Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Here's the response I received. Let's keep the ball rolling on this folks if you're unhappy--write in.

Dear YQMer,

Thank you for your email. Customer feedback is a critical component in improving customer service, and we appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Please be assured your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate managers for their internal review.

YQMer, I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support to Air Canada. Your patronage is truly appreciated, and as a very frequent flyer, your suggestions and comments are extremely valuable to help enable us to monitor the quality of our products and services, along with those delivering them.

Thank you again for contacting our office. We wish you smooth future travels.

Best regards,
XXXX
Customer Relations
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sinalet
heard back from customer relations this morning. This response makes it sound permaenent instead of just a test (emphasis mine):
p
a
t
h
e
t
i
c

Nothing else but sheer lameness... lame duck patheticness.

DID I ALREADY SAY THAT THIS "ENHANCEMENT" IS PATHETIC?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Apparently not everyone is on the same page. Or are the "enhancements" just mainline? From yesterday's ACX...

AC 7784
YYZ-YUL
12:30A-1:45A (sked)
1:20A-2:28A (actual)
February 18, 2013

Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Apparently not everyone is on the same page. Or are the "enhancements" just mainline? From yesterday's ACX...

AC 7784
YYZ-YUL
12:30A-1:45A (sked)
1:20A-2:28A (actual)
February 18, 2013

weird, I've done 4 YYZ-LGA flights this month and 1 YUL-YYZ, and I've only gotten the "snack pack" - i'm pretty sure these were all mainline flights.

Is there a typo in the flight times? I assume you mean PM?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Is there a typo in the flight times? I assume you mean PM?
It's a night flight. On Sunday it even left YYZ after 4 am. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...530Z/CYYZ/CYUL
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: AC*SE
AC 7784 is an Air Canada Express flight (it's the last flight out of YYZ to YUL for the night a half past midnight). So yeah, as SFO777 points out this sounds like it's a mainline change that hasn't rippled down to AC Express yet. Sigh.

Last edited by sinalet; Feb 23, 2013 at 8:07 pm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:03 pm

New short haul service

Here is the new shorthaul service people have been talking about

Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:39 pm

Forgot to comment after my YYC-YVR flight a couple weeks back...

I had mixed feelings about the change. On the downside, it feels cheaper (and likely is for AC) and very UA/US-esque, which I despise. Also, while one could debate if all the snacks were 'unhealthy', there can be no debate on calories; all of the options provided are sky-high on calorie count. On the upside, I appreciate that they went with high quality brands/items and didn't just carry 9 items so there was selection for everyone. Also a plus, the clif bar I had was more than enough to sustain me until I got to my hotel in YVR for dinner, frankly probably better than a chicken skewer would have and definitely better than a cheese plate would have.

On the whole, I'd say I'm indifferent. I would mind the change back, but I also wouldn't mind it staying. But if it does say, they need to add some lower calorie options. Some simple fruits (apples/bananas/oranges/pears) would meet the need their for relatively low cost.

Side note: If you take a look in the AC investor website you'll seeing a November/December presentation from their CFO where cutting catering costs was noted as a 'to do' for 2013. Figured that it meant Y means on LH flights, can't believe he was actually referring to cutting J meals.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
You took four?! I've always restricted myself to 2 for fear of looking like a glutton!!!

Also, I think this pic is somewhat misleading without a half dozen liquor bottles cluttering your tray table
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yikes.

Originally Posted by rehoult
Side note: If you take a look in the AC investor website you'll seeing a November/December presentation from their CFO where cutting catering costs was noted as a 'to do' for 2013. Figured that it meant Y means on LH flights, can't believe he was actually referring to cutting J meals.
Yikes. That's not good. Air Canada's catering is already pretty awful. I just wish they would have someone like Do&Co come in and do it right.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
I haven't been on PD in a while, but is it fair to say that PD Y gets more/better food now than AC J short haul?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I remmeber the complaints last year about the "salad" or "cheese tray" in J on short hauls.......all of a sudden those don't look so bad. I also did not want to look like a glutton or pig but I can say I am taking a picture for feedback and take four!

The F/D appears less busy and board now that there is no meal on board! So far Ihave had the "snack pack" YOW-YYZ - YOW & YYC-YVR & YVR - YEG all in the past month.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC/SE, SPG, ICG
I've had the snack tray on four flights in the past month. Really disappointing. Did the customer feedback thing on the AC website, and got the same form response as everyone else. One SD did tell me that based on his experience, he thinks the old menu will be back in some form. He was getting a lot of questions and negative feedback about the lack of healthy options.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Anybody taken a short-haul flight in J yesterday or today? Still pre-packaged snacks or has AC come to it's senses and gone back to real food for March?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:09 am

What happens if you choose a special meal on these short haul flights? Would they honor it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.