Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I get that whenever I click too much. Like if I search 5 times in one minute. It goes away after a while.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Any one else having issues with getting a boarding pass from Air Canada either by way of printing , SMS or email from the desk top
had to go to the app to get a boarding pass had same issue a week ago
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by mapleg
Just updating the issue I reported in post 5639.

I called AMEX about points being rejected by Aeroplan on my MR points transfer. They said yes, aware of the issue and IT is working on with Aeroplan. She mentioned there have been a number of calls about this in the past few days. No ETA for the fix yet, but either they will move the points over to AE or reinstate them when they figure out the fix.

For anyone wanting to transfer points right now, I would just do the smallest transfer you can do and see if it works before moving tens or hundreds of thousands.
Data point: Today I made a small transfer, and then a large transfer. Both appeared in my AE account quickly.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I booked an Aeroplan ticket. I got the booking email right away, immediately followed by a cancellation email. The booking was not cancelled.
@philelite just had the same experience.

Seems like they really don't want us to fly
Hilariously, I cancelled an aeroplan ticket and got a cancellation emailed right away. Immediately followed by a second, identical cancellation e-mail. so whatever you do, you get an extra cancellation email.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:36 pm

I haven't been getting the cancellation email in the past week or so when I book tickets.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Trying to book a flight with an immediate turn on the same aircraft on the Aeroplan website right now, and it won't let me. Any way to get that done online? I'd like to book this from a (non-SE) family member's account, so booking online then using the SE free change option may not work.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Trying to book a flight with an immediate turn on the same aircraft on the Aeroplan website right now, and it won't let me. Any way to get that done online? I'd like to book this from a (non-SE) family member's account, so booking online then using the SE free change option may not work.
Join the Zoom.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:10 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words... and this has about a thousand more than it should

Last edited by canadiancow; Jul 8, 2020 at 12:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I guess that's what you get for using IE.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Aeroplan this morning
The server has encountered an internal problem and cannot complete your request. Please try again later
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Link from Aeroplan to Points.com broken at the moment? I tried logging in and got:

Account error

We are not able to locate an account with the information provided. Please try again.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:33 pm

I had an alert on the mobile app 15 minutes ago about a sched change on an upcoming TATL reward flight in J. Since it's one that already got moved by me and I was waiting on some I space to open up on one of the legs, I figured I'd check on Aeroplan and lo and behold, there's now space for us up front.

All of this was prompted by the AC app, inventory checked on Aeroplan and confirmed with one short phone call with the wonderful Patricia. And all before either the Cow Tool or EF sent me a flight change or seat alert.

This is good news sure, but I'm actually feeling like this is some kind of massive win. Kinda pathetic really. I gotta get out more ....
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:44 pm

The AC website now isn't showing me my original flights on a number of bookings that have changed. I don't know why, since it was doing that a while ago. So now I guess I have to to dig out the booking confirmation e-mails to figure out what has changed
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I had an alert on the mobile app 15 minutes ago about a sched change on an upcoming TATL reward flight in J. Since it's one that already got moved by me and I was waiting on some I space to open up on one of the legs, I figured I'd check on Aeroplan and lo and behold, there's now space for us up front.

All of this was prompted by the AC app, inventory checked on Aeroplan and confirmed with one short phone call with the wonderful Patricia. And all before either the Cow Tool or EF sent me a flight change or seat alert.

This is good news sure, but I'm actually feeling like this is some kind of massive win. Kinda pathetic really. I gotta get out more ....
If you mean the schedule change notifier, it runs once a day at midnight UTC, so like...right now. Though it also depends on a specific system having the new schedule data...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you mean the schedule change notifier, it runs once a day at midnight UTC, so like...right now. Though it also depends on a specific system having the new schedule data...
I figured as much.

So many Cow (tm) tools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.