Wiki Posts
Search

Exec access to SFO lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta/Gold
Exec access to SFO lounge?

Does an AC Exec. ticket (AC metal) (no status) get access to the RCC or other lounge at SFO on a flight to YYZ? The only info I could find seemed to say yes and no depending if they interpret Canada as an International destination. Is this going to be a hassle?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
All AC Exec tickets qualify for lounge access to MLLs or AC's affiliate contract lounges. In the case of SFO, it would be the RCC since AC moved into the same terminal as UA. Just remember to ask the check-in agent as they might issue passes, but that should not be necessary. However, if you are upgraded into Exec, then you don't get lounge access (unless you are E or SE, or a MLL club member).
Old Aug 31, 2008, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Also you need to ASK for free drink certs.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by why fly
Also you need to ASK for free drink certs.
I thought you only got the free drink certs for overseas flights.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by The Lev
I thought you only got the free drink certs for overseas flights.
Me too. Do RCC dragons give AC customers free drink vouchers when flying in J on AC?
Old Sep 1, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Me three. I've always been parched in the RCC's.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
? i was using my 1k card flying to MEX this weekend got drink certs and free internet card?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The reality is that unless you have a lot of time, the RCC is pretty useless since is far, far away from the AC gates. If you a "fortunate" enough to depart from AC's Gate 61 in the AA concourse, the RCC is nearly a mile away down the next (UA) concourse.

On the other hand, Gate 61 is a perfect gate location if one belongs to the Admirals Club. If not a member, just buy a day pass.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
? i was using my 1k card flying to MEX this weekend got drink certs and free internet card?
No wonder you have so many RCC drink passes to hand around!

IIRC for the Day Pass one must be flying AA, unlike regular membership where one can use the lounge when not flying AA (or oneworld partner). And you'd still be parched since one must still purchase drinks at the AA bar...including bottles of water!

The biggest problem with the UA RCC in that terminal is the entry door. It is located at the wrong end of the lounge and one walks endlessly back to get to reception. There should be a "back door" exit so the walk back to the central ring of the terminal (and where AC's gates are generally located) does not requite double tracking twice and adding a mile to the trek!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, AC SE, UA 1K, IC Plat A
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Me too. Do RCC dragons give AC customers free drink vouchers when flying in J on AC?

no voucher and no internet access. Only international business class will do
Old Sep 4, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
I am based out of SFO and have used the domestic and international RCC numerous times.

Domestic RCC in Terminal 3 - you do not get drink certs or wireless cards at all. You must pay for all alcohol and use the T-mobile hotspot WiFi access if you have an account. Good news is that you can access this lounge as an E while members of UA Mileage Plus program of an equivalent status cannot. Unless you arrive with time to spare, the Domestic RCC is a waste of time as its a good walk away from the two AC gates. And its usually packed with people.

International RCC - you get two drink certs when you check in; the agents usually ask you if you would like some drinks certs, so if they don't ask, make sure that you do ask them. The wireless cards are hit and miss as in the RCC - 9/10 you need to ask for the free WiFi card - they are not going to give it to you.

On a whole, the RCC is quite dismal - everywhere. I thoroughly enjoy the MLL, and the benefit of access other quality *A lounges like NZ and SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.