Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Michael Rousseau

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
And I get spending hours on the phone trying to get this cleaned up is frustrating, but did you really expect people to respond to your post with the CEO of Air Canada's email address and tell you that was the best way of addressing the problem? Perhaps if you had come here and said "I've had this frustrating experience, does anyone know of any better outcome I could have got from Air Canada on this and if so how to go about getting it?" you might have got less push back in the response. Especially since there are people here who have experienced this before who are hardly white knighting Air Canada but are telling you that:
This is kinda the crux of the issue right here. A lot of us work in tech, and be it end users asking questions or highly technical people asking questions, the better way is to describe the problem, and ask for suggestions. Or simply as for facts "What is the big guys email?" Which can be quickly answered (or not, in this case it would be, "we don't know / wouldn't tell you if we did").

But we got a (sob) story with a bunch of... less than optimal actions... that dug a hole. And even if the "question" was "what now?", we could have given an easy response: "you are in the best possible place, wait".

There is a lesson here, but it isn't a new one.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by larrythai
Does anyone know how to contact the office of Michael Rousseau, the CEO? I know from past experience that often there is someone in the executive office that cares enough about the reputation of a company to solve an abusive situation.
I don't think anyone in the "executive" office would care about such a thing and direct your inquiry to the regular customer service levels to resolve this dispute of such an abusive situation you've encountered. The horror ad tragedy you must have felt....
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
But seriously, folks, can we agree we’re now beating a dead horse here?
yyznomad, ffsim, billdokes and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/w...acter-syndrome

...Main character syndrome is defined by a series of behaviors in which you see yourself as the main character in the story of your life. You are the protagonist and everyone else is often a sidekick or a villain...

...“Having that perspective — that you are the center of the story — naturally changes the way you present yourself to others and how you act in a public setting.”...

...When you embrace main character energy, you tend to highlight or reinforce certain aspects of your personality to benefit your story and your place in other people’s lives...

...In essence, when it comes to main character syndrome, you run the risk of being the hero of your own story or being everyone else’s villain if you’re not careful...
billdokes likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YOWgary
But seriously, folks, can we agree we’re now beating a dead horse here?
Yes. <Thread closed> -Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.