Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Where's the beef? Random AC staffers chosen for burger bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2003, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N21C324A6

MONTREAL (Reuters) - Pleased with workers who scored top marks on customer service, Air Canada recently picked 100 at random to give them a bonus -- a C$5 hamburger coupon that expires in five weeks.

Wow! I wish I had a job with those kinda perks!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 7:47 pm

Better watch out cattle
Old Nov 25, 2003, 7:56 pm

Harvey's Gift Certificate: $5

Upgrade to Super-Size Fries and Coke: $1.49

Being insulted with a "perk" after you gave back part of your salary and vacation time to help keep your company afloat while the guys who almost drove it into the ground walk away with $20+ Million: Priceless

[This message has been edited by YYZC2 (edited Nov 25, 2003).]
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I guess this was part of AC's new contract with CARA. Make goods for dropping meals on medium haul flights. Sounds like the coupons they gave us at the CARA Shareholders' meeting in August.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:16 pm

I am on the phone with an AC agent who I asked jokingly if she had heard of these and she said YES as she had won one of these

I have to admit she was very helpful with an expired ticket that needed to be re-issued and very friendly to boot. Go figure
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:22 pm

the original intent of these vouchers was to give to employees when they went above and beyond as a thank you. Looks like they had some leftovers
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:34 pm

Are they still warm?

While the intention might have been good, the disaster that this perk is going to become is proof postive (to me at least) that management has absolutely no "human" skills whatsoever.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Belated happy 5K posts, Ken.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:43 pm

Wow, now they can afford the large poutine.

Mike
Old Nov 26, 2003, 3:18 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Belated happy 5K posts, Ken.</font>
Thanks, but as I noted elsewhere, not exactly.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 7:36 am

I would have mailed mine back to Milton and told hime to shove it up his useless ...!...

It really is time for that clown top go.!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:09 am
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
This story is on Fark.com, scroll down until you see "Air Canada employees with stellar performance records are getting a $3.78 burger coupon as their bonus this year... it expires in a month"

If you think there are sometimes stupid comments in this forum, check out the discussion on this articlehere, or for that matter pretty much any Fark discussion, not the brightest bulbs.
Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AA, BA, OK
It baffles me that during these difficult times at AC that employees would expect anything at all. All employees are paid to offer a service and they should all be expected to offer top notch service as part of their job discription (If i treated my clients the way some Ground Staff treat passengers I would be unemployed!) Bonuses should come as maybe extra time off for really exceptional employees (above and beyond the job) - or perhaps run employee of the month or year contests where winners get a free trip or incentive. But giving out burger coupons is pretty dumb as it is extremely obvious that the only reason they are giving them out is that somewhere AC Management has "extra" coupons to give away - come on AC be a bit more imaginative!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:05 pm

I remember a few years ago with one of my statements, they had given me some forms that I could fill out and send in to Air Canada for exemplary service. They could be used for any AC employee and each one that was returned was a ballot for a trip down south...

I gave a few of them out and the employees were genuine when they thanked me for doing it...

Why don't they do something like that again? I think thats much better than Milton getting $21 million and the exceptional staff members getting a hamburger... what a preverbial slap in the face...

Alek - I do believe that exemplary customer service should be rewarded. There are some staff members who do their job and others who do their job and go the extra mile.

B
Old Nov 26, 2003, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JL Sapphire
This story is now running on the ticker at the bottom of CNN. The lead in is "THANKS!!!"

No doubt, whoever in HR thought this one up/approved it is going to take some ribbing over it for a long long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.