Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Baggage Delayed? This is your entitlement from AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Delayed? This is your entitlement from AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE, National Emerald Club Executive, Best Western Gold Crown
different experience...

In 2007 I boarded 147 AC aircraft, had checked bags for more than half. Now, my travel was predominately short haul, but always with connections, usually YYC,YEG or YVR. Never once were my bags not there at the other end. My only beef has been when my bags with SE and priority tags on them are close to last off the plane, which is common!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 7:50 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by YQL-2B
In 2007 I boarded 147 AC aircraft, had checked bags for more than half. Now, my travel was predominately short haul, but always with connections, usually YYC,YEG or YVR. Never once were my bags not there at the other end. My only beef has been when my bags with SE and priority tags on them are close to last off the plane, which is common!
It's interesting to note that many here are unhappy with the priority tags, most of the time my bags have been amongst the first off. I get more annoyed at the time it takes to get bags onto the belt in YOW/YYZ/YUL, especially compared to YVR, where it is often 10 - 15 minutes after deplaning.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YQL-2B
My only beef has been when my bags with SE and priority tags on them are close to last off the plane, which is common!
Common is right word to describe this as I've experienced this as well.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by shore9
When do pax get this compensation? I assume that it should be given out right away and is not per bag, even if 3/4 bags do not make it with the flight?
YYZ > YUL Dec 28th my only bag that I checked in did not make it and still has not been located.

Was given an amenity kit with a t'shirt, toothpaste, brush, etc.. After 48 hours was authorized $50 and then another $50 the following day. x2 Socks and x2 underwear alone came in at $50!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:01 pm

Do you have status? I thought it was an automatic 50 dollars (100 for E/SE) right away, then additional if the bags are delayed much more or if they are not found. Sounds like AC needs to get everyone on the same page.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imverge
YYZ > YUL Dec 28th my only bag that I checked in did not make it and still has not been located.

Was given an amenity kit with a t'shirt, toothpaste, brush, etc.. After 48 hours was authorized $50 and then another $50 the following day. x2 Socks and x2 underwear alone came in at $50!
I hope those socks and underwear are made of gold or silver or something.

I guess a five pack of Fruit of the Loom underwear and a package of six pairs of Wal-Mart-type brand of socks is too low class for you. (Btw, that comes in at under $20 after tax.)
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by YOWkid

I guess a five pack of Fruit of the Loom underwear and a package of six pairs of Wal-Mart-type brand of socks is too low class for you. (Btw, that comes in at under $20 after tax.)
Not everyone wears Walmart brand clothing however. My brother has been using a sweater as a pillow and is without bedding because AC lost his bags. They have located them, they are just very slow at delivering them. It's all personal preference. Personally for me, I'd rather the cash and I'll buy cheap clothing for the meantime, but thats just me.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:48 am

You try and find a Wal-Mart or Zellers in downtown Montreal, and I don't wear polyester underwear or socks either as they make me itch. I'm not going to compromise my personal comfort because of AC's mistake.

My bag is still outstanding
Old Jan 7, 2008, 3:33 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the 99th time, AC's liability limit for lost/damaged/delayed baggage is approx. $1500 CAD on virtually all of its routes, so it should hardly be an issue for any kind of replacement underwear/socks purchase ...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You try and find a Wal-Mart or Zellers in downtown Montreal, and I don't wear polyester underwear or socks either as they make me itch. I'm not going to compromise my personal comfort because of AC's mistake.

My bag is still outstanding
Then you can go to the Bay.

The point is that you can make the $100 stretch. You just choose to spend that money on two pairs of underwear and two pairs of socks. That's your problem.

Another example: It's no different than if you had credit card delayed bag insurance that gave you $500. It's not going to get you an Armani or Boss suit, but you can go to Moore's and do relatively decently with it.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shore9
Not everyone wears Walmart brand clothing however. My brother has been using a sweater as a pillow and is without bedding because AC lost his bags. They have located them, they are just very slow at delivering them. It's all personal preference. Personally for me, I'd rather the cash and I'll buy cheap clothing for the meantime, but thats just me.
It may be. But the point is that you can either make that $100 get you one pair of underwear, or you can make that $100 get you a few pairs of underwear, a nice looking shirt, and a nice looking pair of pants.

How do I know?

I was in that situation this summer and made the $100 stretch quite nicely.

And no, I did not go to Wal-Mart or Zellers.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:29 pm

It may be. But the point is that you can either make that $100 get you one pair of underwear, or you can make that $100 get you a few pairs of underwear, a nice looking shirt, and a nice looking pair of pants.

How do I know?

I was in that situation this summer and made the $100 stretch quite nicely.

And no, I did not go to Wal-Mart or Zellers.
And when exactly did you get the 100 dollars. My brother said 30 other pax from his flight did not receive their luggage too, none of them got a dime. Now I'm not suggesting AC didn't give out compensation on the spot as a cost savings measure, however it is likely that not all of those 30 pax will get the compensation that is standard policy at AC. I wouldn't put it past AC to pull a fast one to save a quick buck either.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:03 pm

Then you can go to the Bay.

The point is that you can make the $100 stretch. You just choose to spend that money on two pairs of underwear and two pairs of socks. That's your problem.

Another example: It's no different than if you had credit card delayed bag insurance that gave you $500. It's not going to get you an Armani or Boss suit, but you can go to Moore's and do relatively decently with it.
Ha! I did end up going to The Bay on Ste. Catherine. 2 pairs of 2-xist underwear $18 each and 2 pairs of CK socks $6.99 each.

I guess we just shop at opposite ends of The Bay
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When exactly? I guess you can't read: this summer.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 9:05 pm

When exactly? I guess you can't read: this summer.
I meant was it given out when you told them your bag did not show up, or was it given to you at a later date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.