Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Anyone up for a Trappers game in mid-June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

It seems that both the TRAPPERS and I will be in Edmonton at the same time next month [er, June]. Any other FTers who'll be around the city interested in an evening game on the 15th or an afternoon one on the 16th? Of course, this is the final summer for Triple A baseball in Edmonton, and western Canada for that matter, as this last team in the top tier of the Minors migrates south at the end of the season, there joining the lost Cannons of Calgary and Canucks of Vancouver.
Old May 30, 2004, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Count me in SH. The 16th afternoon works better for me as I somehow have that day off. We meeting at the ballpark or elsewhere? Hope the weather cooperates...
Old May 30, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
The 16th might possibly work for me as well. I will definitely come if I can.
Old May 31, 2004, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Definitely out if its an afternoon game and not a huge baseball fan so could possibly attend an evening game but certainly won't be "devastated" if you guys go for the afternoon option
Old May 31, 2004, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Shoot !

That sounds like a lot of fun, SH. The bad news for me is that I won't be in YEG until the 18th. Have fun ! AAA ball is always fun to watch. Do the Trappers still play out of Telus field ? I've heard it's a nice place to watch baseball.

Singlepoint
Old May 31, 2004, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It appears that Wednesday afternoon is the preferred game. At least that's the one I am now planning for since Tuesday evening may conflict with something else, and at least one other, possibly two might be able to attend. I will check out ticket availability and post more details later this week.
Old May 31, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
AAA ball is always fun to watch. Do the Trappers still play out of Telus field ? I've heard it's a nice place to watch baseball.

Singlepoint
Yeah...still Telus field..but we're losing the Trappers after this year.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thus far its tcook052, exAC et moi. Plan to confirm tickets over the weekend, so if anyone else is a definite, email me. Any last minutes, we can coordinate by cell phone. Email for my number.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Weather looks perfect for Wednesday. Seats in the grandstand have been bought for four of us. See you all at the ballpark!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's truly amazing how "sunny" can turn into "70% chance of showers" overnight! Hope they are wrong and it is nice for you guys!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:20 am

As the rain continues to fall this morning (Tuesday) I hope it's better for game time tomorrow - as well as for the golf game I've got scheduled for out-of-town clients tomorrow as well, which is the reason I can't go to the ball game It's been a rainy few days here in YEGmonton with the good news being everything is really, really green. ^
Old Jun 16, 2004, 4:30 pm

Thanks shareholder. tcook and exAC for your company at the game! It was great to meet you (even though you switched seats, I hunted you down anyhow!).

Thanks, shareholder for organizing and buying the tickets. I'll look forward to another YEG FT meeting sometime soon!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 5:21 pm
exAC

Nice to meet you Boy...

Even though we all love watchig a good game of baseball, we spent much more time talking about travelling and FT.

Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by exAC
Nice to meet you Boy...

Even though we all love watchig a good game of baseball, we spent much more time talking about travelling and FT.
Was there a game?? And you'll be severely beaten for calling me boy!
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Hey Trapper fans, check out this nasty little piece:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...517020422.html

The Edmonton Trappers are moving to Round Rock, Texas, next year, and you won't hear too many complaints from the Las Vegas 51s.

Early Monday, the 51s trekked from Edmonton to Las Vegas in what has become a twice-annual headache for the team, due primarily to customs inspections and the lack of a direct flight from Alberta to Las Vegas.

No direct flights? What's the America West nonstop route, then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.