Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by ac777
Since qualification year runs from Jan 1 -Dec 31 why would AC/AP give early status to passengers who have not qualified? Early recognition of qualified status is one thing but early status when you still have nearly 3 months to go?? Why???
What exactly are you talking about? If you read my post correctly, you would see that I would pass the 100K mark the week after October 15.... Hence my question if AC has a little bit of a grace period.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by danapop
Hi Everyone,

I am just looking at my flight schedule and by October 15th I will have amassed ~97K miles. I have a flight from YEG-YYZ and Return on October 22 and 25.

Has anyone had any luck ever with AC being a wee bit flexible and allowing early status shortly after October 15?
Yes. I've had it given in December before. You should be fine. It won't happen right away though. Just missed the deadline one year and it took till mid December to get it if I recall.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: down to Zone 5
Originally Posted by danapop
Hi Everyone,

I am just looking at my flight schedule and by October 15th I will have amassed ~97K miles. I have a flight from YEG-YYZ and Return on October 22 and 25.

Has anyone had any luck ever with AC being a wee bit flexible and allowing early status shortly after October 15?
Any chance of doing a couple mini milk runs to get an extra 3k?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by sulfur
Any chance of doing a couple mini milk runs to get an extra 3k?
I wish... My office is very anti-segment hunting even if it means a lower fare... They would rather us on the ground working I guess then on a 13 hour flight.

Im going to double check all my numbers and see what I can do.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3*G, GE
hitting 35k soon - which privileges to select

From enjoying the former Elite benefits in 2012, only made it to 25k last year. I therefore got the Amex Aeroplan platinum for lounge access and fast lane.
Currently at 34k and will pass the 35k in another week, so have to think about what to choose for the select privileges. I won't need the lounge access.

Was planning on reaching the 50k by the end of the year. With the most recent enhancements, I am contemplating not to bother and rather credit the additional 20k with Aegean.

Which benefits would you suggest for me to select
- with 35k beginning of September
- with potentially 50k by the end of the year?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Ontario
From enjoying the former Elite benefits in 2012, only made it to 25k last year. I therefore got the Amex Aeroplan platinum for lounge access and fast lane.
Currently at 34k and will pass the 35k in another week, so have to think about what to choose for the select privileges. I won't need the lounge access.

Was planning on reaching the 50k by the end of the year. With the most recent enhancements, I am contemplating not to bother and rather credit the additional 20k with Aegean.

I'd still go for 50K. You have to give up international upgrades from most Flex fares with E35K (you need to decide how you will use them with the new add-ons), and you're not *Gold with E35K.

For select privileges if you're going to get E50K as early recognition as well keep in mind they will claw back any bonus miles so don't select those. If you're not going to get E50K until Nov/Dec, then I'd go for the *Gold lounge access if you plan on travelling internationally or to the States. Although it'll take at least a month for them to send you the card.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I think the E50K privileges are obvious. For E35K, since you already have lounge access, then do you think you'll be able to use the 10 eUps? If so, take them. If not, go for bonus miles.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think the E50K privileges are obvious. For E35K, since you already have lounge access, then do you think you'll be able to use the 10 eUps? If so, take them. If not, go for bonus miles.
You don't have lounge access internationally. It depends on the asker's travel patterns. I like my MLLWW card more than eUps I don't know if I will ever be able to spend.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:43 pm

I therefore got the Amex Aeroplan platinum for lounge access and fast lane.
I won't need the lounge access.
Originally Posted by flyquiet
You don't have lounge access internationally. It depends on the asker's travel patterns. I like my MLLWW card more than eUps I don't know if I will ever be able to spend.
I'm not talking about the E35K lounge access. I don't know what the Amex card includes, but (s)he said lounge access is not needed.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Ah -- missed that. Carry on!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:48 pm

Okay so how exactly does this work?

Right now, I'm scheduled to cross 75k on October 14. However, that requires adding segments to a trip that weekend, and I'd rather not do that.

Without those segments, I'd cross 75k on October 19.

Is it true that historically, the deadline has been some arbitrary point in the week or two following October 15? I'm guessing they just need to pick a date such that all miles from the 15th will likely have posted?

I don't need to book the flights for Thanksgiving weekend until the week before (space permitting), so I have time to figure this out, but if it's likely that I could postpone my 75k until the 19th and still get early recognition, that would be nice.

On the other hand, what happens if I don't meet the deadline? Do I just get nothing until March 1?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:20 am

No one answered my previous question (), but I have another one.

I'm crossing 50k on a red-eye on September 14 (so the flight lands on the 15th). I have a flight on September 20 that I want to upgrade. It needs the credits from crossing 50k.

Am I going to get them before my flight?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I crossed 80 K this past Saturday, and the threshold credits have not yet posted.
The miles posted on Tuesday.
On Wednesday I crossed 90 K, no invitation yet to pick my threshold bonus.

So I would not count on immediate e-credits.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I crossed 80 K this past Saturday, and the threshold credits have not yet posted.

I don't need them immediately

Now, if you don't have them this time tomorrow, then I'll be disappointed.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by IluvSQ

Update - the flight that brought me over 80K was Aug 23.
The eupgrade credits posted Aug 29.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.