Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Jesus, there are not a lot of flights to BDA today, and what the hell is happening over on the east coast today? AA has a bunch of seats left on that 18:55 MIA-BDA flight, if you can figure out a way to get there. I spent a few minutes poking around EF trying to think of various combos that would get you from YOW or YUL to MIA in time for that flight, and none were working. Everything is basically sold out on every airline that EF pulls up. J0 Y0 for YYZ-MIA, YUL-MIA, NYC-MIA, BOS-MIA, etc that would get you there in time for that flight. If you can figure something out that gets you from YOW or YUL to MIA that involves some combination of AC, UA, AA, and DL, you can ask AC to re-book you on it. But I didn't see anything.

Actually, UA has seats on the 11:33 EWR-BDA. They also have 4 seats (although only in J) on the 6AM YOW-EWR flight, which would leave you plenty of time to connect. Or if you can get yourself to YUL (the first YOW-YUL of the day is also cancelled), you can potentially take AC8938. At 74 minutes, looks like that's not a legal connection, but in IRROPs, sometimes agents can do stuff they normally wouldn't.
Thanks for looking. After many hours on hold we are rebooked on tommorows flight. Sadly it doesn’t get in until later in the day so we’ve lost 2 days of Bermuda fun. AC really needs an online option for rebooking when this happens.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Came into YYZ early today as I am off to IAD and then AUH. Security was a breeze as i was the only one at the time and customs was just as fast. Walked passed the customer service desk where there is a long line, but four to five agents. So many cancelled flights and delayed flights. Mine is only delayed 1.20 so far, lol.

No screaming or freak outs which is good.patients is your friend
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:14 pm

Would love some thoughts on this situation: I'm due to fly YQT-SFO tomorrow (June 30) via YYZ. I've already checked in online and this evening received notification that I've been "re-accommodated" on a new flight. Instead of leaving Thunder Bay on AC8554 at 10:55am 6/30 with a 4hr layover to connect to AC743 for YYZ-SFO, I've been moved to the next day (July 1) on a flight leaving YQT at 12:35pm AC8558. YYZ-SFO still the same flight just a day later. This cuts my connection time down to 2.5hrs and I saw the US connections line coming in - it was not pretty. And of course it's a day later - not great, but mostly I just don't want to get stuck in Pearson overnight because I missed that late flight.

The weird thing is, when I go online to look at options and check to see if I could still fly tomorrow my whole original flight schedule is STILL there. There's no change of aircraft and no indication that set of flights won't go out.

What happens if I just... set myself back to the original? I guess the worst is I go to the airport in the morning and it's a no go? I can't call AC - not only are they backed up on taking calls, they're so backed up they can't even put you on hold right now. Oh, and their website is barely crawling. Half-joking... should I just drive to MPLS and fly Delta from there (of course I should, should have done that to start with!).
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mlbsc
Would love some thoughts on this situation: I'm due to fly YQT-SFO tomorrow (June 30) via YYZ. I've already checked in online and this evening received notification that I've been "re-accommodated" on a new flight. Instead of leaving Thunder Bay on AC8554 at 10:55am 6/30 with a 4hr layover to connect to AC743 for YYZ-SFO, I've been moved to the next day (July 1) on a flight leaving YQT at 12:35pm AC8558. YYZ-SFO still the same flight just a day later. This cuts my connection time down to 2.5hrs and I saw the US connections line coming in - it was not pretty. And of course it's a day later - not great, but mostly I just don't want to get stuck in Pearson overnight because I missed that late flight.

The weird thing is, when I go online to look at options and check to see if I could still fly tomorrow my whole original flight schedule is STILL there. There's no change of aircraft and no indication that set of flights won't go out.

What happens if I just... set myself back to the original? I guess the worst is I go to the airport in the morning and it's a no go? I can't call AC - not only are they backed up on taking calls, they're so backed up they can't even put you on hold right now. Oh, and their website is barely crawling. Half-joking... should I just drive to MPLS and fly Delta from there (of course I should, should have done that to start with!).
Delays ex-YQT are terrible theses days so never mind the US customs be worried about departing YQT on time. I would show up. My impression is that you can refuse (?) the accommodation; regardless presumably AC staff in YQT can provide you with better options either tomorrow or the next day (v.g. earlier departure).
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Would love some thoughts on this situation: I'm due to fly YQT-SFO tomorrow (June 30) via YYZ. I've already checked in online
What happens if I just... set myself back to the original? I .
I'd 100% just go tomorrow 6/30. You already checked in

First flight currently has 8 open seat. YYZ-SFO has 5, but they are all in PY & J

If you misconnect, you may get a reroute to SFO or a hotel. But in all likelihood, if YYZ is a mess, even your SFO flight will be a mess.

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 29, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:37 pm

AC8554 on June 30 is already delayed until 14:00 with arrival of 15:57, probably why they decided to rebook you. Not sure if 1:03 is enough to clear US customs at YYZ assuming you can get on the flight, but probably better to be stuck in YYZ than YQT.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:48 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
And so it begins, but with soothing words:

We know how stressful it can be when travel plans get interrupted. You'll receive a separate email from us about getting your travel plans back on track, because we want to get you on your way as soon as possible.
Right now, "Airport Control" appears to equate to "Eventual Cancellation".
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Air Canada Cancel flights for tomorrowe - No way to reach them via call center

Air Canada cancels my flight ORD-YYZ for tomorrow, Friday July 1st
Right now I can't reach Air Canada because they are neither answering the phone nor putting people on hold.

What to do? I have never seen an airline not answering the phone unless they are liquidated. This is insane.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Minos
Air Canada cancels my flight ORD-YYZ for tomorrow, Friday July 1st
Right now I can't reach Air Canada because they are neither answering the phone nor putting people on hold.

What to do? I have never seen an airline not answering the phone unless they are liquidated. This is insane.
Is that 8914? It’s the only one the app shows as cancelled.

If you can get to ORD early that might be your best bet. Otherwise keep trying to call and hope to luck out. They have said the app/site will allow rebooking as well, so you could try that and see if there is any way to do so. (See here for special provisions for flights going to or from YYZ.)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Correct. This is AC8914.
I do not mind flying on the United Airlines flight that leave right before or right after, but they need to rebook me. Right now it says cancelled and they leave me to hand dry while not even putting people on hold. The line is hanging up, I am 24hr before my flight.

I have gove through the Comair South Africa liquidation and even that was better handled. Not answering phone line is just insane. I am wondering what the DOT will think about this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:14 pm

Did you look at your booking online, there maybe an option to change flights there.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

Instead of waiting on the phone what I would do is go to aeroplan.com and just buy the United flight with 6000 miles (buy miles if you have to). Time is of the essence here since everyone else will be trying to get on the same flight etc.

https://www.aircanada.com/aeroplan/r...marketCode=TNB

Deal with refunds later
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Minos
This is insane.
No, this is normal for this airline.
Surprised tho they didnt even rebook you on a different flight and just left you stranded.
Make sure to claim your due compensation under the APPR (google it)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I guess the shoe has dropped with the AC CEO announcement of flight cancellations. Whole bunch of flights cancelled starting from tomorrow. Its going to be a gong show at many airports as schools just ended here and there will be irate people steaming all over the airport.
Security line at YYZ as an example yesterday was the length of the airport.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE
AC did announce that they have a new and improved rebooking tool. You could try that? I wasn't able to get it to work on my upcoming flights that were cancelled/changed, but apparently it works for some people some of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.