Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Black Friday 2023

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
It is definitely linked in some ways, I get the points and SQM from the card every month and the app and website do say cardholder, however, I have seen elsewhere that there are multiple systems at play and some might not be synced up with the credit card. I have sent in a request for the missing points and noted that nothing has rolled over yet either
Still no 10X Black Friday Points. Put in missing points request, three weeks later, received a response that said they already gave me the points for the purchase from Apple. Wrote back to tell them that it isn't the points from Apple I am missing, it is the 10X promotional points that I am missing. They wrote back to say that they need the detailed invoice from Apple. I wrote back to advise that they evidently already have that information as they awarded me the base points for the purchase, just not the points for the credit card transaction and included a copy of the card transactions that match to the purchases they already know about. We will see what they come up with now.

Anybody else STILL waiting for their 10X points from Black Friday?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:00 pm

Still no 10X Black Friday Points. Put in missing points request, three weeks later, received a response that said they already gave me the points for the purchase from Apple. Wrote back to tell them that it isn't the points from Apple I am missing, it is the 10X promotional points that I am missing. They wrote back to say that they need the detailed invoice from Apple. I wrote back to advise that they evidently already have that information as they awarded me the base points for the purchase, just not the points for the credit card transaction and included a copy of the card transactions that match to the purchases they already know about. We will see what they come up with now.

Anybody else STILL waiting for their 10X points from Black Friday?
Well, I guess they win. They say that my card was not registered for the promotion. I know it was because I registered mine and my wife's at the same time and hers was fine.
They say that if I disagree, they will reconsider if i provide proof that I registered for the promotion. Maybe it is just me, but I certainly don't keep promotional emails for 3+ months
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Sixt Platinum, National EE
Well, I guess they win. They say that my card was not registered for the promotion. I know it was because I registered mine and my wife's at the same time and hers was fine.
They say that if I disagree, they will reconsider if i provide proof that I registered for the promotion. Maybe it is just me, but I certainly don't keep promotional emails for 3+ months
Brutal they put so much onus of proof on you producing such a simple (and easily faked?) email that they would have sent. I've taken to forwarding all those emails they send into their own inbox folder indefinitely but they sure do pile up over time. From my perspective the black friday estore promotions seem like a disorganized mess all around.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Maybe it is just me, but I certainly don't keep promotional emails for 3+ months
It's not just you, but I have every email from when I first created my Gmail account.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K, MB Amb
Has anyone received these 1000 bonus points after traveling on a booking made during this promo?

Originally Posted by Burgertime
I was thinking…is the 50,000,000 points really just a sensationalistic marketing title and the ONLY real outcome is the 1000 bonus points minimum?
I tried to use some quasi scientific math to see what is possible…

Total annual passenger load is estimated at 37m. So that would be 18.5m return flights per year.
How many are actually revenue seats? So remove staff, Aeroplan, other points like Avion that may not qualify…is it reasonable to assume 80% of seats are paying customers?
That would be 14.8m.
That is over 40,500 per day.
Assuming ticket sales were evenly distributed every day of the year, it would only take 2 days to consume the 50,000,000 bonus points at a 1000 point minimum. Perhaps 50 billion or trillion points would have been a more enticing offer?

What did I learn - I really need a new hobby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.