Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from 2G to 2E terminal at CDG - One hour enough?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Transfer from 2G to 2E terminal at CDG - One hour enough?

Hi.

I'm traveling from Oslo to Montreal with a transit in Paris, and since I've never been to that airport before, I would like some information.

12:45 Oslo Airport (OSL) - 15:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2G (Flying with AirFrance)

16:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2E - 17:20 Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport (YUL) (Also a flight with AirFrance)

Now that's only one hour, do you think I would make it?

Would I have to go through security all over again?, Would we have to go through passport control, etc? (have dual citizenship, so would show them my EU-passport in the event of a passport control).

Also, if for some reason the flight from Oslo was delayed, is AirFrance obligated to book us new tickets?

Thanks for any input
Old May 14, 2011, 11:55 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
1 hour is do-able from 2g to 2e.
However just try not too lose any time and tell the hostesses you have a tight connection.

You have to catch a bus from 2g to 2e.
There you will have a passport control as you're leaving the shengen area, as well as security as you leave the secured zones to change terminals.

If you could get a flight earlier it would be better.

If you miss the connection because of a delay of your first flight, and you're on only one ticket (i.e. not separate bookings for OSL-CDG and CDG-YUL), AF wll have to rebook you.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Confirmation of the above answers ^.

Originally Posted by JustIM
Hi.
I'm traveling from Oslo to Montreal with a transit in Paris, and since I've never been to that airport before, I would like some information.

12:45 Oslo Airport (OSL) - 15:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2G (Flying with Air France)

16:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2E - 17:20 Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport (YUL) (Also a flight with Air France)

Short but doable. You need to take the airside shuttle from 2G to 2E's two boarding areas (S3 - gates E51 through 76 - and 2E's main boarding area - gates E21 through E47).

Would I have to go through security all over again?
You need to go through security after leaving the bus, when entering your boarding area.

Would we have to go through passport control, etc? (have dual citizenship, so would show them my EU-passport in the event of a passport control)
You need to go through passport control in 2G as you are exiting the Schengen area, before boarding the bus.

Also, if for some reason the flight from Oslo was delayed, is Air France obligated to book us new tickets?
If you are travelling on a single ticket from Oslo to Montral and you miss your connection, Air France has to and will rebook you on a another flight
Thanks for any input
Enjoy your flights .

Last edited by JOUY31; May 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Old May 14, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
just be careful when arriving in 2G to take the airside bus to 2E and do NOT follow the exit signs.
Old May 14, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by JOUY31
You need to go through security after leaving the bus, when entering your boarding area.
Are you sure about this? The last time I used the 2G-2E airside shuttle a couple of weeks ago (on my way to IAD) there was a passport control but NO extra security. Or is this different for flights to Canada (I left the bus at the 1st exit).
Old May 14, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AF
Originally Posted by cygnus
Are you sure about this? The last time I used the 2G-2E airside shuttle a couple of weeks ago (on my way to IAD) there was a passport control but NO extra security. Or is this different for flights to Canada (I left the bus at the 1st exit).
You're correct. Just passport control before the airside bus, but no security control. The OP only has to do both if they mistakenly go outside and take the public zone N2....
Old May 14, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: AF
Originally Posted by JustIM
Hi.

12:45 Oslo Airport (OSL) - 15:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2G (Flying with AirFrance)

16:10 Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) | Terminal 2E - 17:20 Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport (YUL) (Also a flight with AirFrance)

Would I have to go through security all over again?, Would we have to go through passport control, etc? (have dual citizenship, so would show them my EU-passport in the event of a passport control).

Also, if for some reason the flight from Oslo was delayed, is AirFrance obligated to book us new tickets?

Thanks for any input
Just make sure that they have you checked-in for YUL in Oslo because check-in cuts off an hour before in Paris (1) you need your onward boarding card at passport control and (2) if you wind up at a CDG transfer desk less than an hour before and not checked in, they might not take you.
Old May 14, 2011, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by cygnus
Then I stand corrected and my thanks for the correction . It's been a few months since I last took an airside transfer to 2E and I have always had to go through security. It is a nice improvement, as CDG is rolling out IFU (Inspection Filtrage Unique), gradually removing security checks for connecting passengers.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies! Really appreciate it
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:46 pm

Hello.
I've never had a 1 stop filght before and now I have some question, because I just have 1:30 for connecting.

So how do I get from 2G to S3? Is there a Bus station and which bus should I take to avoid the security? I think 1:30 should be alright, but I am not very sure.

I'm flying with the A380 ( ) to IAD and I believe it wil be S3.

Thank you for any replies.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
As posted above, take the airside shuttle bus from 2G to 2E; don't exit terminal 2G! Just follow the signs for terminal 2E. You have to pass passport control there in terminal 2G before boarding the bus, then about 12 minutes driving (S3 is the first stop, but check your gate in the waiting area before boarding the bus) and no security control anymore in 2E, that's the good part of it. 90 minutes is plenty of time, don't worry. My last connection was 45 minutes and I made it (just in time).
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:14 am

Thank you so much! It really helped. Now I'm able to transfer relaxed.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:07 pm

I've done the connection between 2G and 2E in twenty Minutes. So, everyone else should make it also in about twenty Minutes.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by Klner
I've done the connection between 2G and 2E in twenty Minutes. So, everyone else should make it also in about twenty Minutes.
I would rather count 25-30 minutes as buses only run about every 10 minutes and the bus ride from 2G to 2E main terminal takes about 17 minutes.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
this was the perfect thread for my answer. Thanks for all these great replies. Its good to know that you go through customs in 2G and not the main customs in 2E as well as not having to deal with security. That should make for a seamless transfer between 2G and 2E. I might actually like CDG after my July 19 transfer experience. I'm coming from PUF on the way to JFK.

Being that there is no added security checks, I guess anything bought in duty free in PUF wouldnt get taken from me in CDG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.