Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Michael Rousseau

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Contacting Michael Rousseau

My wife and I took a long business class trip on Air Canada and made it clear we wanted the miles credited to our Turkish Air accounts. Turkish Air explained that there was no record and suggested I call Air Canada. After 90 minutes' wait, I finally got through and explained the matter to a representative who had no idea of what the problem was. After FOUR periods on hold, I got connected to "Ben", the supervisor at the Vancouver branch. He admitted that Air Canada made a mistake despite our checking and double checking, and credited my miles to my AC account and he would request a reversal so that could be credited to the Turkish Air account, but made it clear that this would take four months(!) and even then, the outcome would be in doubt. As to my wife's miles, he told me to try again with Turkish, as the miles are in limbo. I did as he instructed, with no success whatsoever. Does anyone know how to contact the office of jMichael Rousseau, the CEO? I know from past experience that often there is someone in the executive office that cares enough about the reputation of a company to solve an abusive situation.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 22, 2024 at 5:09 pm Reason: Fixed formatting
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada, Best Western, Marriott
Originally Posted by larrythai
My wife and I took a long business class trip on Air Canada and made it clear we wanted the miles credited to our Turkish Air accounts. Turkish Air explained that there was no record and suggested I call Air Canada. After 90 minutes' wait, I finally got through and explained the matter to a representative who had no idea of what the problem was. After FOUR periods on hold, I got connected to "Ben", the supervisor at the Vancouver branch. He admitted that Air Canada made a mistake despite our checking and double checking, and credited my miles to my AC account and he would request a reversal so that could be credited to the Turkish Air account, but made it clear that this would take four months(!) and even then, the outcome would be in doubt. As to my wife's miles, he told me to try again with Turkish, as the miles are in limbo. I did as he instructed, with no success whatsoever. Does anyone know how to contact the office of jMichael Rousseau, the CEO? I know from past experience that often there is someone in the executive office that cares enough about the reputation of a company to solve an abusive situation.
If you wanted your miles credited to Turkish Airlines, how did your Aeroplan number get entered on the file? You did enter your Turkish Airlines FF # at time of booking? Also, did you take/use any benefits of Aeroplan?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 22, 2024 at 5:10 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Abusive situation, that is a little over dramatic ?

YOU clearly put YOUR FF number on the ticket and it was credited as such

It even shows on your BP, AC*G etc . So it should have been clear

Why is it ACs fault?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:48 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Popcron time
lcohen999, m.y, Symmetre and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Make sure you speak French. :-)
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:15 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
This is gonna be fun.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Yeah, OP.

Got to wonder: how did they get your AP number?
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Yeah, OP.

The OP won’t likely ever return after he realizes he is the one who messed this up.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Man customer service must be the worst job on the planet. Imagine this. Some guy puts down his own frequent flyer number and then has the audacity to blame you for doing it. "Ben" must have some good hobbies.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Yeah, OP.

The OP wouldnt be the first one here who has tried to credit somewhere else, but somehow the AC number got attached to the booking and/or points credited to Aeroplan.
I would love to know for sure what triggers that in order to make sure to avoid. This post seems to indicate its as innocent as checking in while logged in, or adding the trip to your AC account.
United flight incorrectly credited to partner airline (AC)

At least the OP got a reversal approved, which seems to be impossible with Aeroplan.
I personally know two people who got denied a mileage reversal after it mistakingly got credited to Aeroplan.

Now, about someone caring about the "reputation of a company to solve an abusive situation", the OP is gonna quickly find out that noone does even if he manages to get thru on the 1-800-ROUSSEAU hotline for such abusive situations as this one.

Originally Posted by lcohen999
YOU clearly put YOUR FF number on the ticket and it was credited as such
Why is it ACs fault?
No the OP did not. See the thread above how an AC number magically attaches to one's booking without knowing.
Its AC's fault because their IT is broken

Last edited by rankourabu; Jan 22, 2024 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 22, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Someone wants to contact the CEO to make sure he gets miles flown credited to another airline and not the CEO's.

Pretty sure he will get right on that.
roberto99, m.y, billdokes and 12 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:48 pm

Try sending letter mail.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
No the OP did not. See the thread above how an AC number magically attaches to one's booking without knowing.
Its AC's fault because their IT is broken
That thread is an unpleasant read to say the least.

I've actually had something similar happen with LH where I book an 014 ticket but when checking / selecting seats in with LH I use their app and then my AC FF# gets removed (I don't have an LH FF account so nothing to switch it to). Then I have to add it back with an agent at the airport before the flight. Happened twice last year and I am flying LH on a 014 ticket again next week and I expect it will happen again - the only reason I noticed was because *G / lounge access was not printed on my BP.

So yeah the OP is a bit over the top trying to go to the CEO but there are ways this can get screwed up that are not necessarily the OPs fault.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
That thread is an unpleasant read to say the least.

I've actually had something similar happen with LH where I book an 014 ticket but when checking / selecting seats in with LH I use their app and then my AC FF# gets removed (I don't have an LH FF account so nothing to switch it to). Then I have to add it back with an agent at the airport before the flight. Happened twice last year and I am flying LH on a 014 ticket again next week and I expect it will happen again - the only reason I noticed was because *G / lounge access was not printed on my BP.

So yeah the OP is a bit over the top trying to go to the CEO but there are ways this can get screwed up that are not necessarily the OPs fault.
FWIW, on my 014 ticket, I put in my SQ # when checking in for the SQ segments via SQ website, which appeared on my SQ BPs, and I put in my UA # when checking in for my later UA->AC segments via the UA site, which appears on both the UA app mobile BPs for the UA and AC segments, but when I entered my PNR and last name into the AC app to get an AC version of the AC BP, it generated a version that has my SQ #. Why does the systems let you have two valid BPs with different FF #s? Why does AC IT pull the SQ # instead of getting the UA # that UA took and clearly saved when UA checked me into the AC segment?

Which is a long, unnecessarily convoluted way of saying numbers can get messed up in the backend and you have to be vigiliant if you care. Don't judge OP for possible tech issues, judge them only for how they handle it.
LETTERBOY, wrp96 and RatherBeInYOW like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
FWIW, on my 014 ticket, I put in my SQ # when checking in for the SQ segments via SQ website, which appeared on my SQ BPs, and I put in my UA # when checking in for my later UA->AC segments via the UA site, which appears on both the UA app mobile BPs for the UA and AC segments, but when I entered my PNR and last name into the AC app to get an AC version of the AC BP, it generated a version that has my SQ #. Why does the systems let you have two valid BPs with different FF #s? Why does AC IT pull the SQ # instead of getting the UA # that UA took and clearly saved when UA checked me into the AC segment?

Which is a long, unnecessarily convoluted way of saying numbers can get messed up in the backend and you have to be vigiliant if you care. Don't judge OP for possible tech issues, judge them only for how they handle it.
That's a "United doesn't use Amadeus" issue.

UA can't seem to push a number to AC after initial booking through any reasonable means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.