Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY wet-leases AF 343

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's a good thing that Etihad is not a dry airline...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curiouser and curiouser...

Originally Posted by Business Traveller
Etihad unveils new Paris lounge

Etihad Airways has opened a new US$8 million lounge at Paris CDG’s Terminal 2, with features including shower facilities and an a la carte dining menu.

The carrier says the new lounge will meet “the surging passenger numbers on Etihad Airways’ flights into and out of Paris, which have grown 55 per cent over the past 18 months”.
If Paris is so important, I wonder why they decided to take one of their own planes off the route, when instead they could have got this AF arrangement as an extra, third [perhaps not daily] flight instead?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The desert is not dry?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
The desert is not dry?
On board it's not dry. They can even slake your thirst with some French beverages - and I don't mean Evian!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
Originally Posted by ulxima
Perhaps they are going to join Flying Blue too in the long term...

Ulxima
No, usually EY doesn't simply join, EY buys
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On board it's not dry. They can even slake your thirst with some French beverages - and I don't mean Evian!
com' on' irishman. I was trying to imitate the humor of your brilliant post. But I failed.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Curiouser and curiouser...

If Paris is so important, I wonder why they decided to take one of their own planes off the route, when instead they could have got this AF arrangement as an extra, third [perhaps not daily] flight instead?
I can see two reasons.
1. They desperately need planes to pursue their expansion. They had 41 787s on order and the continued delays must be devastating. They are crying for good planes.
2. AF pressured them because they don't know anything profitable to do with this plane and crew.

Note that an A340 is not the most efficient plane on such a short distance.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
I can see two reasons.
1. They desperately need planes to pursue their expansion. They had 41 787s on order and the continued delays must be devastating. They are crying for good planes.
2. AF pressured them because they don't know anything profitable to do with this plane and crew.

Note that an A340 is not the most efficient plane on such a short distance.
I very much suspect you are right on explaination no1. I don't think EY are the sort of people who let themselves be pressurised into much
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I very much suspect you are right on explaination no1. I don't think EY are the sort of people who let themselves be pressurised into much
Agreed. I think the rapport-de-force is one where EY can pressurize AF, not the other way around. Surely AF must have some influence and power of nuisance in the French market (which EY wants), but other than that EY brings and will in the future potentially bring even more to AF. Especially if it's money, without which AF will have no other choice to scrape by (limited money for new investments)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.