Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Connecting thru YYZ or YUL on the way to the U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite

I have a choice of flying YEG-YYZ-EWR or YEG-YUL-EWR. Which of YYZ or YUL is it easier to transit through if you are flying to the US? I have a NEXUS pass and I carry-on bags only. Points-wise, I know that it's more Aeroplan points on the YUL transit option, but it's only worth it to me if it's not more of a hassle to make the connection.

Any advice? TIA.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I like the YYZ version with dedicated US immigration lanes for transiting PAX. I have not noticed the same set-up in YUL although I have not transited there in more than one year. It may come down to a choice between total trip time vs a few extra AE miles.
--
13F
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:20 pm
ALW

If you care, YUL-EWR is strictly CRJ, while YYZ-EWR is presently 1 x CRJ and 6 x others (some CRA, some E75).

You'll earn the 500 minimum either way for the flight into EWR. An extra 175mi for YEG-YUL over YEG-YYZ.

I can't speak to the connection at YUL, but at YYZ and with Nexus, it's not onerous, especially if you stay on the 2nd floor (don't go down through the baggage hall). AFAIK the short cut to US Connections doesn't include Nexus so it should be worth the longer walk landside.

=aw
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
The YYZ setup is the way to go.

Now that the dust has settled, it is simple and easy to manage and no crazy security lineups..
Old Sep 4, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
The new transit immigration line has alway been good in YYZ and it is a little easier with the walking strip versus the rather longer walk at YUL. Just be careful that flights to NYC are often cancelled due to weather so you don't want to be on the last flight in or out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.