Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[Targeted promo] Aeroplan Status Extension 2024 or Earn SQX through Co-Branded CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted promo] Aeroplan Status Extension 2024 or Earn SQX through Co-Branded CC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold

Just received an email from Aeroplan. Not sure how widespread this is, but it says if I earn 10,000 points from eligible purchases with your Aeroplan credit card now through October 31, 2023, you'll maintain your current Aeroplan Elite Status through 2024.

I've got the CIBC VIP card.

Moderator note: this appears somewhat similar to a promo run in 2022, and posts up to this one have been carved out from that thread.
afrique soleil and jlimftalk like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 24, 2023 at 8:21 am Reason: Add moderator note
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Benner
Just received an email from Aeroplan. Not sure how widespread this is, but it says if I earn 10,000 points from eligible purchases with your Aeroplan credit card now through October 31, 2023, you'll maintain your current Aeroplan Elite Status through 2024.

Same promo with a TD VIP
jlimftalk likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Details from the bottom of the email:

The Aeroplan Credit Card Maintain Your Status Offer (the “Offer”) is intended for and will only apply to the Aeroplan Elite member who is also the primary cardholder of an eligible Aeroplan co-branded credit card (the “Aeroplan Cobranded Credit Card”). The Offer is valid between September 1, 2023 at 00:01 EST and October 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST (inclusive) (the “Offer Period”). To qualify for this Offer and maintain your Aeroplan Elite status level through December 31, 2024, you must earn at least 10,000 Aeroplan points on eligible Aeroplan Co‑Branded Credit Card purchases (net of returns) posted to your Aeroplan account throughout the Offer Period (“Eligible Earn”). Eligible Earn includes base and category accelerator earn of Aeroplan points on your eligible Aeroplan Co‑Branded Credit Card, but excludes any welcome bonuses, acquisition bonuses, campaign bonuses or conversion points. Eligible Earn by secondary cardholders will also count towards the Eligible Earn of the Primary Cardholder.

Funny that it starts September 1, but just getting the email now.
jlimftalk likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
Details from the bottom of the email:

The Aeroplan Credit Card Maintain Your Status Offer (the “Offer”) is intended for and will only apply to the Aeroplan Elite member who is also the primary cardholder of an eligible Aeroplan co-branded credit card (the “Aeroplan Cobranded Credit Card”). The Offer is valid between September 1, 2023 at 00:01 EST and October 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST (inclusive) (the “Offer Period”). To qualify for this Offer and maintain your Aeroplan Elite status level through December 31, 2024, you must earn at least 10,000 Aeroplan points on eligible Aeroplan Co‑Branded Credit Card purchases (net of returns) posted to your Aeroplan account throughout the Offer Period (“Eligible Earn”). Eligible Earn includes base and category accelerator earn of Aeroplan points on your eligible Aeroplan Co‑Branded Credit Card, but excludes any welcome bonuses, acquisition bonuses, campaign bonuses or conversion points. Eligible Earn by secondary cardholders will also count towards the Eligible Earn of the Primary Cardholder.

Funny that it starts September 1, but just getting the email now.
love the promo

Does it require registration and do we think it is targeted or available to all current card holders?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC SEMM

My e-mail (as an SE) did not offer anything useful, perhaps because I charge a lot to my card already (60,000 SQM through CC this year). Do you charge much to your card? Also, how close are you on SQM and SQD?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:48 pm

MrsITAG, who is SE, just got this offer as well. She has a basic TD card - the TD Aeropan Visa Infinite.

Let me understand this right - all she needs to do is spend $10,000 on this card between now and Oct 31, and she will maintain SE to the end of 2024. (We were looking at mileage runs just yesterday).

She *doesn't* need to upgrade to the TD Infinite Privilege, correct? She can just do the spend on the card she already has?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
Same here

i got a different email (CIBC VIP card & currently SE status) with large spend ytd approx $75k My email says I can earn 5000 bonus SQM when I book a round trip flight on AC metal between Sept 1 and October 31 2023. No mention of keeping my current status for next year, which I could use as I am trending to 50k for next year only
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
MrsITAG, who is SE, just got this offer as well. She has a basic TD card - the TD Aeropan Visa Infinite.

Let me understand this right - all she needs to do is spend $10,000 on this card between now and Oct 31, and she will maintain SE to the end of 2024. (We were looking at mileage runs just yesterday).

She *doesn't* need to upgrade to the TD Infinite Privilege, correct? She can just do the spend on the card she already has?
Probably much less than $10k spend depending on your point multipliers on that card. The terms of the offer say that multipliers count. I have the Amex Aeroplan Reserve and apparently earned the 10k points in the first week of Sept by purchasing some AC tickets with a 3x multiplier. I am SE now but was probably only going to make it to 75k this year without this offer. I was fine on SQM but needed $6k more SQD to get to $20k. Very happy with this offer.
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:58 pm

Also got this. Already spent the $10k since Sep 1st. Not sure if it would indicate at some point that status has been extended.

I was not on track to requalify for SE but I do have a banked SE status to fall back on. I wonder if the system will be smart enough not to use the banked status for 2024.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:59 pm

Those are way better offers than the offer I got for my AMEX Aeroplan Reserve:
Achieve your status goals even faster with this limited time offer from Air Canada

Earn 400 bonus SQD when you book and travel on a round trip flight with Air Canada® in a Flex fare or higher, to any domestic, U.S. or sun destination by October 31, 2023.± Don’t forget to pay using your Aeroplan credit card to earn even more points on your purchase.
As DPs: I'm SE and also hold a CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite (not Privilege).
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

The fine print says:

Are Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus points considered category accelerator points?
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy ambassador
If i am correct. My inbound journey(tomorrow) from DXB to YYC (latitude fare) will provide over 10K aeroplan points. Do i qualify for this? I have AMEX Aeroplane Reserve Card. But i booked this flight prior to Sept.1, 2023
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Lantern17
The fine print says:

Are Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus points considered category accelerator points?

I didn't get this targeted offer. I'm upset. They need to provide these offers to everyone so it's the same playing field for everyone.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.

I think if she received the email, she doesn't have to upgrade the card.
as for your spending amounts - my offer (on the Amex) stated 10,000 pts - so that's ~$3.333k (3 pts / $) spend on AC, $5k (2 pts / $) on Dining, or $8k (1.25 pts / $) in everything else

great call out above on the eligible dates being sept 1 - oct. 31!
Old Sep 22, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I received the status extension offer as well. 75K member with a TD Visa Infinite Privilege card.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it doesn't matter when you spend it is when the miles are posted to your Aeroplan account. My statement is the 25th of each month and that is when the points get posted to my Aeroplan account. So in my case I actually just have until just before October 25 (can't recall the cutoff day) to spend. The good news is my spending from August 26 until now will count and I just booked a few expensive European biz class tickets so I should qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.