FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Fabo.sk Jul 12, 2021 2:56 am

Well here's to hoping 2 extra weeks is enough.

San Gottardo Jul 12, 2021 3:00 am

Come on.... if you were seriously thinking that this would open on the date announced, raise your hand. This is a construction project, planned by AF and ADP, and happening in France. Believing their timing projections is naive.

NickB Jul 12, 2021 3:05 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 33400092)
...and happening in France...

Yes. The idea that an airport-related constructed project could be late by a few days would be utterly unthinkable in a more serious and reliable country like, say,.. umm... Germany.... ;)

NickB Jul 12, 2021 3:09 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 33384796)
Should you have checked-in luggage, you can be a few minutes late for your Schengen flight without being kicked out :D. You got to do what you got to do to be a FlyerTalk reporter!

(disclaimer: don't do this at home. suggestion is for entertainment purposes only. always be present at the gate before boarding starts)

Phew... I have had a narrow escape. I can now try and catch my connecting flight on the 14th without having to hang my head in shame in letting this community down... :)

maalloc Jul 12, 2021 3:59 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 33400102)
Phew... I have had a narrow escape. I can now try and catch my connecting flight on the 14th without having to hang my head in shame in letting this community down... :)

:D Peer pressure at its finest!

Don't worry, I'll transit in 2F on 20th so I can take up your torch and send pictures then for sure. Oh, wait...

San Gottardo Jul 12, 2021 4:56 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 33400096)
Yes. The idea that an airport-related constructed project could be late by a few days would be utterly unthinkable in a more serious and reliable country like, say,.. umm... Germany.... ;)

So? Because an airport project in Germany is a total clusterf**k we should have believed the timeline given by ADP and AF?

NickB Jul 12, 2021 5:21 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 33400233)
So? Because an airport project in Germany is a total clusterf**k we should have believed the timeline given by ADP and AF?

I have the feeling that you did not quite get the spirit of my post and noticed the smiley.

Fabo.sk Jul 12, 2021 5:40 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 33400092)
Come on.... if you were seriously thinking that this would open on the date announced, raise your hand. This is a construction project, planned by AF and ADP, and happening in France. Believing their timing projections is naive.

Well, the original timing was for the lounge to open in 2020, so....

NickB maalloc I'm there 28th, so if we can find someone departing/transiting on 4th and 11th, 4 weeks of delays will have been covered... maybe that will be enough :D

Bullspread Jul 12, 2021 8:21 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 33400233)

and even if this lounge will open soon, I strongly believe that it will be a soft opening with some areas still in construction/finalization ; the same for some clients services .

Bullspread Jul 12, 2021 8:26 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 33383372)
The non-Schengen area lounge (Cezanne lounge) was not available when flying BA last Saturday even though the MRS website says it is open. A fortiori, if they say the other one is closed...

MRS lounge is indeed still closed.
The MRS Hall B where AF operates needs to be refresh . I personally really dislike this airport.

Slc2012 Jul 14, 2021 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Slc2012 (Post 33391519)
I have a stop on the 14th July at 08.30am at the 2F terminal. I will try to visit it if my flight is not delayed.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b61af730f.jpeg

I confirmed new lounge was still closed as discussed on the previous posts this morning. ☹️ No new opennning date confirmed until now. Some AF staff were talking that the new lounge will not open before the 22nd of July.
Below, you can find a picture which you can find inside the actual 2F lounge, with the new information concerning the new lounge.
I notice also that they already start to remove some glasses, coffee cups...on the existing lounge on the ground level (level -1).
Today, it was possible to serve yourself at the buffet (COVID is finished ???)
On the short flight, the cake is back.😃

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f333af763.jpeg

maalloc Jul 14, 2021 1:18 am

Thanks for the report.
I'm surprised you could help yourself at the buffet. Did it seem like the new norm (ie no more staff-area, signs, etc) or just a temporary lack of workers that left the buffet unattended?

Slc2012 Jul 14, 2021 1:24 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 33406058)
Thanks for the report.
I'm surprised you could help yourself at the buffet. Did it seem like the new norm (ie no more staff-area, signs, etc) or just a temporary lack of workers that left the buffet unattended?

I asked before and the staff confirmed that you can serve yourself now. I was surprised also.

maalloc Jul 14, 2021 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Slc2012 (Post 33406069)
I asked before and the staff confirmed that you can serve yourself now. I was surprised also.

A true July 14th revolution :D

Uncle Lars Jul 14, 2021 11:37 am

Hope this is an OK post for this forum. Flying Business on AF from LAX to CDG next month. Can I expect to be lounge-less excepting the Delta Skyclub in T2 or Priority Pass access to the Alaska Lounge in T6? Thank you for any information!