Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Which Star Alliance carriers do not offer etickets with AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Star Alliance carriers do not offer etickets with AC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The question at hand is: "What other Star Alliance airlines do not offer reciprocal eticket benefits with AC?"

ie: Which Star partners do not have an interline eticketing agreement with AC.

Which is exactly what the original thread was about. If you notice links to AC.com on both threads go to the exact same information.
Thanks for the explanation. I can see your point, however, I think the OP might have mistitled his thread, since IMHO the main difference between the two threads is the linked one was very generic, where this one is very specific to an ariline, LX in that case.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Super Larry
Thanks for the explanation. I can see your point, however, I think the OP might have mistitled his thread, since IMHO the main difference between the two threads is the linked one was very generic, where this one is very specific to an ariline, LX in that case.
Much ado about nothing, guys, as the OP has a noted penchant for creating several threads about essentially the same subject, perhaps with subtle "nuances" the only slight difference.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I will partially disagree with the last few posters who have stated that the 2 threads are talking the same subject - in the first thread, I was asking which airlines interlined with AC. In this thread, I am emphasizing that some Star Alliance airlines (obviously all such airlines interline with AC) do not have eticketing privileges with AC.

Obviously some airlines can interline with AC, without having reciprocal eticketing arrangements with AC (as with Swiss Air and South African Airlines).

"Interlining" and "eticketing" are not synomymous terms - although I do agree that all airlines who have eticketing priviliges with AC, by definition do interline with AC. Therefore, I would agree that "interlining" and "eticketing" are overlapping terms.

The response in the first thread contained AC links talking about "eticketing interlining". You could argue that both issues of eticketing and interline were responded to in those (2) posts, in that first thread, and therefore this thread becomes redundant. I can appreciate this argument.

If I had it to do all over again, I would still have started the second thread, but entitled it differently - my main questions related to the issues of paper ticket ticket fees or not (when the itinerary is not eticketable), as well as an whether the electronic itinerary can be sent with a paper ticket (or not) etc.

PS- I therefore would agree this second thread (on this particular aspect of interlining) might be redundant (at least with that first thread's 2 responses with the AC links). However, I will stick to my guns and state that the titles of the 2 threads are not synonymous. I do agree that the content of the 2 threads do overlap, and it can be argued that a lot of the same issues (but not all of them) are being discussed in the both threads, perhaps with different nuances.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Sep 9, 2006 at 1:06 pm
Old Sep 9, 2006, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
In this thread, I am emphasizing that some Star Alliance airlines (obviously all such airlines interline with AC) do not have eticketing privileges with AC.
A topic which has been discussed many times. Why not pull one of those past threads to make inquiries and/or add personal experiences?

"Interlining" and "eticketing" are not synomymous terms - although I do agree that all airlines who have eticketing priviliges with AC, by definition do interline with AC. Therefore, I would agree that "interlining" and "eticketing" are overlapping terms.
This Clinton-esque terminology debate ("It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" - William Jefferson Clinton) has also been discussed in your past threads:

Originally Posted by Shareholder
There are a couple of levels of "interlining" you need to be clear about:

1. IATA membership of respective airlines. This means members must honour certain commercial dealings with one another, even if they are not Alliance parnters. This generally relates to tickets and tranferrability of full-fare tickets (endorsement) among member carriers. (The issue of paper versus e-tickets is not really related to interlining or IATA -- which is moving members towards full electronic ticketing, but not all members cannot do this yet -- but can be impacted by government and other regulations still to be resolved.)

2. Baggage interlining, which is still done on a carrier by carrier basis for a variety of commercial and/or competitive reasons.

Are you talking about ticketing or baggage interlining?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592553

As the term business class doesn't necesarily mean "full fare refundable" tickets, so too does interline have more than one meaning depending on context.

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
nuances.
There's that word again...
Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tcook052
A topic which has been discussed many times. Why not pull one of those past threads to make inquiries and/or add personal experiences?

This Clinton-esque terminology debate ("It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" - William Jefferson Clinton) has also been discussed in your past threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592553

As the term business class doesn't necesarily mean "full fare refundable" tickets, so too does interline have more than one meaning depending on context.

There's that word again...
I think that by using Shareholder's excerpt listing various definition of interlining, you are actually bolstering my argument. Under point 1, it is mentioned that eticketing does not directly relate to the process of ticket interlining - and therefore they can be considered to be 2 different concepts.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:22 pm

Fine, now you know the terminology, Dr., why not use the correct term in future threads that'll no doubt be started on the subject.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.