Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Not sure I'd call 40+ minutes "in and around the same time"... ?
Weather can change significantly over a short period of time.
Why AC didn't circuit + try again? That I don't know but I suspect depends on a number of factors.
Porter is the new Eastern Provincial Airways then.

Back in the day, in YHZ, it would go like this:

"Air Canada announces the cancellation of Flight xxxx to YYYYY due to weather."

30 seconds later.

"Eastern Provincial Airways would like to announce we are still flying too YYYYY on Flight XXXXX. Come see us over at Gate zzzzz"
Wigg likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by taupo
YHZ is an AC cluster.
My AC 619 bailed with one approach and diverted to YUL
In and around the same time Sunwings landed as did Porter.
Porter tried hard and made it
AC pilots tend to be older. Which means they have died less.
cedric, expert7700, msat and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 9:38 am

Last night's HNL-YYZ stops in YVR.
https://www.flightaware.com/live/fli...740Z/PHNL/CYVR
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:42 am

AC564 cancelled today, AC566 swapped from 7M8 to 77L. Still 28/40 in J and 0/24 in PY, with 7 names on the list currently.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: AC SE
Old news: January 7, AC877 LYS-YUL cancelled as the outbound flight went mechanical in YUL. I got to sit on AC843 in Y on an I fare, while my wife enjoyed my eUp in J on an N fare.

AC203 cancelled for unknown reason.
AC205 cancelled as the right hand motor wouldn't start after de-icing.

AC is on a roll with my tickets so far...
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tracon
There's a "Flight deck crew shortage" notation in EF, but unsure where (HNL or YVR) that shortage existed.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Not a good start to my first trip this year with AC.
AC1701 on 08 Jan - more than a 2 hr dep delay followed by 1hr at LAS waiting for a gate. Reason given was late arriving aircraft with a medical emergency.
AC1700 on 15 Jan - rolling delay, currently 3hr 40mins delay. Let's see what the final dep time will be. Reason is 'operational delay'.
Can someone please look up the delay reasons? Want to see if I am entitled to compensation.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
AC1701 on 08 Jan - more than a 2 hr dep delay followed by 1hr at LAS waiting for a gate. Reason given was late arriving aircraft with a medical emergency.
AC1700 on 15 Jan - rolling delay, currently 3hr 40mins delay. Let's see what the final dep time will be. Reason is 'operational delay'.
Can someone please look up the delay reasons? Want to see if I am entitled to compensation.
For 1701:

YYZ ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1630
DELAY 05
DELAY DEPARTURE STATION
DELAY FLIGHT DECK CREW SPECIAL REQUEST
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1823 LAS
LAS AIRCRAFT EXPECTED AT GATE 1831
There's nothing useful for 1700 today. Just an internal 05 code that has no explanation.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
For 1701:

There's nothing useful for 1700 today. Just an internal 05 code that has no explanation.
Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Delay is now 6hrs and the reason has changed from the generic operational issues to weather related due to incoming flight.
Some of my team has their flight canceled from LAS to YYZ a few days back too.

Edit: And now the flight is cancelled. What a .... show. 2 hr delay, 3 hr delay, 4 hr delay, 5 hr delay, 6 hr delay and then cancel. Could have gone out on the WestJet flight and now no direct option till the red eye.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 15, 2024 at 7:56 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
There's a "Flight deck crew shortage" notation in EF, but unsure where (HNL or YVR) that shortage existed.
HNL-YYZ would most likely need 3 pilots.
If one took ill in Hawaii........
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:48 am

Programs: AC*SE
What sources are there for the delay reasons? i know EF publishes them, but that's only one day in the past. Is there a source look further back than that?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
What sources are there for the delay reasons? i know EF publishes them, but that's only one day in the past. Is there a source look further back than that?
EF will usually go back two calendar days. But there's no publicly available source for delays that goes back further.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:21 pm

Looks like AC is proactively canceling YVR departures for the upcoming snow fall.
Several late this evening and most of tomorrow mornings flights are affected.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:06 pm

We are on a 014 ticket tomorrow via FRA to YYZ and LH has cancelled the inbound but not the outbound as of yet. As the flight we are on is a straight out and back if the aircraft isn’t coming then we are definitely not going back tomorrow. I’d like to be proactive but I can see how, logically, AC won’t be willing to rebook us onto an alternate route that would allow us to leave tomorrow? We are in TFS, which is not the worst place to get stuck for a few days of course… but if we can get rebooked onto TP via LIS we should avoid the worst weather in Western Europe and still get back to canada on schedule.

So, my question: is there any point in calling AC before the LH/4Y flight we are on tomorrow is actually cancelled? I can’t see that it will operate given the status of the inbound. We are on a J booking and E50 if that makes any difference. It was certainly a good week to be away from western Canada!

Edit to add: it looks like LH/4Y are sending the plane in tonight so that explains the lack of a cancellation.

Last edited by arf04; Jan 16, 2024 at 2:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.