Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from 2G to 2E terminal at CDG - One hour enough?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It's very tight but feasible if your incoming flight is on-time. Keep in mind that there is only one daily flight CDG-NAP. In case of mis-connection, they will likely re-route you on CDG-LIN or FCO and then to NAP on AZ.
If I'm not mistaken CDG-NAP is twice daily (one morning and one around lunchtime I think). But indeed, if you miss both, you'd likely be rerouted either via NCE (AF-AF) or via LIN/FCO/VCE/TRN (AF-AZ)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:29 am

Question

Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance but we won't have to pick up our bags, clear customs then recheck our bags like when we fly into the USA?

If all we have to do is go thru security and hit the gate, it might be possible.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by NebulaTig
Thanks.

Forgive my ignorance but we won't have to pick up our bags, clear customs then recheck our bags like when we fly into the USA?

If all we have to do is go thru security and hit the gate, it might be possible.
You have to pass immigration into Schengen and re-check security, but no bags to be claimed (customs is done in NAP). 1h is tight, but doable.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
If I'm not mistaken CDG-NAP is twice daily (one morning and one around lunchtime I think).
You are correct. Sorry ! But the 2nd flight is maybe not daily, or year-round, because I've been there in may and I'm pretty sure there was only one daily at that time.

Originally Posted by NebulaTig

No. Your bags will be checked through NAP. Arriving from Canada in CDG, you will clear immigration and will go through security. You will collect bags in NAP and clear customs there.
On your return, same for the bags (no need to collect in CDG). In CDG, you'll just have to clear immigration (no security).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You are correct. Sorry ! But the 2nd flight is maybe not daily, or year-round, because I've been there in may and I'm pretty sure there was only one daily at that time.
Very possible, I couldn't tell you as I only knew because of flights I looked for during the summer period so it may not be all year round (I do think it was every or at least most days on the period I looked at though)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, VS, BA, UMP
I just made this transfer last week when flying ZRH-CDG-HKG, and took an airside bus connection in both directions.

The AF staff at ZRH didn't know this, and had told me to take the public shuttle bus between terminal 2G and 2E.

For the outward journey (leaving Schengen), the outward-bound passport control takes place just before you wait for the bus at 2G, and there is no security check.

On the way back, we went through security just after exiting the plane, then
waited for at least 20 minutes for the shuttle bus to 2G. There were both blue and yellow shuttle buses going round, but everyone was waiting for the yellow one, which goes to 2G. When you arrive at 2G, you go through passport control there and then straight to the gate / departure lounge.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by Scrim
(...) The AF staff at ZRH didn't know this, and had told me to take the public shuttle bus between terminal 2G and 2E. (...)
Quite a bad advice indeed, since there is no land side shuttle between 2G and 2E any more.

Only between 2G and 2F. Then one has to walk across to 2E.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
Originally Posted by Scrim
I just made this transfer last week when flying ZRH-CDG-HKG, and took an airside bus connection in both directions.
"Airside bus connection"?
Since years I struggled to get my connection via landside bus.
Where does the airside bus leave from G (in my case to D)?
Unfirtunately this might reduce my stress but not enhance the chances for my luggage.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, VS, BA, UMP
Originally Posted by PaxCGN
"Airside bus connection"?
Since years I struggled to get my connection via landside bus.
Where does the airside bus leave from G (in my case to D)?
Unfirtunately this might reduce my stress but not enhance the chances for my luggage.
From what I saw recently, it appears that the yellow airside shuttle from 2G only goes to 2E, and not to the other parts of 2. There is also a blue airside shuttle going between the various parts 2A,2C,2E and 2F but it doesn't go to 2G.

I took some pictures of the signs (and the in-flight magazine, which doesn't quite match) and will post them here once I find somewhere to upload them.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:02 am

thank you everyone for this discussion! i had similar questions and they have all been answered here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.