Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:21 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by theranj
Joys of living on the Island - flight AC8028 cancelled Friday morning @ 0630 due to weather...nothing you can do about that, but I can't get another flight until 1515 and landing in YYZ after midnight. So instead, I get to catch a morning ferry to the mainland and make my way to the airport.

First world problems...kinda...here's the real FWP...I purposely booked a Comfort/Y ticket as I'm heading to the fights and got a good deal. Between J (4) and PY (14), there were 13 spots open...I think I was on the border for J, but clear and free for PY once those J's cleared. Now I'm on a sold out flight in a cattle seat. Hopefully ferries aren't cancelled in the AM
If you can get to YVR by 0900-0915, I say you might have a shot on AC 108, especially if it’s FIN704/C-FIVK operating.

Company thinks AC 34 can turn into AC 108 for an Ontime Departure 🙄

0938 Estimated Arrival (AC 34) for a 0900 Scheduled Departure. (AC 108)

EDIT - AC 108 now delayed to 1120 👍

To put into perspective how much snow has fallen.
This was taken Wednesday (1/17) afternoon when I was at YVR during the 11.25 inches/28cm Snow Day.
And there was barely a Trace on the Ground prior to Wednesday.

May the Upgrade Gods be Ever in Your Favor 🤲
arf04 likes this.

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Jan 19, 2024 at 2:48 am
Old Jan 19, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by zam
That is what I'm not certain about either and is why I said that AC only "should" be willing to reschedule...please let us know, if you do try.
In the end we stuck with the original flights as booked, especially as the TP flight we would have needed to avoid FRA zeroed out while I was pondering things. Thus, I don’t have an answer to the question.

4Y did us a big favour by flying in an empty plane ahead of the weather chaos at FRA on Wednesday so ultimately we made it all the way back to YQR as planned with only a bit of a delay on our final flight. I would have been ok with a few more days in Tenerife, but it is better for many reasons to get home sooner vs later.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
If you can get to YVR by 0900-0915, I say you might have a shot on AC 108, especially if it’s FIN704/C-FIVK operating.
I saw AC 108 last night and was trying to figure it out - best case I could have got to the airport at 8-815, too close to risk it.

Bad news - we got another dump between 10pm-1am
Good news - We got plowed just after 1am
Best news - 1 seat opened up on the puddle hopper at 9am this morning so I was able to call in and grab it
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I saw AC 108 last night and was trying to figure it out - best case I could have got to the airport at 8-815, too close to risk it.

Bad news - we got another dump between 10pm-1am
Good news - We got plowed just after 1am
Best news - 1 seat opened up on the puddle hopper at 9am this morning so I was able to call in and grab it
Another burst of Snow on the Island, wow 😳
Does Hullo or BC Ferries work better to get over at 0600?

Bad News - 108 is now a 788, OUCH!
Good News- There’s a new replacement 2064 which is a 789 😄
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Another burst of Snow on the Island, wow 😳
Does Hullo or BC Ferries work better to get over at 0600?

Bad News - 108 is now a 788, OUCH!
Good News- There’s a new replacement 2064 which is a 789 😄
The first Hullo of the day is 700-810... waking to Skytrain and the ensuing train ride.. your best case is getting to YVR at 0900 for a connecting flight

BC Ferries has a 515-715 ferry. Then you have rush hour traffic for a taxi/uber, or waiting 30m for an hour transit ride... best case is probably 800 if your willing to pay, ride 900 for cheap.

There are also sea planes/helijet, both of which have terminals at YVR. Going off memory you could likely get to terminal 830... only done it once quite a while ago
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:32 pm

The first Hullo of the day is 700-810... waking to Skytrain and the ensuing train ride.. your best case is getting to YVR at 0900 for a connecting flight

BC Ferries has a 515-715 ferry. Then you have rush hour traffic for a taxi/uber, or waiting 30m for an hour transit ride... best case is probably 800 if your willing to pay, ride 900 for cheap.

There are also sea planes/helijet, both of which have terminals at YVR. Going off memory you could likely get to terminal 830... only done it once quite a while ago
And this is why we pay the YVR Premium LOL
Any shape or form is minimum 2 hrs

Did you get one of the J seats on 2064?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:44 pm

And this is why we pay the YVR Premium LOL
Any shape or form is minimum 2 hrs

Did you get one of the J seats on 2064?
haha yes it's better to sit on MLL for 2 hrs than go thru all that. Although with my initial leg delay I got to gate as they were starting boarding. Was able to grab coffee and snacks from the coffee shop next to gate c45.

And no on the eUp. Enjoying row 32 while we roll to de ice bay
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: AC, DL, AA
Wink EF notes for AC1644 cancellation (YYZ-MIA) on Jan 20?

