Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
As of January 28, 2024
As of April 10, 2024

Where's My Package?
For those who have come to this thread for information on receiving your 2024 packages in the mail, AC is still sending them out. Yes, consistently inconsistent, and competently incompetent.
There is no change in the design of the luggage tags or membership card. The only new item is a keychain card (see below for a picture).

Stop your whining about having physical cards
Just because YOU have NEVER been asked to furnish a physical card doesn't mean that nobody needs a physical card. Also, just because YOU can't think of a reason, doesn't mean that there is no reason. This has been an ongoing, pedantic, and incessant dialogue in this forum for years. If you've never been asked for your card, you probably haven't flown enough, especially on other *A airlines in other parts of the world. SO STOP IT.

The Great 75K Debacle of 2024 tl;dr (if you're rolling your eyes, relax; this is tongue in cheek)

For those who believe that they received a 75K package in error, here's the tl;dr version (this thread is a painful read, so read the entire thread if you're a masochist like me (yyznomad)):
  • Check your online account and the AC App - if it shows you're 75K even though you expected to reflect a lower status level, then 75K is yours for 2024!
  • Unofficial reports: AC acknowledging their mistake in sending out 75K packages to those who were 75K in 2023 but didn't requalify for 75K in 2024
  • Unofficial reports: AC confirming that they are allowing these mistake 75Ks to keep 75K status for 2024.
  • Those who fall in the above cohort have confirmed that their online status shows as 75K and were provided with 75K benefit selections, so although we haven't had any official proof from AC, the reported evidence is mounting...
  • Others have reported being lower than 75K in 2023 but still getting a bump to 75K for 2024. There may be other reasons for this that are not necessarily related to the aforementioned "mistake" 75K debacle:
    • For example, you may have been near the 75K threshold in at least one of the *QM categories in 2023, and AC gave you a freebie bump up (this would be status quo to prior years, so nothing new)
  • There are reports of account glitches where one gets to choose benefits twice and have "doubled up" on benefits, such as eUps. This may or may not be related to the aforementioned mistake 75K debacle.
  • Conjecture: Based on the anecdotal evidence so far, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that AC just gave more bump ups to 75K because they couldn't contain or fix the original mistake-75K issue properly.

2024 Keychain Card
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
They are just a keychain.

the backside of the keychain has
- One’s Aeroplan Number
- Expiry Month/Year
- First name initial and Last Name
- Barcode

*This photo is sponsored by the ‘Inclusion for All 75K’ Advocacy Group 🤝

Print Wikipost

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
No SE card to the Philippines. Getting annoying as it's now almost April.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I qualified for 35K, but used the parental status extension to be bumped back up to Super Elite. I have received 0 packages so far. I will cross MM any day now, so maybe I'll get that one.
expert7700 and Wigg like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
SE MM in Calgary, still no package and next mail will be April. Also still waiting for m 200,000 mile rollover from December.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by folkart
SE MM in Calgary, still no package and next mail will be April. Also still waiting for m 200,000 mile rollover from December.
That's a bummer--have you reached out on their social media accounts (but even they seem to be hit and miss these days)? At some point not having what you are due will make a difference to your 2024 travels. That kind of delay is inexcusable.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Programs: AC 75K
Legit 75K here, still no package in YXE.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
That's a bummer--have you reached out on their social media accounts (but even they seem to be hit and miss these days)? At some point not having what you are due will make a difference to your 2024 travels. That kind of delay is inexcusable.
I guess there is a point to 'getting what you are due', but really, what's in the package that is of any value? Spoiler alert...it's a nothing of import letter from Mark Nasr, a membership card (that also exists on the App), a couple of bag tags and the thingeys to attach them, and this year the super bonus is a mini key-tag that I guess you can attach to your key chain so when you drop your BMW keys and sunglasses on the bar everyone will know you are an AC SE, so now you're extra special.

99% of what comes to you in the 'package' gets recycled immediately so I wish they would just do away with the whole thing to save the un-necessary expense of creating + mailing them, and the un-necessary environmental burden of delivering them and getting rid of them.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada
Well sometimes lounges (not UA or AC) requires physical hard copies of your elite card, they don't accept digital and have been turned away from access into *G lounges, so although it's sometimes of no value, other times there are definite value to have the physical membership card on hand.

Originally Posted by billdokes
I guess there is a point to 'getting what you are due', but really, what's in the package that is of any value? Spoiler alert...it's a nothing of import letter from Mark Nasr, a membership card (that also exists on the App), a couple of bag tags and the thingeys to attach them, and this year the super bonus is a mini key-tag that I guess you can attach to your key chain so when you drop your BMW keys and sunglasses on the bar everyone will know you are an AC SE, so now you're extra special.

