Community
Wiki Posts
Search

enRoute magazine

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Check the Celerbrity Sightings thread maybe?
If I make it into that thread then it is grossly mislabeled... I'm just a humble scribe.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Hey there. October should be on the aircraft soon, if not already. Let me know what you think.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Arjun:

We should contribute to enRoute on the "Top 10 Worst Ads on enRoute". Interestingly to notice that some of those old ads, which are probably the best financial contributors to enRoute, are so boring and tasteless. The same ad design for years.

It reminds of CBC Anna Marie-Tremonty's radio program, and she has been doing this for years, and yet CBC TV has been doing this oneliner ad as old as the program "...It's part of the political landscape...". Become a joke. I wonder how much effort and money will it cost CBC to say a different line about her program, and all it takes is 5 seconds of her time.

The same is the case with CIBC's credit card ad on enRoute..."Vive Marie, how's Canada... (I am still saving mileage points, for years, in order to redeem a ticket to Italia to visit your vineage, although you opened years ago..)"
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lespoir
Arjun:

We should contribute to enRoute on the "Top 10 Worst Ads on enRoute". Interestingly to notice that some of those old ads, which are probably the best financial contributors to enRoute, are so boring and tasteless. The same ad design for years.

It reminds of CBC Anna Marie-Tremonty's radio program, and she has been doing this for years, and yet CBC TV has been doing this oneliner ad as old as the program "...It's part of the political landscape...". Become a joke. I wonder how much effort and money will it cost CBC to say a different line about her program, and all it takes is 5 seconds of her time.

The same is the case with CIBC's credit card ad on enRoute..."Vive Marie, how's Canada... (I am still saving mileage points, for years, in order to redeem a ticket to Italia to visit your vineage, although you opened years ago..)"
That's not a bad idea. We should talk about the ads since they are an important part of enRoute's landscape. BTW, I do believe Maria is in Chile. That's always been my impression, given the "hola Maria" greeting. Or Spain. But for whatever reason, it's always been a Chilean ad for me.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../01/c9888.html

MONTREAL, Oct. 1 /CNW Telbec/ - The Second Annual Air Canada enRoute
Student Film Festival today announced its sponsors for its upcoming awards
gala to be held November 5th in Toronto. Ford Motor company returns as this
year's presenting sponsor. Other returning sponsors are Krups, Playback
magazine, the Director's Guild of Canada, Metropolitan Hotels and Cineplex
Entertainment. New sponsors this year include The Spoke Club, Palm Springs
International Film Festival, Bullet Digital and pre-screening partners Ouat
Media.
The student who wins in the Best Film category will take home a brand new
2009 Ford Focus vehicle and an Air Canada, all-inclusive roundtrip for two to
the Palm Springs International Film Festival in January. The Festival was
launched in 1990 by Sonny Bono and features a stellar line-up of more than
200 films from 60 countries, special events and gala receptions.
Pre-gala screenings for the Air Canada enRoute Student Film Festival are
being held at the Scotiabank Theatre (Cineplex) in downtown Toronto on
November 5th. The films are being chosen by the festival's jury members: Dan
Aykroyd, Wendy Crewson, Colm Feore, Arsine Khanjian and Andrea Martin,
Canadian Film Directors Patricia Rozema, Rob Stewart, Yves Simoneau and
Toronto International Film Festival CEO Noah Cowan. Winners will be announced
the same evening at the Awards Gala hosted by The Spoke Club.
Air Canada passengers can view the selected short films on the main
screen televisions and personal seatback entertainment systems. The films can
also be viewed online at www.enroutefilm.com. The Festival is produced by
Spafax Canada.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Canada's Best New Restaurants

Hi there. Like last year, Canada's best new restaurant will be announced live on Canada AM. Check out Canada AM October 28th at 8:45. And then, read enRoute or visit the website to find out who made the top 10.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

enRoute on Canada AM

For those of you curious about where to find Canada's Best New Restaurant before it appears in the magazine (well, a day before, probably), check out Canada AM tomorrow (Oct 28th) at 8:45 AM. The chef from the best new restaurant will be introduced to Canada and he'll cook up something tasty for Seamus and Geoff et al.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:48 am
Original Poster

http://www.cnw.ca/en/releases/archiv.../28/c2103.html

Best New Restaurant announcement hits the wires....
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Sorry about being away so long...

...I've been busy, let's just say. December should be on aircraft soon. Let me know what you think. Hope all is well with everyone.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
I've been watching AC's website everyday for the past week, hoping to see next months Enroute. Do you know when they update the website?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brewster
I've been watching AC's website everyday for the past week, hoping to see next months Enroute. Do you know when they update the website?
I would have to assume the first of the month.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I trust all enjoyed a healthy and joyous holiday period. For those already flying, let me know what you think of the new issue. Later this year, Ilana Weitzman, the editor in chief of enRoute will take over this board. So you won't have me to kick around as much...

In the meantime, here's the link to the January issue:

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/magazine

Here's wishing everyone a great 2009.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:52 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by enRouter
Happy New Year everyone. I trust all enjoyed a healthy and joyous holiday period. For those already flying, let me know what you think of the new issue. Later this year, Ilana Weitzman, the editor in chief of enRoute will take over this board. So you won't have me to kick around as much...

In the meantime, here's the link to the January issue:

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/magazine

Here's wishing everyone a great 2009.
I personally hate the new issue/format.. Where in the magazine do you list the films that are being played on AVOD?? The films were also listed in the old version.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACfly
I personally hate the new issue/format.. Where in the magazine do you list the films that are being played on AVOD?? The films were also listed in the old version.
The films are now listed on line and, of course, on the actual GUI screens themselves. Online, you can find film listings here:

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/entertainment

I understand that some readers are going to find this annoying. We will have topline entertainment options still listed in the magazine. But given the sheer amount, we're moving to web. I also hear we may be doing something about the GUI screens themselves so they are easier to navigate but this sounds like a more long-term project/solution.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Well Arjun we'll certainly miss interacting with you on here.
^

Couldn't help but notice an apparent typo both in the print and web articles:

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/articles/powder-play

...Powder Cowboy offers eight guest log cabins equipped with wood-burning stoves and in-floor heating in the bathrooms, and two larger lodges. The main lodge, housing the dining room and bar, is decorated in true backcountry fashion, with stuffed moose, elk and other game. Power Cowboy is a no-bull operation...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.