Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as base Aeroplan points and LQM) or have been credited incorrectly, and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. Elite status bonus points (which post separately from normal flight activity) are now covered in a dedicated thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
I flew YYZ to SIN via ICN. The ICN to SIN was via SQ.

SIN to NRT (then YYZ) was via ANA and those SQM and SQD were credited to my account the next day

Strange thing is a couple of weeks has passed and the ICN to SIN leg has not been credited However today I received an email from Singapore airlines crediting my Kris flyer account for the miles. Is this a mistake and how do I go abouts getting that leg back to Aeroplan SQM and SQD?

Thanks!
Just an update in case this ever happens to anyone else:

I called Feb 7 evening to Singapore airlines and told them this was an AIr Canada issued ticket and for them to cancel the credit the Kris Flyer credit so I could receive my Aeroplan credits. They were very helpful and said that this was not normal what happened but the rep "escalated" to cancel the Kris Flyer points so that I could receive my credits.from Aeroplan

Feb 8 I submitted to the [email protected] email about the missing segment with all the relevant details

Feb 9 (today) All the correct miles and dollars were credited to my account!

Frankly, I'm pretty shocked how quick I got the credit and all ended well.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Feb 10, 2024 at 10:11 am Reason: grammer
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:26 pm

Inforrect credit from flight pass latitude booking

I am having issues with getting the correct credit on a recent trip (YYZ>YVR) on a latitude flight pass.

1. On my outbound, the SQM and bonus was accurate but SQD was credited at $1 (should be $758 based on the same flight the week before)

2. I received no credit (SQM/ SQD/SQS) for the return.

I took the exact same flight the week before with same flight pass an no issues at all.

I went through the auto portal (said flight wasn’t eligible) as well as emailed credits@ac email and still no response or adjustment.

Quite a bit of impact on SQD so focused on trying to get it sorted. I am a SE.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K 2MM, Accor Gold
Air Dolomiti

I flew INN-FRA and TRN-FRA as part of 2 different 014 tickets in December and early January. Both were in P. After failing to receive credit I went through the online missing credits tool and received a message that neither segment is eligible for SQM and SQD.
The aeroplan website's rules for Air Dolomiti seems to contradict this verdict.
Curious: has anyone run into "issues" with Dolomiti? And -- what to do next?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Bonvoy LT Platinum
Send an email to [email protected]. That is the only escalation path I know of from the web form. It has worked for me in the past but you may need to be patient. Include all the details that the web form requests in the email and attach boarding passes if you have them.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by YYZSBA

I went through the auto portal (said flight wasn’t eligible) as well as emailed credits@ac email and still no response or adjustment.

Quite a bit of impact on SQD so focused on trying to get it sorted. I am a SE.

I have not received an auto-reply or acknowledgement from this email. Responses can be very quick or take days/weeks/months.

i was told by a concierge to put last name and Aeroplan number in the subject line - apparently that can help if you are SE.

i have no evidence either way but it can’t hurt I suppose.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Eupgrade cleared and the add on didn’t credit yet but the flight did. Do I fill out the form or email?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:16 am

For SQD use the standalone process in the FAQ.

“For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.”

It has worked well for me, however, you need to be patient.

I had a segment last Nov YYZ-YYC that only made it to YWG before being cancelled and rebooked.

The rebooked segment YWG-YYC was credited almost immediately but there was no sign of the YYZ-YWG.

Requested via form, no luck. Requested via email in early December. Eventually a service ticket was created, guessing this was a system challenge.

