Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Criticism of La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
And my dear Goldorak, even after a full-ish lounge experience, you still managed a four course meal onboard! Respect to you! ^ ^
In fact, I had a full lunch in the lounge and just a few canapés/dry sausage around 7 pm. So I didn't have dinner in the lounge. But I was not very hungry on-board, hence the light version (fish soup, soup, sorbet).

Originally Posted by SFO777
What's with the disposable aluminum ramekins?? Not very P like.
One was maple syrup and the other one was fruit compote. The whole thing was quite good, but yes, I agree that the presentation could be better.

Originally Posted by Pdstahl
From the recent trip report it looks as if there is a new amenity kit. A black leather foldover type kit.
Can you confirm?
That's not the current one. You can see the current kit in my review (post #324, page 16 of the thread). It's nice looking but I don't like it because, once you detached the ribbon, it's very inconvenient as it is about 50 cm long. The FA told me they are going to change soon (january I think).
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That's not the current one. You can see the current kit in my review (post #324 , page 16 of the thread). It's nice looking but I don't like it because, once you detached the ribbon, it's very inconvenient as it is about 50 cm long. The FA told me they are going to change soon (january I think).
Mrs Rosensfole was rather disappointed with the new design. I was disappointed because I liked the previous boxes and wanted one for storing bits/bobs.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
In fact, I had a full lunch in the lounge and just a few canapés/dry sausage around 7 pm. So I didn't have dinner in the lounge. But I was not very hungry on-board, hence the light version (fish soup, soup, sorbet).
And a nice looking cheese-plate, petit cachotier!

And very right you were too! Those things are meant to be enjoyed!!!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
And a nice looking cheese-plate, petit cachotier!

And very right you were too! Those things are meant to be enjoyed!!!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Great pics and reviews Goldorak. Always a pleasure to see.

My last P flight was a few weeks ago but I'm already thinking about when I'll book the next one

I do not like the new amenity kits. The material is fantastic and the design is beautiful, but it's just not practical to use to carry anything and is annoying to wrap back and forth haha. I didn't like the older kit either because I prefer soft pouches that are more flexible instead of the rigid body of the slide-in/slide-out case. Looking forward to the next amenity kit. I have some LX/LH/AC J flights in the next few months so I'll have to wait until I can fly AF P again. My next EU trip is probably BCN in March so hopefully I can see some of you in the CDG lounge.

In terms of constructive criticism, I only had two:

1. All my crews have been fantastic, but I remember one FA who's English was not great and she didn't talk to me as much as some of the other pax who did speak French. Totally fine since I know very little French, but my other flights have been great because the FAs are really smart and interesting and cool to talk to.

2. The A380 hard product is so much worse than the 777. As a standalone I think the A380 is pretty good, especially seat 1A or 3K, but after flying 77W it just seems like a tier below. I don't think I've ever seen a seat as wonderful as the 77W seat. I wish they'd retrofit the A380 seats asap.

Lastly, my friends sometimes ask why to go for P over a J fare. I think on many airlines, even top ones like LX or JL, I'm almost as happy in J as in F because I feel their F experience is just better seats/food and more personal service. LX does have a fantastic lounge too with great food and views. But AF La Premiere is just another tier. I've flown Ex-CDG and Ex-SFO and both times the ground experience was just so mesmerizing. They made me feel like I was the most important person in the world and that they really valued having me there. I remember visiting the P lounge and having people recognize me from four months ago. It feels like a small family that runs the P service and everyone wants to make you feel great. Now obviously nobody "needs" that, but that's why I like flying P - I feel like a rockstar.

Last edited by Rowyourboat; Nov 14, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
Great pics and reviews Goldorak. Always a pleasure to see.

My last P flight was a few weeks ago but I'm already thinking about when I'll book the next one

I do not like the new amenity kits. The material is fantastic and the design is beautiful, but it's just not practical to use to carry anything and is annoying to wrap back and forth haha. I didn't like the older kit either because I prefer soft pouches that are more flexible instead of the rigid body of the slide-in/slide-out case. Looking forward to the next amenity kit. I have some LX/LH/AC J flights in the next few months so I'll have to wait until I can fly AF P again. My next EU trip is probably BCN in March so hopefully I can see some of you in the CDG lounge.

In terms of constructive criticism, I only had two:

1. All my crews have been fantastic, but I remember one FA who's English was not great and she didn't talk to me as much as some of the other pax who did speak French. Totally fine since I know very little French, but my other flights have been great because the FAs are really smart and interesting and cool to talk to.

2. The A380 hard product is so much worse than the 777. As a standalone I think the A380 is pretty good, especially seat 1A or 3K, but after flying 77W it just seems like a tier below. I don't think I've ever seen a seat as wonderful as the 77W seat. I wish they'd retrofit the A380 seats asap.

Lastly, my friends sometimes ask why to go for P over a J fare. I think on many airlines, even top ones like LX or JL, I'm almost as happy in J as in F because I feel their F experience is just better seats/food and more personal service. LX does have a fantastic lounge too with great food and views. But AF La Premiere is just another tier. I've flown Ex-CDG and Ex-SFO and both times the ground experience was just so mesmerizing. They made me feel like I was the most important person in the world and that they really valued having me there. I remember visiting the P lounge and having people recognize me from four months ago. It feels like a small family that runs the P service and everyone wants to make you feel great. Now obviously nobody "needs" that, but that's why I like flying P - I feel like a rockstar.
I could not agree more with you. Very good summary.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:01 am

Question: I read somewhere that for a few months now, they have new La Première branded metal luggage name tags. Did anyone score one of those?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taittinger comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blanc 2006
Price-wise, that's a bit of a step down from what they normally serve, no?
This has been showing up on some of Cathay's routes and a few people were all up at arms for not getting their usual Krug. (At least in my local liquor store the CdC 2006 was a little more expensive than the Krug NV) Of course price does not determine quality (but it may determine status!), and plenty of others were happy about that switch.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:10 am

I am disappointed as I found the most recent orange and blue hard cases to be very high quality and good looking.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Price-wise, that's a bit of a step down from what they normally serve, no?
This has been showing up on some of Cathay's routes and a few people were all up at arms for not getting their usual Krug. (At least in my local liquor store the CdC 2006 was a little more expensive than the Krug NV) Of course price does not determine quality (but it may determine status!), and plenty of others were happy about that switch.
Krug and Comtes de Champagne are roughly in the same price range. CdC depends on the vintage with some quite a lot more expensive. That said, I personally prefer CdC to Krug by quite a margin (everyone to their own of course). Price wise it is probably also comparable to Dom Perignon (which I do not like) though cheaper than Cristal (which I like), and even more so than Salon (which only JL serve AFAIK).
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Klems
Question: I read somewhere that for a few months now, they have new La Première branded metal luggage name tags. Did anyone score one of those?
I have one that I was given last year I think.

rosensfole likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:05 pm

Nice. Want!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Did a truck run over it?
How did you (and how do we) get the LP tag?

Originally Posted by rosensfole
Nice. Want!
Me too.
Yahtzee likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:27 pm

I'm thinking about a HKG rt in La Première in the New Year , I might ask about these when I book the flights. Million to one chance but as Terry Pratchett wrote "Million to one chances happen 9 times out of 10."
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Did a truck run over it?
I was sure that someone would say something like that
It's just that I have this tag on a suitcase I have checked sometimes, and despite this tag being in metal and quite solid, it's been brutalized by the various airport bagage systems and bag handlers

How did you (and how do we) get the LP tag?
It was given at the P lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.