Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Online changes for Aeroplan bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online changes for Aeroplan bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:52 am

Finally, an alternative to waiting on the phone for hours but of course, it's Air Canada - it'll be a few months to work out all the bugs and iron out the kinks!
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by menthex
... a few months to...!
Ha!

I wish i was as optomistic!!
rambling man likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had a SFO-TPE-SFO on BR. I could not change online.

I just called to push it out to a SEA-YVR (saving the PR...).

Now the change functionality shows up and works.

So clearly it wasn't the PR causing it.

I wonder if it just required being booked (or changed) more recently?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by menthex
Finally, an alternative to waiting on the phone for hours but of course, it's Air Canada - it'll be a few months to work out all the bugs and iron out the kinks!
if only it existed before COVID hit…would’ve saved us buying a cash return fare from Hawai.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
I was changing a reward flight tonight by this online method. After numerous attempts it appears to have booked what I wanted but when I call up the PNR, there is a pink box telling me to call in to confirm changes. Argh.

Boxes to change cancel, eup all greyed out.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
For my itinerary I did make a change and it worked. One way YUL-TLS changed to YUL-ZRH-BLQ.

For my friend who had a one way but TLS was a stopover on the way to VCE it did not work. He had to call in.

So it seems it's only really working for very simple straightforward one ways atm.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91

So it seems it's only really working for very simple straightforward one ways atm.
Which is to be expected. It needs to be appreciated that although 'change my booking' sounds simple on the surface, it is actually very complex process, even for cash tickets, which themselves have more structured and industry-defined rules. Aeroplan is its own ruleset, plus the vast different combinations and permutations you can have, makes this functionality a large and complicated process.

So do I see the types of bookings eligible for self-serve online changes to be expanded over time? Yes. Do I think every booking will be able to be changed online? No.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Introducing Online Reward Changes
Now you can make changes to most Aeroplan flight rewards on aircanada.com. Once you sign in and retrieve your booking details, look for the "Change flight" button. From there you can
?
.....watch a circling shark for 30 mins just like our booking page does when you try to compare reward options.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 17, 2023 at 11:51 pm Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Aug 18, 2023, 1:49 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
For obvious reasons, I decided to rebook my YVR-YZF / YZF-YFB (two PNRs) which is upcoming in two weeks.

No problem changing YVR-YZF to YVR-YOW on their "beta" site, and it even calculated the points delta correctly. Super smooth. However no joy with changing YZF-YFB to YOW-YFB and I suspect that is due to it being operated by 5T. I'm not surprised, but this is still a nice step forward.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I tried to change a booking. It errored. I tried again, and after entering payment info, it was spinning for a bit, so I switched away from that tab. When I came back I was on the home page.

The change did not go through.

But the space looks like it's being held somewhere, since I can't find it any more.

Sigh.
wilywombat likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:07 pm

Revisiting this.
Has there been any success stories changing the reservations online? I tried online and through the app - bupkis ..... not working, always timing out and bring me back to the homepage. I reached out to AC social media, got directed to Aeroplan, and Aeroplan does not respond. Space still showing though ....
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:42 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I was able to change the return date on an Aeroplan booking a few weeks ago using the app, process went smoothly (Android if it matters). Only thing is the seat selection fee from the changed segment has not been refunded but that usually takes a few weeks with AC anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I was able to change the return date on an Aeroplan booking a few weeks ago using the app, process went smoothly (Android if it matters). Only thing is the seat selection fee from the changed segment has not been refunded but that usually takes a few weeks with AC anyway.
Mine is android too, but still timing out. Both AC and Aeroplan twitter teams are useless. They used to be much better a few years back.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:28 pm

So I had this happen earlier this year and called. I called and they told me the reason was that the website was showing phantom availability.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
So I had this happen earlier this year and called. I called and they told me the reason was that the website was showing phantom availability.
Ah ok ... interesting. The space keeps showing up with what seems like daily decline in miles needed. Found another bugs (or is it a feature .... :P) ... that my transferred points from outside sources (bank points) got recognized instantly but the total does not show up, and both the tool and app - will constantly log me out whenever I tried to modify an award. Way to go AC .... The auto log out will stop after the total is properly reflected, usually abt 2-3 hours or so ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.