Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Aeroplan Terms & Conditions (Feb 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Aeroplan Terms & Conditions (Feb 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by bambinomartino
Might be the wrong place to ask but I wanted to inquire about booking a flight and subsequently joining Aeroplan. I have a family member who just booked Europe to New Zealand on TK, which would yield a non-trivial 10,000 Aeroplan points.

Obviously if it is an Air Canada flight, they would know when it was booked, and I believe you cannot retroactively sign up and then earn points for that flight. Does the same apply when the flight is booked on a partner airline? Would creating an Aeroplan account on the same day (5 hours later) be a solution?

Thank you!

Edit: or perhaps I had that wrong. Booking then enrolling then taking the flight is perhaps okay?
I believe that as long as you join before the flight (even at check-in) it would be fine.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I believe that as long as you join before the flight (even at check-in) it would be fine.
I would worry about creating an Aeroplan account the day of a flight. Air Canada says that enrolling in Aeroplan can take up to 72 hours.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
So after reading the latest Feb 5, 2024 T&C it seems that holding multiple CC is permitted, providing you're not churning or canceling after the SUB?

I have the CIBC Visa Premium, and will likely get the AMEX Reserve due to its 3x multiplier for AC flights, and another companion pass. I'm assuming multiple passes are fine, as they could have limited this to 1 across all cards in the T&C.

The AMEX Reserve SUB is spread out monthly across 16 months - so it basically forces you to 'be engaged' with your card.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
So after reading the latest Feb 5, 2024 T&C it seems that holding multiple CC is permitted, providing you're not churning or canceling after the SUB?

I have the CIBC Visa Premium, and will likely get the AMEX Reserve due to its 3x multiplier for AC flights, and another companion pass. I'm assuming multiple passes are fine, as they could have limited this to 1 across all cards in the T&C.

The AMEX Reserve SUB is spread out monthly across 16 months - so it basically forces you to 'be engaged' with your card.
The AMEX SUB is actually in months 1-6 (7,500 points *6 mos = 45k for $2k spend each month) and then in months 13-16 (spend $6k in months 13-16 and get 35k points). They want to ensure you renew for year 2 but you could lower your use for half a year. Also note that 10k of the SUB relates to adding 2 additional cards at 5k points each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.