Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can a SE use an Elite/ Prestige coupon ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

AC newbie - thanks again, y'all have been soooo helpful - Can an SE use an Elite/Prestige upgrade voucher ? If so, do they get to use it at the SE upgrade window or the Elite/Prestige window ? Any problems ?
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
AC newbie - thanks again, y'all have been soooo helpful - Can an SE use an Elite/Prestige upgrade voucher ? If so, do they get to use it at the SE upgrade window or the Elite/Prestige window ? Any problems ?
I am assuming you're asking: "Can a SE use a North America Upgrade Certificate?"

If so, I'd like to know the answer as well!
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:39 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I do not know for sure, but I suspect the answer is YES. SEs should be able to IMO but that is only my opinion. What is the fine print on the back of these certs as I have never seen one?
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I do not know for sure, but I suspect the answer is YES. SEs should be able to IMO but that is only my opinion. What is the fine print on the back of these certs as I have never seen one?
I don't know for sure either, but the back of the cert doesn't mention anything about SuperElites. However, it does only give the upgrade windows for E and P. My guess is, therefore, that only E and P are allowed to use them (come on, SEs can't have everything ).

The front of the cert says "You must hold Elite or Prestige status at the time of travel."

Last edited by ylwae; Feb 14, 2005 at 5:47 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 14, 2005, 6:24 pm

IMO they can't use it. Why would they when they need only the SWU to UG and will need only 1 cert to go anywhere.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The answer is No, but with AC anything gives. When I first became an SE midyear, there were different upgrade certs for Es and SEs. I was unable to use any of the E upgrades that I had left once I had become an SE. And since SEs don't get NAmerican upgrades, it is not likely these can be confirmed at the 7-day window. At least if you reveal to the agent the type of cert you plan to use when trying to confirm the u/g.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star
I don't think you're supposed to use them, but I have done so in the past. My daughter gave me a bunch of certs a few years ago and I kept them in my travel wallet to use for walkup UG's at the gate. They were never refused.

However that was then, and now is now. I haven't tried recently.

DF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.