Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United flight incorrectly credited to partner airline (AC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle

I recently completed SFO-IAD-YYZ, then returned YYZ-SFO on Air Canada. The full RT booking was a 016 ticket. I received UA flight credit for the outbound SFO-IAD-YYZ, but for some reason, I received AC flight credit for the YYZ-SFO leg. This leg does not show up on my United Activity page. I called AC to cancel the credit, but they said they couldn't help. UA Premier line also said they couldn't help. Is there anything I can do?
Old May 26, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
More info is needed. Did you enter an AC FQTV at any point in time? Did your AC BP show your UA FQTV#? Usually, once a credit is given to another program it is very difficult to change it. Now, sometimes errors happen and things supposedly get credited to non-existent FQTV programs etc. So it'll really matter and why this happened and yes, UA would need to get AC to reverse the credit to make this happen and unless the error was on their end, they will not do that

Last edited by cfischer; May 26, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Old May 26, 2023, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
More info is needed. Did you enter an AC FQTV at any point in time? Did you AC BP show your UA FQTV#? Usually, once a credit is given to another program it is very difficult to change it. Now, sometimes errors happen and things supposedly get credited to non-existent FQTV programs etc. So it'll really matter and why this happened and yes, UA would need to get AC to reverse the credit to make this happen and unless the error was on their end, they will not do that
I did not enter my AC FQTV anywhere. However, I was required to check-in through AC (I do have an Aeroplan account). AC BP did not show any FQTV#, but it did show the flight number as a UA flight (e.g, UA1224). AC BP also shows ticket number as a 016 ticket.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Did you make any changes to the return flight? Talk to an AC agent? Do you still have the BP for the AC flight?

Before UA can change the credit, AC must cancel the AC credit and they are not generally inclined to do that.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did you make any changes to the return flight? Talk to an AC agent? Do you still have the BP for the AC flight?

Before UA can change the credit, AC must cancel the AC credit and they are not generally inclined to do that.
No changes to return flight, did not talk to any AC agent. Yes, I still have BP for AC flight (shows 016 ticket).
Old May 26, 2023, 1:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chemengin
I did not enter my AC FQTV anywhere. However, I was required to check-in through AC (I do have an Aeroplan account). ...
Did you log into your AC account?

AC BP did not show any FQTV#, ...
but it did show the flight number as a UA flight (e.g, UA1224). AC BP also shows ticket number as a 016 ticket.
None of this matters

, then returned YYZ-SFO on Air Canada. ..
Was the return AC operated of UA? That flight number UA1224 isn;t right
Old May 26, 2023, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No changes to return flight, did not talk to any AC agent. Yes, I still have BP for AC flight (shows 016 ticket).
somewhere somehow the ACAP# must have gotten into the reservation. No FQTV# on the BP is strange
Old May 26, 2023, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did you log into your AC account?

None of this matters

Was the return AC operated of UA? That flight number UA1224 isn;t right
Yes, I logged into my AC account. The return flight was AC metal (UA8272).
Old May 26, 2023, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we have identified the problem then. No need to log into an account to check-in.

Was the PQP high? Worth it to chase down? Unless you AC to agree to reverse it there is no chance that UA will credit it to MP.
Old May 26, 2023, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
I think we have identified the problem then. No need to log into an account to check-in.

Was the PQP high? Worth it to chase down? Unless you AC to agree to reverse it there is no chance that UA will credit it to MP.
PQP is high enough to get it corrected. Why would logging into AC cause this issue to occur? I've done this dozens of times in the past with no issues.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Why would logging into AC cause this issue to occur?
Because AC's IT is just so stellar...
rankourabu likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
PQP is high enough to get it corrected. Why would logging into AC cause this issue to occur? I've done this dozens of times in the past with no issues.
For whatever reason, your AC frequent flyer number got inserted. Had this happen before although with another alliance. Bought via Delta, but flew KLM.Had accounts for both. Logging in via KLM/FB account to view seats, it changed my ff # to the FB # vs DL #... 3 or 4 calls to DL finally got me SkyMiles after the fact.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
At any point did you ‘add’ the booking to your AC account with the field at the top of the My Bookings page? Doing so will add AC FQTV to the PNR.
Old May 27, 2023, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
At any point did you ‘add’ the booking to your AC account with the field at the top of the My Bookings page? Doing so will add AC FQTV to the PNR.
Yes, this looks like this might be the root cause. I did add the booking to AC as this was the only way I was able to make a seat selection for this flight. However, I've done this in the past many times with no issue, so this is unusual. I suppose in the future it is best to not add the booking to any partner page?
Old May 27, 2023, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bradhattan
For whatever reason, your AC frequent flyer number got inserted. Had this happen before although with another alliance. Bought via Delta, but flew KLM.Had accounts for both. Logging in via KLM/FB account to view seats, it changed my ff # to the FB # vs DL #... 3 or 4 calls to DL finally got me SkyMiles after the fact.
FWIW,
It’s a known issue that if you are logged into an AirFrance Flying Blue account on the app and bring up a reservation you want to credit to Delta, the FB account gets inserted and it becomes VERY difficult to remove. And that’s before even flying.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.