Points were posted yesterday with correct SQM, SQD and service bonus. It even updated my 2023 rollover and LQM - so the process does work. Patience being the key.

interested to see if 2023 elite bonus still works retroactively.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 20, 2024 at 7:32 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:45 am

Programs: AC E75K (*G) | Mariott Platinum | Hilton Gold | Nexus
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
Eupgrade cleared and the add on didn’t credit yet but the flight did. Do I fill out the form or email?
You should wait until 14 days after the flight before using the form. At the beginning of feb I had the same situation flight credited after 2 days and eup add on took 10 so what you’re seeing is not out of the question. If it hasn’t credited by the 14 days then definitely request the correction.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by wrldtrav2013
I'm having the same issue. I'm still waiting for SQD credits from eUpgrades last November to be processed. In the end it won't change my Elite status level, but it's the principle of the matter.
Particularly as other flights I've taken in 2024 where I've had a eUpgrade co-payment haven't posted the SQD.
It's still been less that 14 days so I shall patiently wait, but it is frustrating that we have to keep track of such things, and there's not a quick, straightforward way to get the correct SQD credited.
wrldtrav2013 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I received several SQD adjustments for flights flown in January, but am still waiting for AC to credit me with the correct miles (was Flex, but credited as Standard).
Old Feb 25, 2024, 5:40 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Flight didn;t post for an itin i flew Feb 9th , 16 days. ago.
Used online form, said I was ineligeable.
Emailed AC with the details. 4 days ago, still no reply.
This was LAt Sun PAss booking.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC 50k
Hi,
I just had the return leg of a TP that posted with the wrong class of service bonus (50% vs 100% for business)
OPO -> LIS & then LIS -> YYZ

The outbound posted correctly but I saw the return had a lower number than I was expecting.

Wondering if folks think I should wait until 14 days from the flight (i.e. 14 days from yesterday), or try to fill out the form/email as it's not missing but is instead an error?

I could wait but I somehow doubt their error checking scripts will catch this (usually easier to tell if it's missing than wrong - but not sure)
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This past weekend, I flew:
Friday: SFO-YEG (Jazz, paid J)
Saturday: YEG-YVR (Mainline, paid J)
Saturday: YVR-YYJ (Jazz, Y as part of paid J fare)
Sunday: YYJ-YVR (Jazz, Y as part of paid J fare)
Sunday: YVR-SFO (Mainline, paid J)

Everything except the Jazz Y has posted within 2-4 days of the flight.

I know there was some discussion about Jazz taking longer to post than mainline, but that doesn't really explain SFO-YEG posting within 3 days.

I'm not concerned, since it hasn't been 8 days and I haven't been able to submit the retro-credit, but it's... interesting.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Originally Posted by canadiancow
This past weekend, I flew:
Friday: SFO-YEG (Jazz, paid J)
Saturday: YEG-YVR (Mainline, paid J)
Saturday: YVR-YYJ (Jazz, Y as part of paid J fare)
Sunday: YYJ-YVR (Jazz, Y as part of paid J fare)
Sunday: YVR-SFO (Mainline, paid J)

Everything except the Jazz Y has posted within 2-4 days of the flight.

I know there was some discussion about Jazz taking longer to post than mainline, but that doesn't really explain SFO-YEG posting within 3 days.

I'm not concerned, since it hasn't been 8 days and I haven't been able to submit the retro-credit, but it's... interesting.
I am based out of YYJ.

All of my YYJ - YVR and YVR - YYJ legs on QK on a Q400 take 5 to 7 days to post.

All of my AC legs post in 2 to 4 days.

The QK flights on a CRJ in J must have a different posting protocol to Q400s which are all Y.

It makes no sense but it is AC so no-one should be surprised.

If we are home and anyone is on a MR with an overnight in YYJ or YCD, I will happily pickup, host and drop off in exchange for a knowledge dump. There is a lot that I need to learn.

We live about an hour away from YYJ and YCD.
taupo and canadiancow like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by quandide
I flew INN-FRA and TRN-FRA as part of 2 different 014 tickets in December and early January. Both were in P. After failing to receive credit I went through the online missing credits tool and received a message that neither segment is eligible for SQM and SQD.
The aeroplan website's rules for Air Dolomiti seems to contradict this verdict.
Curious: has anyone run into "issues" with Dolomiti? And -- what to do next?
I would be interested in the result. Flew a leg on Air Dolomiti recently and it hasn’t posted either. Not a big deal, and I totally forgot until your post. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.