Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What ever happened to that top AC customer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks

I was wondering what ever happened to Air Canada's top customer who got into a verbal fit with an AC executive and lost privileges he had earned by being the airline's top traveller? I believe he was a lawyer. Did he ever have his privileges reinstated? Does he fly AC?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
AC hired him for customer relations..... for RM office
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it was that PetSmart guy who was the top flyer?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 1:39 pm

Here are the origins of this story:

Excommunicated from SuperElite
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
About two years ago I emailed Diane Francis to ask what had happened and she promised she would be doing a followup. Nothing since appeared, so we really don't know, though one or two regulars here have implied they know the story. Maybe they'll share it with us. And as others have pointed out, he was not a "top customer" merely at the time one of 10K+ SEs AC had at the time. AC's top customer is that pet food company owner.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Here are the origins of this story:

Excommunicated from SuperElite
What I find interesting is that "ALW" is "formerly Andrew Webber"...! This explains why I haven't seen Andrew Webber on here lately (IIRC)...
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:53 pm

Yeah -- how did he do that? I wonder if I can change my name. Back when I first popped on here to ask a quick question it made sense. But now, some two years and several hundred posts later... what I can I say? I ain't so new.

'Course then I'd have to think up a new name.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I notice ALW too. It seems to be a BA thing - check out that forum, half of them are formerlies.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
AC's top customer is that pet food company owner.
Not "pet food" but "pet(big box) shop" owner.........I believe it is the owner of Pet-Cetera.....
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:41 pm

Petcetera is correct. Drop into any large pet store and they all of tales of him.

Some AC people speak of him as flying every day, but being home on weekends.

His web site lists himas Daniel S. Urbani. He owns 42 big box stores and 60 by 2008. He spent 1,000,000 on research and visiting 500 stores before his startup in 1996.

Odd thing is I have an acquaintance in YUL who owns in the neighnourhood of 954 clothing stores and he does not travel as much.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:43 pm

As most of you know I am in the pet industry (that's enough out of you yycguy2 ) and the tales of Mr. Urbani are legend.

Last edited by cattle; Feb 8, 2006 at 10:48 pm
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
hold on ... did this thread summon the person who's not really the topic of this thread, but the other guy? sorry, i only have a fraction of your posts, and don't know much of your code words and history
Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:35 am

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
Originally Posted by cattle
As most of you know I am in the pet industry (that's enough out of you yycguy2 ) and the tales of Mr. Urbani are legend.
Speaking of legendary tales I gotta tell this one: Your dog is allergic to the pet food you sell.....
Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:13 pm
ALW

Regarding name changes, this is from the Jan 18 TalkMail newsletter:

A special note about name changes: per the TalkBoard's recommendation we are granting a 30-day grace period during which any FlyerTalker who believes they have a legitimate reason to change their member name can send an email to [email protected] for consideration. If the change is approved by an admin, the existing post count and join date will not be affected. The new handle will show the previous handle immediately under the new name. Members availing themselves of this one month grace period exception will have used their "ONE TIME" option by this action.

So what would constitute a legitimate reason? If your member name is some derivative of your real name or is an email address, and you would rather not have that type of information displayed, we will be happy to make the change for you during the grace period.

If, however, you simply don't care for your original member name and would like to change it, don't bother sending us an email
I felt my old FT handle was too close to my own name, so I went with an arbitrary 3-letter handle.

As for why so many BA hangers-on are doing it, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...8&page=1&pp=15

=aw
Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ALW
Regarding name changes, this is from the Jan 18 TalkMail newsletter:

I felt my old FT handle was too close to my own name, so I went with an arbitrary 3-letter handle.

As for why so many BA hangers-on are doing it, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...8&page=1&pp=15

=aw
Are you THE Andrew Lloyd Webber?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.