Wiki Posts
Search

l'Espace 127 is still alive!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
l'Espace 127 is still alive!

check here (in french, but most important is the picture...)
In the left corner, you can see a picture where it seems there is only § seats in l'Espace 127... very strange )
http://clicanoo.com/index.php?id_art...4&page=article
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Question

I don't understand your point. This is not an AF A380 but an Airbus A380. Yes the seats you see on one picture looks like the ex-AF espace 127 seats but here it's not AF
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

You're right, the product "Espace 127" is not alive.
But I find a bit strange that a company who whants to make the promotion of a brand new airplane (this plane is en route to DXB airshow) fits it with very old seats, no, with a mix of old seats...
Nothing to do with AF, just Airbus strategy.

And I need to say, I don't think those seats "looks like", I'm pretty sure they are ex-AF espace 127.
My post wasn't sarcastic. Maybe just a bit ironic....
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Originally Posted by AF680
You're right, the product "Espace 127" is not alive.
But I find a bit strange that a company who whants to make the promotion of a brand new airplane (this plane is en route to DXB airshow) fits it with very old seats, no, with a mix of old seats...
Nothing to do with AF, just Airbus strategy.
Even though this has nothing to do with AF, KL or FB, I 100% agree with you, that the interior looks very retro 80's IMO. What's even stranger is the mixture of seats you mention as well

One would think that Airbus would show their planes to the max of possibilities, unless they make changes at the actual air show!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 8:59 am
FTP

Programs: FBP/MMS/ECB - PCP/ACP/SPG
Airbus is not so stupid
It's all the contrary... they have just fitted the aircraft with some few of their customer Air Austral seats...
http://www.air-austral.com/votre-voy...-courrier.html

And they will most probably be removed before the DXB airshow.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTP
Airbus is not so stupid

I would be agree with you... but I can't.
If airbus is not stupid,...they are really not up to date. (it is not hot news !!! )
Because the seat you show is an old seat. Yes, it is fitted on 3 aircraft, but it is supposed to be changed to the new one, already fitted on the 2 brand new 77W, which is a lie-flat seat, and looks more like a SQ skybed than an ex-AF espace 127 seat ... (and is relatively similar to the new MK seat, Mauritius was the next stop for the 380)
http://www.air-austral.com/B777-300-visite-club.html

Unfortunately, I think this is more a "strategy" from airbus. "We don't have money, we have the most economical strategy you can find, and the lower price we can make for our customers..."
Is it the good way to make business or not, this is an other question.
But I'm not totally sure John Leahy choose is last business armchair from the Ikea catalogue...

OTOH Air Austral is not suposed to choose a business seat for "their" 380 (it is a bit more complicated), because they want to fit them with an exclusive coach configuration
(is it a good or a bad idea, this is another question...)

PS: we can ask ourselves why Air Austral advertise first on their older seats when you visit their website, and why you have to search to find picture of their newest one, it is not the usual strategy... , but I can't blame them)
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:39 am
FTP

Programs: FBP/MMS/ECB - PCP/ACP/SPG
Because the seat you show is an old seat. Yes, it is fitted on 3 aircraft, but it is supposed to be changed to the new one, already fitted on the 2 brand new 77W, which is a lie-flat seat, and looks more like a SQ skybed than an ex-AF espace 127 seat ... (and is relatively similar to the new MK seat, Mauritius was the next stop for the 380)
http://www.air-austral.com/B777-300-visite-club.html
I don't know why, but the new seat is quite new and perhaps Air Austral didn't have enough spare new seats to make some few rows in the A380.
It's "perhaps" as easy as that.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:49 am
Suspended

According to an Airbus official at the Hamburg facility, they use those seats, as every customer has different specs. They will not portray one sole companies "branding" idea regarding seating solutions.
Thats why they use some older seats.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
It makes sense. People won't have exceedingly optimistic expectations about the seating that way, and will be less disappointed when they see the actual product branded by their airline than they would have been if they had seen a specially optimized model (like the inflight bar and lounge area we had seen a few month/years ago on TV), as a proof of concept.

Pax may have a less than optimal view of Airbus as a result, but pax aren't EADS customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.