Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Online changes for Aeroplan bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

https://princeoftravel.com/news/aero...s-to-bookings/

A new feature has appeared on some Aeroplan bookings, which allows you to make self-serve changes online instead of phoning the Aeroplan Contact Centre.

While the feature is currently being tested in beta mode and isn’t available across all bookings, it’s a very welcome development for anyone who has faced long hold times to make an amendment to a booking.
Full disclosure, it's not working for me on any of my bookings, but all my bookings either have a Priority Reward or Flight Reward Certificate.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by canadiancow
https://princeoftravel.com/news/aero...s-to-bookings/

Full disclosure, it's not working for me on any of my bookings, but all my bookings either have a Priority Reward or Flight Reward Certificate.
Not working for me, either.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I tried it on a couple. On one, it gave me the button, but once I signed in, it said I could only change it by phone. Not terribly surprising, given this was NAP-FRA (very long stopover)-YYZ-YYC with NAP-FRA flown long ago.

The second one is a simple YYC-YVR one-way. It let me request to change it, showed me options with prices, but froze when it took me to the payment screen. The red plane wasn't even spinning, it was just stuck in one place.

Unfortunately, it also only offered me the option to change the one leg that was already booked, whereas I wanted to both change that and add a return. So it seems even when they do get this working, it may have pretty limited functionality. But, I guess if it takes some pressure off the call centre by allowing some number of things to get done online, it will be better than nothing.
canadiancow and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
You are all braver than me for even trying this out. But it's welcome step, even if it does have some limitations. I'm guardedly optimistic.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 2:15 pm

Great development. Works on some but not others. Doesn't work on any that are latitude with e-ups applied.
*Assume it works based on bringing me to the final payment screen.

edit: also doesn't seem to work for any of my bookings with bounds booked in different fares.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Just tentatively tried changing YUL-TLS to YUL-ZRH-MXP and it went through to the pay page...have to wait for another friend on the same itin before trying officially but it seems to work at least for something simple like this.

J lowest: also calculated the fees correctly.
kalderlake and unclepants like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:25 pm

It offered me a bunch of options, including several that retained the LHR-AUH F leg, when I tried to change an FRA-LHR-AUH J/F booking.

But when I tried to change the departure point to YYZ, it didn't retain the F leg.

Still, it should save us, and them, a fair bit of time, even in this limited form.

Last edited by kalderlake; Jul 26, 2023 at 4:35 pm
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Just tried it on a return YVR - YYZ which had a change on the OB and is a Priority Reward with a confirmed e-UP...don't even get the option...button is not active.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
A pair of simple 1-way bookings seemingly work as expected... I didn't click through to confirm any changes.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:41 pm

Not working on any of my three bookings yet
Old Jul 26, 2023, 5:15 pm

Seems to be working fine for my simple one-way bookings.

Was hoping a bug might have allowed me to change a PE Low booking for free, but no such luck. I guess I'll just go back to hoping there's a schedule change or cancellation and I can get a refund closer to flight, but AC105 looks to be surprisingly reliable compared to other wide body YYZ-YVR flights.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
You are all braver than me for even trying this out. But it's welcome step, even if it does have some limitations. I'm guardedly optimistic.
I only tried this on bookings I already wanted to change. Worst case scenario, something gets messed up, I lose seats on flights I wasn't going to take anyway (since my plans have changed), and I have to call in. If I didn't try the online change, I'd have to call in anyway, so not much downside.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I did a tons of experiments with this and it seems it only allows me to change one way tickets. Did anyone have success changing a return ticket?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 10:58 am

Doesn't seem to be working on any return tickets I have.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
...NAP...

The red plane wasn't even spinning, it was just stuck in one place.
Was it ... like a big pizza pie?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.