Any kind soul with a paid EF subscription who could provide me with the cancellation notes for AC1644 on 20Jan2024? It would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Also, for the EF experts out there, is there a way to tell which fins/registered aircraft were filed/scheduled to operate the cancelled flight? Given the many swaps of fins (as per the AC app/flight status--which can be unreliable, of course--it seems they were playing the "we definitely have at least one aircraft of the type scheduled to operate your flight that has some unforeseen safety issue, somewhere in the network. And we also don't want to pay VDB/IDB on this one, because out model overestimated by how much to overbook this flight).
Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:49 am

Scheduled: 24/01/20 12:00 Estimated: 24/01/20 12:00 Actual:
Scheduled: 24/01/20 15:25 Estimated:
Actual:
AC 1644 Canceled YYZ
Term: 1
Gate: F65
59% / 81m MIA
Term: S
Gate: H12 Baggage: 1
Comments:
DOAC1644/20JAN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * AC1644 0 SA 20JAN24
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 0615
PERF
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* AC1644 0 SA 20JAN24 ASM
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
YYZ 1200 SA JCDZPR/M Y/F 321 3:25
BMUHQVWSTLK/F
G/F F/-
MIA 1525 SA 3:25
COMMENTS-
1.YYZ MIA - AIRCRAFT OWNER AIR CANADA ROUGE
2.YYZ MIA - OPERATED BY AIR CANADA ROUGE
1.YYZ MIA - AIRCRAFT OWNER AIR CANADA ROUGE
3.YYZ MIA - DEPARTS TERMINAL 1
4.YYZ MIA - MCT FLIGHT TRACKING I/D
5.YYZ MIA - 3/ ENTERTAINMENT ON DEMAND
6.YYZ MIA - 9/ NON-SMOKING
7.YYZ MIA - 12/ IN-SEAT POWER SOURCE
8.YYZ MIA - 18/ WI-FI
9.YYZ MIA - SECURED FLIGHT
10.YYZ MIA - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
11.YYZ MIA - J12Y184
12.YYZ MIA - CO2/PAX* 180.58 KG ECO, 180.58 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
321 J 12 Y 184
NovacYTO and kalderlake like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:11 pm

Looks like C-GXZD is having issues after being put back into service, cancelled two days in a row (today and yesterday for maintenance issues trying to return from BOG, was AC 2095 today). FIN 931 to the rescue tomorrow
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by maritimerflyer
Looks like C-GXZD is having issues after being put back into service, cancelled two days in a row (today and yesterday for maintenance issues trying to return from BOG, was AC 2095 today). FIN 931 to the rescue tomorrow
Seems like a theme with the A330’s that have been stored.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Last week, within a five day span, I received a total of $120 in meal vouchers. I'll keep them for another day and airport where AC flies to without an MLL or *G lounge.

The average delay was just over three hours, with one being 13.25 hours. Only one of those flights were cancelled, and that was within 12 hours of departure. The part that sucked is that I lost my confirmed eUpgrade because AC then decided on my behalf what is a "better" itinerary for me. I had to call in and get one of my original flights back, but had to go on the upgrade waitlist again... and missed out.
It was a small miracle as I had single flight bookings stacked on top of each other and I never missed any of those flights. It helps when literally every flight in your itinerary gets delayed!
For the 13.25 hour delay, I had luckily (no specific reason) booked a large buffer of over a day before the next flight.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: Air Canada, British Airways, Qatar, Emirates, Delta
Red face Will we be protected by Air Canada in Narita?

Flying from YYZ to CGK via NRT early Feb. Two tickets, under one PNR, issued by AC.

YYZ - NRT on AC and NRT - CGK on NH (ANA). Both flights are direct and non-stop.

Believe that it's the same Terminal. MCT in NRT appears to be 45 minutes.

If AC flight arrives at NRT on time from YYZ, will have 55 minutes to make the NH flight from NRT to CGK - very tight and we may have to sprint from gate to gate. Seems deplaning passengers must go through a security screening.

Q1: Will AC protect us if their flight is late and we miss the NH flight?
Q2: If YES to above, will they provide vouchers for Hotel, and Transport to/from Hotel and Meals?
Q3: Will they book us on next available non-stop NRT - CGK flight (JL next day in the morning)?

Appreciate any/all feedback on this matter - THX
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by peaceonearth1
Q1: Will AC protect us if their flight is late and we miss the NH flight?
Q2: If YES to above, will they provide vouchers for Hotel, and Transport to/from Hotel and Meals?
Q3: Will they book us on next available non-stop NRT - CGK flight (JL next day in the morning)?

Appreciate any/all feedback on this matter - THX
NRT connection security is much easier than immigrations. However, in the past 12 months, if we hadn't been among the first off the plane, this would have taken 30+ min in itself.

1) AC systems often don't always do much ahead of time if you depart late. Upon arrival they will likely dump misconnect reaccomodations on to their NRT staff who are also busy loading a late planeload of people back to Canada.

2) I wouldn't expect it to be done quickly, but in most prior cases, misconnects unrelated to weather etc at NRT get hotel / meals / transit. Unless there are alot of misconmects. In which case.... airport cots & late night closed restaurants!

3) CAN they rebook a oneworld flight? sure. WILL they if a *A carrier has open seats deparing NRT within 24hrs? An upper Aeroplan status tier customer in Business class? sure. Others....hmm.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: Air Canada, British Airways, Qatar, Emirates, Delta
Appreciate your feedback expert7700!

1) If it looks like AC flight from YYZ will be than 90 minutes late, is it worth getting the AC staff in YYZ to do some thing?
2) Good to hear!
3) Our return ticket features a JL flight from CGK to NRT and then AC to YYZ. Will that help the situation with booking an outbound oneworld flight in case we miss teh NH flight due to AC being late? Unfortunately no longer have any status and are not flying in J class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.