Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by RL106
AC101 for 7am tmr just got cancelled. That's what I get for booking the redemption as two 1ways. Now what...

Edit: And now it's saying we're checked-in for AC2101 that leaves at the same time. Cowtool and AC pulls an error. So that's interesting. But the app pulls up bording passes.
And now the replacement flight is leaving 4.5 hrs late. Any downside to taking the offered meal vouchers?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Air Mauritius on Aeroplan reward

Hi. So, I'm booked Paris-Mauritius (CDG-MRU) June 3 with Air Mauritius on the A350 on an Aeroplan reward points ticket in J class. Air Mauritius has been having aircraft issues and cancelling flights, and getting wet and dry leases. If they cancel my June flight, what normally happens, or should happen, to passengers on reward bookings on that flight? Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:02 am

CDG-MRU for lack of a better description, is the airlines flagship route.
10? flights/week in the summer.

If your flight is cancelled days in advance, AE should treat it as any other schedule change.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tracon
CDG-MRU for lack of a better description, is the airlines flagship route.
10? flights/week in the summer.

If your flight is cancelled days in advance, AE should treat it as any other schedule change.
yes, but every single one of them has been cancelled over the past 5 days, tho I see today's flight has departed. How does AE normally treat a schedule change?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:57 am
zam

Normally they will accommodate you on any AC flight which won't help into Mauritius, or on available Aeroplan reward space, which would be equally tough. I had a reward flight out of Mauritius cancelled on me last year and Aeroplan could not book any workaround so I had to completely redo my itinerary and hit other countries instead. Obviously, most people don't have that flexibility.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Yesterday was booked IAH-YUL-YYZ in J. Flight 581/582 was initially delayed then got a morning message that it was cancelled and I'd be rebooked within 30 minutes. I know better than believe that, so called in and got rebooked IAH-DFW-YYZ and it looks like the AC braintrust was going to rebook me in Y on 582 the next day without an onward to YYZ.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
741 YYZ-SFO pushed at T-7. FlightAware says T-10, but I'm using our actual "push" time. So objectively early.

We also started boarding right on time, which was annoying because I hadn't even sat down in the MLL.

Probably helped that Y is only booked to like 50%.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:17 am

AC 104 also pushed at T-7 today. Flight was full enough that I received multiple communications to check my carry-on. I was still waiting for my BP to be printed when boarding started.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:40 am

AC7921 - Odds of delay on Eclipse Day

My eclipse plan was to head to Fort Erie for totality, but that is starting to look iffy.

I grabbed one of the early morning flights from Toronto to Fredericton to get down there; I can work at the airport and then head outside.

The return flight is AC7921 ... departure of 445pm .... right at totality.

The flight seems to mostly operate on time. Highly unlikely that the pilot would do a flight delay, right?

I'd throw away that Aeroplan return (via Montreal) and have seats on the 12pm not stop to YYZ the next day....

Does anyone have any thoughts? Is it a pipe dream that a pilot would see fit to do a delay?

jc
Old Apr 5, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: AC 75K, FB Gold, BW Diamond Select
As nice as it would be for the pilot to wait for the eclipse to pass, I fully suspect they would depart when the plane is ready, regardless of the position of the moon and sun at the time.
Pearson usually has ATC flow restrictions at that time of day, so it could be a major delay if they don't depart when their slot is open.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: TK *G
Unless the delayed is posted well in advance, you may still need to be sitting on the aircraft or waiting near the gate around the scheduled departure time.

I know this isn't what you are originally asking for, but other than YFC, there are quite a few places along the eclipse belt with favourable weather forecast, and are just a short drive from GTA, such as the north shore of Lake Erie, and Brockville/Cornwall area. Montreal and Eastern Townships in Quebec are also forecasted to have sunny weather.

Last edited by songsc; Apr 5, 2024 at 9:13 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
AC 107 cancelled. Why?

Anyone know why this flight was cancelled today?
https://www.flightaware.com/live/fli...410Z/CYYZ/CYVR
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ticu
Anyone know why this flight was cancelled today?
https://www.flightaware.com/live/fli...410Z/CYYZ/CYVR
​​​​​​
AC app says Fin803 was going to operate AC107 today, but cancelled due to an unexpected maintenance issue with your aircraft.

Obviously (sarcasm) not within the airline's control. And AC would never stretch the truth to try to avoid APPR claims.
​​​​​​
oh, wait.. never mind the fact that instead of your 10AM departure, the same airplane took off at 8:43AM to operate AC966 YYZ to Bridgetown, Barbados. https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/CGHPU

​​​
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
​​​​​​
AC app says Fin803 was going to operate AC107 today, but cancelled due to an unexpected maintenance issue with your aircraft.

Obviously (sarcasm) not within the airline's control. And AC would never stretch the truth to try to avoid APPR claims.
​​​​​​
oh, wait.. never mind the fact that instead of your 10AM departure, the same airplane took off at 8:43AM to operate AC966 YYZ to Bridgetown, Barbados. https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/CGHPU

​​​
Also they cancelled Sunday 14 April flight. What is going on ?
I fly 107 in 11 days.

Last edited by ticu; Apr 12, 2024 at 11:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:00 am

This flight, AC 107, continues to be cancelled today and tomorrow.
I haven't received yet any schedule update for my booking which is10 days from today.
Anybody able to explain or guess what's happening behind the scenes, and what I should be expecting regarding my travel? THANKS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.