99% of what comes to you in the 'package' gets recycled immediately so I wish they would just do away with the whole thing to save the un-necessary expense of creating + mailing them, and the un-necessary environmental burden of delivering them and getting rid of them.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MastaAds
Well sometimes lounges (not UA or AC) requires physical hard copies of your elite card, they don't accept digital and have been turned away from access into *G lounges, so although it's sometimes of no value, other times there are definite value to have the physical membership card on hand.
Yes, I have heard these tales of horror, fortunately for me in the past 2000 flights over the last 15+ years, across 5 continents, on AC and many partners, I have never been asked or required to produce my physical card once to gain lounge access or for any other purpose...but I'm just a sample size of 1.

I still contend the whole thing should be electronic.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus

I totally agree with most of this and would have little concern about the delay other than getting the physical card. Over the years I have had the occasional time when I wasn't in J and the lounge wanted to see the physical card. Shouldn't be the case but in places like Kathmandu and Guatemala City it can happen. I'm leaving in 7 days to Thailand and Nepal so while unlikely to need my physical card it is a distinct possibility it may be needed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
This thread reminded me of calling in and requesting my updated tags and card.
flyingcrooked and DrNest like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by folkart
I totally agree with most of this and would have little concern about the delay other than getting the physical card. Over the years I have had the occasional time when I wasn't in J and the lounge wanted to see the physical card. Shouldn't be the case but in places like Kathmandu and Guatemala City it can happen. I'm leaving in 7 days to Thailand and Nepal so while unlikely to need my physical card it is a distinct possibility it may be needed.
Yeah, I don't know why this has to keep coming up. The package contains the physical card. And just because someone (in their "thousands of flights") has never been asked for a physical card, does not mean it doesn't happen.

I've only had the problem a handful of times, and some of the issues have been solved (like when the BP said "SE" instead of "SE - AC*G"). But I've had UA, LH, and TG all ask for a physical card at one point or another.

It's not an unreasonable request to either expect them to:
1. send you a card on time every year
2. take a look at your 6 banked years of SE and just send you an SE card that expires in the 30s.
3. take a look at your MM status and send you a 50K card (along with the regular annual SE card) that expires in 5-10 years with a note saying "just in case anything gets lost in the mail in the future, this will get you into all partner lounges"
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
another data point: 50K friend still has not received their package
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, I don't know why this has to keep coming up. The package contains the physical card. And just because someone (in their "thousands of flights") has never been asked for a physical card, does not mean it doesn't happen.

I've only had the problem a handful of times, and some of the issues have been solved (like when the BP said "SE" instead of "SE - AC*G"). But I've had UA, LH, and TG all ask for a physical card at one point or another.

It's not an unreasonable request to either expect them to:
1. send you a card on time every year
2. take a look at your 6 banked years of SE and just send you an SE card that expires in the 30s.
3. take a look at your MM status and send you a 50K card (along with the regular annual SE card) that expires in 5-10 years with a note saying "just in case anything gets lost in the mail in the future, this will get you into all partner lounges"
No, it's not an unreasonable request so long as there are the rare exceptions you state where a physical card is required. That said, my point really is it's 2024, there is no reason why this cannot all be electronic. Other than the mag stripe, if it even works, what is different with the physical card than what is on my phone with the QR code? That combined with my BP (which should also ideally be on my phone) should suffice in any situation.

It must cost several millions of $$ annually to create, print and distribute these packages, of which 90% winds up in the recycle bin, so I contend there must be a better way.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 31, 2024 at 8:03 am Reason: Fixed quote
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
What if your phone is dead or broken? What if there is a system glitch, or downed network? The physical card is all the proof you need to access the benefits regardless of circumstances like above. Then there is the fact that there can be many airlines involved all around the world. AC can't enforce its own policies, let alone those of another airline on another continent. The card is still needed in 2024.
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
No, it's not an unreasonable request so long as there are the rare exceptions you state where a physical card is required. That said, my point really is it's 2024, there is no reason why this cannot all be electronic. Other than the mag stripe, if it even works, what is different with the physical card than what is on my phone with the QR code? That combined with my BP (which should also ideally be on my phone) should suffice in any situation.

It must cost several millions of $$ annually to create, print and distribute these packages, of which 90% winds up in the recycle bin, so I contend there must be a better way.

Honestly, who cares? What's it to some here who would kill their first born to not have cards sent to people? So we get the card and people still get asked for it. It is what it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.