Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Which Star Alliance carriers do not offer etickets with AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

A few minutes ago, I booked an Aeroplan award ticket for my wife, to go next week from YOW to CDG (on a Star Alliance award - using both AC and LX). I will be going there on a revenue ticket, purely on AC (even for SEs, there was not any business class award availability on the outbound AC flights - the AC business class cabin on the 2 (of the 4) Canada - Paris flights for next Monday had J0C0 availability; the other 2 flights only offered comfort class in the front cabin).

I found out that LX (Swiss Air) does not yet offer etickets for those passengers also ticketed on AC flights? What other Star Alliance airlines do not offer reciprocal eticket benefits with AC?

Of note, in the case of the award, the Aeroplan agent indicated that the award itinerary could not be emailed to me, because of the fact that the combined ticket was not eticketable. That did not make sense to me. Any comments?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Any comments?
Yes, what you mean to say is AC doesn't have interline e-ticket agreements with all *A partners and relatively few non-*A airlines, which means paper tickets despite IATA's dream for an e-ticket world. This past Sat. had to issue paper for a through fare YEG-LHR on AC, the NS of course , connecting to a SA LHR-JNB. Now I know both LX & SA fairly new to the *A family, but ya think interline e-ticket agreements should be a good place to start?

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...oducts/et.html

In February 2005, Air Canada completed its first Non-Star Interline Electronic Ticketing agreement with Emirates Airlines with many more to follow.
Since January 2006, Interline ET ticketing agreements have been implemented with: British Airways, American Airlines, Delta, TAP, as well as 4 Canadian carriers - Bearskin, Central Mountain, Canadian North and First Air.
Interline ET ticketing scheduled for implementation this summer are: Northwest, Continental, America West and Aloha Airlines.

BTW, this topic nothing new in these pages and I'd provide many threads but as usual the FT search ain't working.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 4:13 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Learned 3 weeks ago that LX doesn't have an e-tix agreement with AC, althought it's a code share (on LX metal). Got the paper tix last week (I forgot a long time ago how a paper tix looked like!! ).
Old Sep 8, 2006, 4:46 am

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
LX and SA currently does not have e-tickets with AC. OZ and NH neither of them had it in the beginning of this year but I just booked the flight for this December and surprise, e-ticket.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Another issue regarding this combined AC/LX ticket-the Aeroplan agent told me that I was not going to be charged for the paper ticket being issued, as I was a SE; if I had been anything else, I would have been charged for the paper ticket. I was always under the impression that if a ticket issued by AC was not eticketable, then AC would not charge the customer to issue the paper ticket - whether it was an Aeroplan award ticket, or a revenue ticket.

PS-My point of the "any comments", was not related to the AC interlining or not interlining with certain other airlines. My question related to the comments of FT participants regarding Aeroplan's stance that it could not electronically send me an itinerary of the ticket, just purchased, because it was a paper ticket.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 5:12 pm

Another issue regarding this combined AC/LX ticket-the Aeroplan agent told me that I was not going to be charged for the paper ticket being issued, as I was a SE; if I had been anything else, I would have been charged for the paper ticket. I was always under the impression that if a ticket issued by AC was not eticketable, then AC would not charge the customer to issue the paper ticket - whether it was an Aeroplan award ticket, or a revenue ticket.
I'm Elite, I got a paper ticket from AC (bought on AC.com) for a codeshare flight on LX and wasn't charged anything for it. I guess you had a poorly informed SE agent...
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by Super Larry
I'm Elite, I got a paper ticket from AC (bought on AC.com) for a codeshare flight on LX and wasn't charged anything for it. I guess you had a poorly informed SE agent...
I think FGII was talking about an Aeroplan ticket. But I've had Aeroplan paper tickets issued without an extra fee, except for delivery.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
That's the way I understood the 'pay-for-paper' policy. Why should anyone have to pay an extra fee if they have no choice but to get a paper ticket? I think the agent was misinformed.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by ylwae
I think FGII was talking about an Aeroplan ticket. But I've had Aeroplan paper tickets issued without an extra fee, except for delivery.

The last statement from FGII should have give you an hint...

"whether it was an Aeroplan award ticket, or a revenue ticket."
Old Sep 9, 2006, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Has anyone received an itinerary from Air Canada or Aeroplan by email, if a paper ticket was issued on that itinerary?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 6:57 am

Has anyone received an itinerary from Air Canada or Aeroplan by email, if a paper ticket was issued on that itinerary?
I got the email from AC immediately after confirming booking, then the paper tix 8-9 days later.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: AC 75K
Any comments?
You already posted this 2 weeks ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592553
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:52 am

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I got the email from AC immediately after confirming booking, then the paper tix 8-9 days later.
Same with me.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
You already posted this 2 weeks ago...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592553
I tried real hard to understand why you posted this by reading the linked thread but I'm at loss...

Although somewhat related, this thread and the one you're referencing to are different...

Care to explain?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:51 am

Programs: AC 75K
I tried real hard to understand why you posted this by reading the linked thread but I'm at loss...

Although somewhat related, this thread and the one you're referencing to are different...

Care to explain?
The question at hand is: "What other Star Alliance airlines do not offer reciprocal eticket benefits with AC?"

ie: Which Star partners do not have an interline eticketing agreement with AC.

Which is exactly what the original thread was about. If you notice links to AC.com on both threads go to the exact same information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.