rest which is of course bigger on this row, although I ended up using a small space of it most of the time because I was watching the screen.
- The little door was quite nice to have for privacy although it can close quite hard if you don’t hold it yourself a little bit. I wonder how they hold with time because I don’t think everyone will care if they close hard or not.

Unfortunately on the way back the plane got changed to a B772 and I got quite an old seat with quite a lot of tears but the amazing service covered for it.

some photos below:

The first row (and row 9) are really much bigger than other ones. “Downside” is the screen looks really small on these rows.

I was really surprised by the size of the table, it is really really small, once the tray is there you can put anything else. Even the purser I got was very surprised by the small size( it was her first flight on this cabin)

Last edited by newflyer27; May 12, 2023 at 4:13 am Reason: Edit
Old May 20, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Some ADS-B pings of F-GZNU at ORY today. Maybe a week to go?
Goldorak and newflyer27 like this.
Old May 20, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson Gold; Aeroplan 35K
If the currently observed patterns hold, then F-GZNU should finish early June (around June 6-ish). Even better if they finish that one off earlier for sure.
Old May 24, 2023, 4:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
ADS-B pings from F-GZNR.
Old May 25, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Really weird thing happened to me in regard of choosing a seat today: Flying on AF264 CDG-ICN on the 27.5. (still new business class showing up, lets pray...). Some hours ago, finally seats 9L and 9A were possible to select, (around T-54 hours). So I choose them and it immediately got confirmed. If I am checking the seat map on expertflyer now, our original seats 2A and 3A became available (3A not anymore, as someone else has selected it in the meantime) while 9A and 9L are now occupied. All good so far.

However, if I log in to my booking again, it still shows 2A and 3A as our seats and 9A and 9L as occupied. Shortly called AF to ask and they told me that we are having confirmed seats in 9A and 9L.

If I am trying a new "dummy booking", I could even select our "old" seats 2A. Could this have something to do with the fact that 9A and 9L are bassinet seats? I am fine with both 2A/3A as well as 9A and 9L, but I would really not like to get some other seats when checking in....

Anyone has ever seen something similar on AF?
Old May 25, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Yes it’s a common bug.
You should be fine and see your new seats in the BP after OLCI.
Swissairasia likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Thank you maalloc So will I be able to see the "new" seats only after OLCI in the boarding pass (like "accepting" seat 3A and then only in the boarding pass, the correct 9A will appear) or already during the online check-in process when I will iniatiate the OLCI?

Sorry, I am not often flying with AF/KL so a lot of newbie questions
Old May 25, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
IIRC you should see the new seat during OLCI.
I would not touch anything in the meantime.

On the flip side, there’s also the « disappearing seatmap » bug running around these days, so you might well be protected from touching seat assignments for your own good
Swissairasia likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:18 am

Came back to Canada last night. I was on the CDG-YUL route. Thankfully, I avoided getting NEV4'd. (First, HND and NRT were the unfortunate ones to win the "lotteries"; second, when I asked a CDG staff how many people are boarding, I was told ~450. I knew there could be only one possible 777 configuration that can accommodate that many people! So Montréal is a very popular touristy destination for French people, it seems.)

One thing that caught me surprised was the colour configuration. I knew the seat was like that of A359, so I expected a white/grey colour combination I saw online. Was pleasantly surprised that it was the A359-type seat but with dark blue and white, which I personally like more (France flag, Air France colours, etc). Now I wonder if this partiulcar colour configuration is used across all B777 COI.

The tail number for my flight was F-GSQS. Spotty wifi on this aircraft, btw.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:13 am

Talking

Originally Posted by hhdl
ADS-B pings from F-GZNR.
F-GZNR now scheduled to fly to CDG this afternoon!
hhdl and precielous like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:17 am

F-GSQD is coming back from SIN @ 22:21 CEST. Maybe the next day, F-GSQD will go into retrofit?
hhdl and Fozzie like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: AA platinum, SPG Gold
Air France new business seats

Flying early July 30 JFK-CDG flight AF007:at 18:30 and returning CDG-JFK AF010 on august 5 at 16:30. How can I tell if these flights have the new business class cabins? I believe rollout was to begin on this route. I found the sticky confusing to understand!

Last edited by whenzuc; May 30, 2023 at 1:03 pm
Old May 30, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You could go to the Air France forum, and you could consult the sticky thread there.
Adam1222 and hhdl like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:04 am

F-GZNR, welcome back to CDG!
Goldorak and Maipenrai like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.