Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mark Nasr now President of Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP

From his LinkedIn post today:

“​​​​​​I’m honoured to be starting a new position as Executive Vice President, Marketing & Digital at Air Canada and President at Aeroplan!“
Old May 4, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Yes, this was announced a while ago and took effect with Lucie’s retirement at the end of April. Marc Galardo was also promoted to EVP.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Yes, this was announced a while ago and took effect with Lucie’s retirement at the end of April. Marc Galardo was also promoted to EVP.
Thanks- I missed it. He announced it on LinkedIn today as new news and “Starting A New Position” .

Mods- please merge with another thread if applicable.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Totally consistent with AC that it takes several months for the paperwork to catch up and reconcile.
Old May 5, 2023, 12:55 am

Curious to see if there's any new changes coming!
Old May 5, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
I expect this will just be another office occupant. It is not as if he has the power to do anything, like reduce the cost of redemption on a flight, or improve inventory, or to offer anything of actual value.
Old May 5, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I expect this will just be another office occupant. It is not as if he has the power to do anything, like reduce the cost of redemption on a flight, or improve inventory, or to offer anything of actual value.
I'm curious if anyone has ever asked him in a public forum/interview why the IT is so bad and what AC is doing about it. It's not just the loyalty stuff discrepancies, it's the fact that using the website it's a crap shoot on whether it will even work while searching fares without returning errors, hanging, etc. Someone pointed me to Firefox a while back and that helps, but it's still v unreliable, and rather inscrutable that one has to use a browser with <10% market share in an effort to buy the product of a multi-billion $ business. Does anyone know whether this has been asked/addressed publicly somewhere?
Speedbird84 and billdokes like this.
Old May 5, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Totally consistent with AC that it takes several months for the paperwork to catch up and reconcile.
The paperwork had to be flown in and, well, you know about AC's OTP ...
Old May 9, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Looks like he finally received his well deserved "promotion." Creating a new loyalty program from the ground up and exciting it is no easy feat. I'm sure customer service scores improved hence why he can say it has been a success. Biggest takeaway from him on the new Aeroplan has always been "more members are getting more overall value from the new program than the old program" Most folks on here will 100% disagree with that statement but to the FOTSGs I guess they got quite a bit of enhancements just by holding a CC (just look at Zone 2 boarding these days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.