Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
As of January 28, 2024
As of April 10, 2024

Where's My Package?
For those who have come to this thread for information on receiving your 2024 packages in the mail, AC is still sending them out. Yes, consistently inconsistent, and competently incompetent.
There is no change in the design of the luggage tags or membership card. The only new item is a keychain card (see below for a picture).

Stop your whining about having physical cards
Just because YOU have NEVER been asked to furnish a physical card doesn't mean that nobody needs a physical card. Also, just because YOU can't think of a reason, doesn't mean that there is no reason. This has been an ongoing, pedantic, and incessant dialogue in this forum for years. If you've never been asked for your card, you probably haven't flown enough, especially on other *A airlines in other parts of the world. SO STOP IT.

The Great 75K Debacle of 2024 tl;dr (if you're rolling your eyes, relax; this is tongue in cheek)

For those who believe that they received a 75K package in error, here's the tl;dr version (this thread is a painful read, so read the entire thread if you're a masochist like me (yyznomad)):
  • Check your online account and the AC App - if it shows you're 75K even though you expected to reflect a lower status level, then 75K is yours for 2024!
  • Unofficial reports: AC acknowledging their mistake in sending out 75K packages to those who were 75K in 2023 but didn't requalify for 75K in 2024
  • Unofficial reports: AC confirming that they are allowing these mistake 75Ks to keep 75K status for 2024.
  • Those who fall in the above cohort have confirmed that their online status shows as 75K and were provided with 75K benefit selections, so although we haven't had any official proof from AC, the reported evidence is mounting...
  • Others have reported being lower than 75K in 2023 but still getting a bump to 75K for 2024. There may be other reasons for this that are not necessarily related to the aforementioned "mistake" 75K debacle:
    • For example, you may have been near the 75K threshold in at least one of the *QM categories in 2023, and AC gave you a freebie bump up (this would be status quo to prior years, so nothing new)
  • There are reports of account glitches where one gets to choose benefits twice and have "doubled up" on benefits, such as eUps. This may or may not be related to the aforementioned mistake 75K debacle.
  • Conjecture: Based on the anecdotal evidence so far, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that AC just gave more bump ups to 75K because they couldn't contain or fix the original mistake-75K issue properly.

2024 Keychain Card
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
They are just a keychain.

the backside of the keychain has
- One’s Aeroplan Number
- Expiry Month/Year
- First name initial and Last Name
- Barcode

*This photo is sponsored by the ‘Inclusion for All 75K’ Advocacy Group 🤝

Print Wikipost

2024 Elite Packages Arriving [75K packages may be sent in error]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Anyone know when we can select benefits, access the upgrades?

Received my package two weeks ago. I have early Jan flights I'd like to upgrade and my current eups expire 3 days before my flight.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by *Fan
I got 75K welcome package for 2024 today but don't think I requalified. I had a segment run planned next week to get me to 50k. I'm on hold with Aeroplan to confirm if I requalified some other way...
This also happened to me but the app still says 2023 expiry date. I definitely did not miss any emails, nor did I get my Aeroplan unwrapped email.
ark8753 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Burgertime
Just check on the app. The electronic version of the card would have the 2024 expiration date if you have requalified.
Electronic version in AirCanada App has Dec 31 2023 expiration, but new card and key tag have 12/2024 expiration. Phone rep could not confirm anything. ..What are the Black card promotions referenced by others?
Has anybody heard of Aeroplan mistakenly upgrading a member to a higher tier? I've heard of elite recognition being slow, but not accelerated...
ark8753 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
new card and key tag have 12/2024 expiration. Phone rep could not confirm anything. ..
Last year the membership mailing we got (replacement card) said Dec 2023 a month or more before the digital card or counters even said we qualfiied.

This year for us, the app shows 12/31/2023 for us, website shows 12/30/2023 (Glad we aren't planning to fly NYE...)
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Electronic version in AirCanada App has Dec 31 2023 expiration, but new card and key tag have 12/2024 expiration. Phone rep could not confirm anything. ..What are the Black card promotions referenced by others?
Has anybody heard of Aeroplan mistakenly upgrading a member to a higher tier? I've heard of elite recognition being slow, but not accelerated...

[Targeted promo] Aeroplan Status Extension 2024 or Earn SQX through Co-Branded CC
Old Dec 28, 2023, 8:44 am

I think Air Canada inadvertently sent 75K renewal packages to current 75Kers that didn't actually requalify.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by gigafishing
I think Air Canada inadvertently sent 75K renewal packages to current 75Kers that didn't actually requalify.
Confirmed, an employee of mine went from 75k to 50k but just received the 75k welcome package with the letter from Mark Nasr congratulating him for reaching 75k...
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jimba
Confirmed, an employee of mine went from 75k to 50k but just received the 75k welcome package with the letter from Mark Nasr congratulating him for reaching 75k...
I wonder how many people this impacted and if they will try to walk it back or honour their mistake?
Rujbkk likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by billdokes
I wonder how many people this impacted and if they will try to walk it back or honour their mistake?
Honor it, like, not make them send the kits back?

If they qualified for 75K, the system will show they're 75K. If they qualified for 50K, it will show 50K.
zrh2yvr, Bohemian1 and kalderlake like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Same deal here. Current 75K, dropping to 50K, but just received the 75K package for 2024. I can just picture that arguments at the checkin desk now when someone who received a 75K package, gets a BP with 50K printed on it.
D404 and ark8753 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Same deal here. Current 75K, dropping to 50K, but just received the 75K package for 2024. I can just picture that arguments at the checkin desk now when someone who received a 75K package, gets a BP with 50K printed on it.
dumpster fire in 2024?? Mark Nasr signed the letters so he can make it right..
Rujbkk likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Bonvoy E Gold
Aeroplan status glitch?

I am currently E75K expiring on Dec 31, 2023. I did not qualify for any status over the past year. However, I just got a 75K welcome package in the mail with new cards saying expiry December 31, 2024. Anyone else experiencing this? Would Air Canada honour this error?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Rujbkk
I am currently E75K expiring on Dec 31, 2023. I did not qualify for any status over the past year. However, I just got a 75K welcome package in the mail with new cards saying expiry December 31, 2024. Anyone else experiencing this? Would Air Canada honour this error?
I would suggest you read the thread prior to posting.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Bonvoy E Gold
Thanks

Originally Posted by SearsTower
I would suggest you read the thread prior to posting.
Thanks. So friendly. I did read and check before starting a new thread. For some reason, this thread didn’t display to me until I came back to see if there were any replies.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I am a current 75k member. I just go a 75k package today and only qualified for 50k in 2024 as of now. Date on the card is Dec. 2024, digital card is 2023.

I watch the promo emails and like to think I know my way around the program.

I selected lower re-qualification, and hit the 45 sectors to get 50k for 2023. I have an infinite level aeroplan CC too. Not sure if i'm missing something or this is a massive error.

I'm assuming there are a lot of 75k people who qualified through the 2 for 1 sectors during covid like I did. I hate to slide down to 50k, but at least it's still star alliance gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.