Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Air Canada really wants to make this as painful as possible.

Flew (TAP) on Oct. 16th, that'd push me well beyond E35K and yet I still haven't had the miles posted.

I flew the exact same flight in May and it took 3 days to post.

AC wants to limit the amount of elites, thus makes this whole process super painful. And they hope it won't post, and members will just shrug off this loss.

So far this year had to :

-request miss calculations for 7 flight that posted 50% AQM instead of 100% (took 3 weeks, 7 calls)
-request manual input of AQM for 2 IROPS where I was put on a different carrier. Lost the 2 AQS but the AQM had to be added manually (5 weeks, 12 calls, 3 supervisors)

US carriers take 48hours MAX to post miles, and have 500miles minimum on all flights, and have quick phone agents. I don't get it, AC has the infrastructure to rival US carriers to offer elites a good service. Why is it so painful?

I live in NY and make an extra effort to credit everything to AC. Oh well.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
My wife flew on Sunday. AQM and invitation to choose SE privileges all posted today.
I have never seen AQM posted so fast. Amazing.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Needle Hill
My wife flew on Sunday. AQM and invitation to choose SE privileges all posted today.
I have never seen AQM posted so fast. Amazing.
Three days is definitely my mean (rounded to nearest integer), median, and mode, for flights operated by AC.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
When are 2020-2021 privilege e-mails sent - ie. what's the earliest that one can select privileges for the upcoming year. I'd like my e-upgrades ASAP.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
When are 2020-2021 privilege e-mails sent - ie. what's the earliest that one can select privileges for the upcoming year. I'd like my e-upgrades ASAP.
The earliest would be early November, after they switch from 2019/2020 recognition to 2020/2021.

That's not to say you'll be able to get them that early. But it's impossible before that.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:08 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by royal757
AC wants to limit the amount of elites, thus makes this whole process super painful. And they hope it won't post, and members will just shrug off this loss.
As with many things, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Or in this case a process / back end that is batch at best and mostly manual at worst.

But it totally sucks when something like this impacts you negatively.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Passed 50k on Saturday coming back from Kuala Lumpur and the miles posted on Tuesday (miles flown on ANA posted already Monday but left me a few thousand miles short of 50k) and I was able to select privileges yesterday.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE
It took 6 days but it finally just converted. Thanks! They tweeted back that i would have to wait until oct31 but luckily that wasn't the case.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'd expect one day after hitting the requirement. If not, Tweet them.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by timriley12; Oct 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:28 pm

I didn't realize the social media team worked at the airport now
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My Oct 20 posted AQM in 2 or 3 days but still waiting for $28 AQD...
Audrey, where are you?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:44 am

Landed here searching for sweeps schedule, like which day of week. Need to buy a FP and passed the 75 criteria a week ago. (Now at 80) but flight didn’t post until Thursday. Site says benefits must be selected before 31 Oct but can’t select until it invites me. Twitter team said ”we trust that your account will be updated shortly.” Impatient!
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Landed here searching for sweeps schedule, like which day of week. Need to buy a FP and passed the 75 criteria a week ago. (Now at 80) but flight didn’t post until Thursday. Site says benefits must be selected before 31 Oct but can’t select until it invites me. Twitter team said ”we trust that your account will be updated shortly.” Impatient!
I searched for more detailed info. There seem to be at least 4 threads regarding Early Altitude Recognition

Not sure if this helps you but see posts on this page, posts 2026 and onward

Also found a fun tidbit on an AC page for 2016.

"EARLY RECOGNITION

When you reach a higher 2016 Altitude status prior to October 15, 2016, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges and will enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year "

https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2016_EN.pdf

I should keep looking, never know what nuggets I will unearth.

EDIT TO ADD: Found 2019

"EARLY RECOGNITION

Early Recognition is now offered for all tiers, including Altitude Prestige 25K. This means that when you reach a higher 2019 Altitude status prior to October 31, 2019, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges and will enjoy your status immediately for the remainder of the current benefit year, as well as for the following benefit year. "

https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2019_EN.pdf

Last edited by 24left; Oct 27, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Oct 27, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Just looking at my history and I made 75K on Sept. 30 and my status was updated instantly when the flights showed up in the system a few days later.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:09 pm

I’ll tweet at them again if it’s not changed overnight (Sunday night).

PS I had been following the other threads (including this one to which this has been moved) but saw no recent posts addressing the specific substance of my question which was related to a known or speculated weekly schedule of sweeps batches.

Last edited by flyquiet; Oct 27, 2019 at 6:55 pm
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I am facing the same issue with status not updating. I reached SE status as of October 17th, still has not updated from 75K status. Any previous status was immediately updated and I got to select my privileges, not sure why this one has not updated after almost 2 weeks now. Fairly annoyed as I have a personal flight that I wanted to use eUpgrades for on Saturday.

After contacting them on the phone and e-mail they are not giving me a good response, canned answers, it will be updated, keep an eye on your inbox, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.