Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
Numerous YUL cancellations and delays tonight. Airliners.net post said due to a broken baggage belt.

The post referred to it as a ground stop going on hour #5 (which isn't quite accurate if some flights are taking off and arriving). Several AC cancelled flights cite destination airport limitations.
Yikes. I did Did YUL-EU and back this past week. I'm glad I escaped with only several hour delays, but didn't need to overnight.

Seriously contemplating our family trip that will route us YYZ-EU in August.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:01 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The reason I saw reported for the recent YUL baggage gum-up was not a broken belt, but broken baggage software requiring a manual process on check-in. Same net result I guess.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I do not know what to do? My ICN to YYZ flight has been getting delayed and delayed for the past month and I have tried to get AC to reroute and they say they are unable to do so. They told me that I have to cancel my return and buy a one way. They also refused to let me manage my booking online.

Now again the ICN to YYZ flight has delayed and `I am going to miss my connection from YYZ. Is AC going to give me overnight stay at YYZ or they could not care about it?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
On July 2, our flight 738 Sfo-yyz at 0700 was canceled and we were informed at 10 pm the night before. We were staying at a Sfo hotel so we got out of bed and headed to the air Canada check-in desk. They put us on a new flight scheduled to leave at 2 pm but finally left at 5:30. We had to overnight in Toronto and pay for hotel and taxi (over $500) because there was no staff available at 0100 when we landed. We finally arrived at our final destination (deer lake) over 12 hours late. We filled out the customer relation form. And while I have not received a response, my wife received a $250 e-credit. We received various explanations for why the flight was canceled- Covid scheduling issues, mechanical, staffing etc. but it certainly seems like we are entitled to more than a $250 flight credit.

Last edited by wilma; Jul 7, 2022 at 6:25 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Why won't they pay for the hotel if it is their problem the flight is delayed? In ICN they told me to speak with AC in YYZ and they cannot guarantee anything at all.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:06 am
zam

Anyone know what happened with AC897 today? Crew timed out on mechanical delay?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by zam
No comments on EF.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:13 am
zam

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No comments on EF.
right. Which i found strange, as it had no comments throughout the entire original delay
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
FIN 226 is delayed. Already. And I'm taking it 3 flights from now.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:55 pm

Where is the self-service rebooking tool that some people say they've been able to use?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by zam
EF has an update now.

DOAC897/07JUL
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * AC 897 0 TH 07JUL22
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

ATH ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1435
DELAY NON-SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
LEFT THE GATE 1439
AIRCRAFT RETURNING TO RAMP 1631
PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES) 0154
FLIGHT CANCELLED 0939
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1807 YYZ
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Where is the self-service rebooking tool that some people say they've been able to use?
It came up on the booking at AC.com for me. When I clicked View Booking, it says flights have changed, and offered to search for alternate flights, or accept the proposed change.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by zappy312
It came up on the booking at AC.com for me. When I clicked View Booking, it says flights have changed, and offered to search for alternate flights, or accept the proposed change.
That was for a day-of-departure delay?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That was for a day-of-departure delay?
No, this was for schedule changes in advance. You could try playing with the following URL and seeing if anything comes up, replace PNRPNR with your booking reference, and put your last name in: https://www.aircanada.com /self-reacc/reacc?orderId=PNRPNR&lastName=LASTNAME&language=US

(I don't know how to prevent FT from shortening URLs, so you'll need to remove the space too.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by zappy312
No, this was for schedule changes in advance. You could try playing with the following URL and seeing if anything comes up, replace PNRPNR with your booking reference, and put your last name in: https://www.aircanada.com /self-reacc/reacc?orderId=PNRPNR&lastName=LASTNAME&language=US

(I don't know how to prevent FT from shortening URLs, so you'll need to remove the space too.
Thanks.

Both bounds say "Your flight 1 has not changed." and there are no options.

It's only a 30 minute posted delay so far, but it's possible this tool was literally only meant for actual schedule changes, and not delays like I'm experiencing. Or 30 minutes just isn't sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.