Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF to discontinue Premium Economy on medium haul flights + other "improvements"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF to discontinue Premium Economy on medium haul flights + other "improvements"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I agree. You booked to be "in front of the curtain" in the part of the cabin that has a meal and you find yourself behind the curtain in the part that doesn't. I'd stick to my guns really.
Right. But if you are connecting to a long-haul flight with a seat in W, I do not know of it would work as the most significant segment would be in W. It is a tight one...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olivedel
Right. But if you are connecting to a long-haul flight with a seat in W, I do not know of it would work as the most significant segment would be in W. It is a tight one...
So what? If you are downgraded on any segment, you are downgraded and entitled to downgrade compensation under Reg 261/2004 as long as the segment concerned is covered by Reg 261/2004, which CDG-IST clearly is. The only issue is the amount of compensation, namely whether there should be pro-rating or not. I can see arguments on both side on this. On whether there should be compensation (as distinct from determining the precise amount of that compensation), OTOH, this strikes me as an open-and-shut-book case.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Has anyone else filed an EC261 downgrade claim, or am I going to be the guinea pig?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:02 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
A321s have been or are being retrofitted with the new leather seats, contrary to what was planned initially, and - this is the best part - USB ports have been installed in the seat armrests. Hopefully they will eventually install USB ports in the rest of the medium haul fleet.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by tff
A321s have been or are being retrofitted with the new leather seats, contrary to what was planned initially, and - this is the best part - USB ports have been installed in the seat armrests. Hopefully they will eventually install USB ports in the rest of the medium haul fleet.
Great news ^

Has the reconfiguration of the A319 fleet already been finished, and where do they stand on the A320s?

I am writing this being on board an A318, which I know has not been scheduled to be refitted but which needs it most. These NEO seats are a bad joke (unfortunately, my usual flights from CDG to LIN, ZRH, GVA, MUC see a lot of the baby buses, so >80% of my AF shorthaul experience is on them)
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Great news ^

Has the reconfiguration of the A319 fleet already been finished, and where do they stand on the A320s?

I am writing this being on board an A318, which I know has not been scheduled to be refitted but which needs it most. These NEO seats are a bad joke (unfortunately, my usual flights from CDG to LIN, ZRH, GVA, MUC see a lot of the baby buses, so >80% of my AF shorthaul experience is on them)
the A319 and 320 are all done for a while and I believe the 321 are also all done. No decision taken yet for the 318 fleet unfortunately, but I have good hopes that they will retrofit them. Those Neo seats are really bad.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I assume that we are only talking about the "European" A319-321s. Not the domestic ones
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by brunos
I assume that we are only talking about the "European" A319-321s. Not the domestic ones
I assumed as much as well... although sometimes a "European" plane makes its way to the domestic network.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I assumed as much as well... although sometimes a "European" plane makes its way to the domestic network.
Yes, only the "European" ones.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't understand how they can have failed so badly with NEO. I had a few recent flights on NEO and EZY. Similar amount of space, but the shape of NEO is really awful (back hurts) and padding not good.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No decision taken yet for the 318 fleet unfortunately
From the last discussions I had with AF management, medium-haul A318 are still out of scope, with no plans to reintegrate them as of now.

Domestic A320 family is out of scope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.