Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summary of North America Executive class meal service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:23 pm

jan - u got quite a number of those "why are u taking photos of me" look from other passengers in your TR report
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
jan - u got quite a number of those "why are u taking photos of me" look from other passengers in your TR report
I think Jan learned a lesson or two from me ;P

Taking photos in an AC 77L flying YYZ-NRT is a no-no
Taking photos of YVR domestic showers is a no-no

But taking photos of other pax -- fair game
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
And from a pilot too!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by maradori
I think Jan learned a lesson or two from me ;P

Taking photos in an AC 77L flying YYZ-NRT is a no-no
Taking photos of YVR domestic showers is a no-no

But taking photos of other pax -- fair game
LOL!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:17 pm

i used to collect a little log given by CX where the pilot of each flight i am flying with will write the detail of each flight along with his/her signature....

ie. June 28, 1995 CX711 HKG-SIN Fin: C-KHSP Pilot Joe Kickass Signature etc etc....(just a sample)

picture of showers....great way to make.....p

the only pax i have pics of is my wife...... now what if u took a photo of joe?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Welcome to Flyertalk! Thanks for the feedback, not intended to be that way so let me follow up.

So I traveled from NRT to YVR today on flight 004 and made a point to observe the service to make sure I wasn't misremembering how the service went, and there was definitely no drinks service before dinner.

Nor was the video system turned on until cruising altitude, just that Welcome Aboard screen from boarding until well into the flight. Maybe 30 or 40 minutes after takeoff. And it didn't seem like there was a problem with the video system because the safety video worked just fine. Why can't this be consistent ?

I find flying domestically that I know what to expect and the service consistently friendly, but on overseas flights it's a crapshoot.

And what's with the male fa today wearing suspenders ( looked very odd ) and female fa's wearing sweaters and fleece hoodies from their own wardrobes. Looked very unprofessional. I NEVER see that on JAL or CATHAY. And would it have killed them to smile once in 9 hours ? Very mediocre flight today.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:46 pm

last time i took AC Jazz and the FA lady with high heel boots.... very trendy...but safety?

who am i to judge...since some suggested we should take our shirts off during our sleep in Executive First, if the temperature gets too hot
Old Jul 16, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC.SE
picture of showers....great way to make.....p
Great way to make what?!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ylwae
Great way to make what?!
food...... have to sayi am now very addicted to the chick pea salad! i wonder how much sodium is there in it?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
AC780 SAN-YYZ July 16

Pre-flight drinks offered (OJ and water)

Menu provided shortly after take-off, choices were omelette or french toast waffle

Not sure if they took orders by status, I know I was given the choice of an omelette by the time they took my order. This was OK because I felt like having an omelette. It's too bad I had the omelette though as it was terrible, probably the worst meal I've had in AC J in the past 2+ years. The omelette was luke warm at best when served and rather bland. The potatoes were cold and even worse (a bag of McCain frozen potatoes popped in the microwave would have been better) and the carrots were inedible (cold, mush and decorated with black spots); I almost forgot about the chicken sausage as I guess I tried to block it out of my mind ... again cold, and could have been made from mushed up cardboard (both in colour and taste). The only decent part of the meal was the fresh fruit (which was cool and fresh) and the buns (which were warm proving the oven was in working order).

I was not impressed with the fact that one of the FA's was eating a much better looking spinach omelette with decent looking sausages. This was followed up with a french toast waffle that they ran out of for pax!

Cookies and ice cream were served as we flew over Chicago...Cookies were warm and fresh and so was the ice cream -- it turns out we had a Haagen-dazs milk shake rather than ice cream.

Crew was attentive, coffee was kept warm and filled. Water and any other drinks were offered on a regular basis.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
Pre-flight drinks offered (OJ and water)

Menu provided shortly after take-off, choices were omelette or french toast waffle

Not sure if they took orders by status, I know I was given the choice of an omelette by the time they took my order. This was OK because I felt like having an omelette. It's too bad I had the omelette though as it was terrible, probably the worst meal I've had in AC J in the past 2+ years. The omelette was luke warm at best when served and rather bland. The potatoes were cold and even worse (a bag of McCain frozen potatoes popped in the microwave would have been better) and the carrots were inedible (cold, mush and decorated with black spots); I almost forgot about the chicken sausage as I guess I tried to block it out of my mind ... again cold, and could have been made from mushed up cardboard (both in colour and taste). The only decent part of the meal was the fresh fruit (which was cool and fresh) and the buns (which were warm proving the oven was in working order).

I was not impressed with the fact that one of the FA's was eating a much better looking spinach omelette with decent looking sausages. This was followed up with a french toast waffle that they ran out of for pax!

Cookies and ice cream were served as we flew over Chicago...Cookies were warm and fresh and so was the ice cream -- it turns out we had a Haagen-dazs milk shake rather than ice cream.

Crew was attentive, coffee was kept warm and filled. Water and any other drinks were offered on a regular basis.
It's been said many times that crew meals are separate from the pax meals so the french toast waffles were a part of the crew meal.

Wasn't the curtain drawn when the FA(s) were having their meal?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by lynchpin_yyz
The omelette was luke warm at best when served and rather bland. The potatoes were cold and even worse (a bag of McCain frozen potatoes popped in the microwave would have been better) and the carrots were inedible (cold, mush and decorated with black spots); I almost forgot about the chicken sausage as I guess I tried to block it out of my mind ... again cold, and could have been made from mushed up cardboard (both in colour and taste).
You should have just asked to have it heated some more. Might not have fixed the taste, but at least it would have been warm.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:34 pm

99% of the time i add some ketchup or pepper or both to flavour it up!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:24 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asiatocanadaflyer
So I traveled from NRT to YVR today on flight 004 and made a point to observe the service to make sure I wasn't misremembering how the service went, and there was definitely no drinks service before dinner.

Nor was the video system turned on until cruising altitude, just that Welcome Aboard screen from boarding until well into the flight. Maybe 30 or 40 minutes after takeoff. And it didn't seem like there was a problem with the video system because the safety video worked just fine. Why can't this be consistent ?

I find flying domestically that I know what to expect and the service consistently friendly, but on overseas flights it's a crapshoot.

And what's with the male fa today wearing suspenders ( looked very odd ) and female fa's wearing sweaters and fleece hoodies from their own wardrobes. Looked very unprofessional. I NEVER see that on JAL or CATHAY. And would it have killed them to smile once in 9 hours ? Very mediocre flight today.
Thanks for this - please keep the feedback coming which is very helpful. We will follow up on the above.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by asiatocanadaflyer

Unfortunately, my experiences flying AC TATL have been similar over the last few years--lots of inconsistency. I have given up bothering with the meals as 90% of the time they do not have the special meal I order (VGML). On my last TATL (YYZ-LHR) in J when the in charge took orders I told her no meal. I had instead brought my own fixings, including a cup of noodles. When I asked the FA to give me hot water for my noodles he sneered at me, and when the FA with the meals came by I got loud exclamations because I wasn't eating. Then, in the middle of the flight I was woken up by the in charge and other FA's having a loud discussion in the mid-cabin galley. I got up to get a snack from the larder and had to push my way by them to get a banana. My general impression on this flight was that I was a nuisance more than anything. I don't see much incentive to buy my next J TATL from AC. Sure, there are terrific crews, but there are too many poor ones on those flights and it is beyond me why I should put up with that for $4-5 K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.